What to put on the iStick?

For now I can put up this one with the atomic, it is elsewhere as well. Soon as I get home will put up the anima too;)
View attachment 14886
Thanks. Yes, size wise drippers are perfect on the iStick, but most dripper users probably do below 1.0 ohm resistance. Am sure the next version will be able to go lower.

And here is one with the anima excuse the quality. Just realised now you can actually fiddle with the bottom of the anima to get it to sit flush with no washer:oops:
image.jpg
@Andre figured the same on the dripper users wanting subohm, personally dont get it myself but each to their own. I choose to tailor my builds to the device. For all regulated mods I look up the mean, median resistance parameters (www.steam-engine.org compiles info for most devices) and then the idealised sweet spot so I can get the most out of the device, on the istick and my DNA30 1,2 ohm is great, allows me to play at both high and low wattages which definitely helps find the perfect power for any juice I may throw in it.

I do every once in a while build something low, always find being forced into high watts to be frustrating. Think I may prefer subohm on mechanicals more, i may be one of the freaky peeps that likes a voltage drop lol

Steel tube mAN on iStick... beautiful / compact / tasty!

20141107_122045_resized.jpg

I picked up one of these for my boss at work.

He started off with a pro tank mini. Then an aero tank.

Now he is using my Taifun GT.

They look good together and the Flavour is fantastic.

Although I wouldn't expect anything less from that atty. Its such an unknown gem!

The Anima looks amazing on the stick :eek:

The Anima looks amazing on the stick :eek:
Its a really great looking atty. My next purchase is an iStick in blue just for the anima, think the blue,silver and gold will work nicely.

Its a really great looking atty. My next purchase is an iStick in blue just for the anima, think the blue,silver and gold will work nicely.
Hi Danny. How do drippers fare at above 1ohm and 20w max? Just for interests sake :)

Hi Danny. How do drippers fare at above 1ohm and 20w max? Just for interests sake :)
Im not too sure how to answer. Very very well, obviously not for cloud chasing but I get really nice dense hits at 15-18watts on most 1 - 1.3 ohm coils. The flavour is impeccable and easily comparable to subohm builds. Being able to adjust across a very wide range of watts is the major benefit imo, for example on the same coil I can warm vape 5 pawns queenside, as well as cool vape 5 pawns gambit without burning off too much caramel flavour.

The limitation I have found is in the gauge wire/surface area ratio of coils. To achieve it I cant use anything lower than lets say 28 g (even 28 is pushing it for 20 watts, better at 30) wire to build duals or anything that gives decent flavour cause they take way too long to heat up. This though can be overcome at least partly by using microcoils, twisted kanthal (my go to is twisted 32g) and I am now also starting to try out flat kanthal. Hope that helps:)

Drippers do very well above 1ohm. A nice fruit flavoured juice, 1 ohm or over and close the airflow, about a 1 - 1.5mm hole will do. Try it its good.

Thanks @Gazzacpt
I think that's why I'm finding the simpler fruity flavours not so good on my regular Reo builds of 0.8/0.9 ohms.
Probably just too much power

I need to build a 1.2 or 1.3 ohmer on my RM2 and dedicate it to the fruity juices.

Funny thing is that one forgets the basics. When I started on the Reos I was building 1.3 to 1.5 ohm coils and I was happy. I was happily vaping and reviewing VapeKing's Pina Colada and Grape Soda juices. Then I crept down, especially on the tobacco juices to about 0.6 or so. Now my Reos are all generally much lower ohms than they were a few months ago.

Just had an "aha" moment after your post...
Thanks

Thanks @Gazzacpt
I think that's why I'm finding the simpler fruity flavours not so good on my regular Reo builds of 0.8/0.9 ohms.
Probably just too much power

I need to build a 1.2 or 1.3 ohmer on my RM2 and dedicate it to the fruity juices.

Funny thing is that one forgets the basics. When I started on the Reos I was building 1.3 to 1.5 ohm coils and I was happy. I was happily vaping and reviewing VapeKing's Pina Colada and Grape Soda juices. Then I crept down, especially on the tobacco juices to about 0.6 or so. Now my Reos are all generally much lower ohms than they were a few months ago.

Just had an "aha" moment after your post...
Thanks

This is very intersting...I wonder if anyone out there is working on a variable resistance atomizer :think:

This is very intersting...I wonder if anyone out there is working on a variable resistance atomizer :think:

That would be cool @free3dom - I would be the first to buy such a thing.
I suppose one could always go for the same coil and use the variable power on a regulated.
But would be cool to have a mech with a variable resistance atty - can't see why this is not possible.

I also want a setup where I can vary the position of my coil at the touch of a button - i.e. up, down, left and right - maybe 4 little buttons somewhere - each press moves it by 0.5mm.
LOL

That would be cool @free3dom - I would be the first to buy such a thing.
I suppose one could always go for the same coil and use the variable power on a regulated.
But would be cool to have a mech with a variable resistance atty - can't see why this is not possible.

I also want a setup where I can vary the position of my coil at the touch of a button - i.e. up, down, left and right - maybe 4 little buttons somewhere - each press moves it by 0.5mm.
LOL

I agree...it seems that the humble coil has evolved a lot, but always in "steps" and as yet no variability :(

I also think it would be possible - something as simple as a dripper with two (or more) coils on opposite sides and having a "switch" of sorts to select which one gets fired would already be a step in the right direction. That might inspire some voodoo from the proper vape designers to come up with something magical :)

Ohhh...and position changes would be epic...Variable Throat Hit....I'd buy that :rock:

Awesome find!! Thanks!! :D

Here's the thread for the beta version:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/434244-medusa-vrd-final-testing-pics-within.html

Going to be investigating this one some more...it totally stimulates my gadgety obsession :p

Coiling it would be quite "fun", methinks:
IMG_1242_zps53056276.jpg

Unfortunately, it seems this device crashed and burned :(

Last edited:
Back