What would you guys recommend? (Coil Talk)

Coilology 7 in 1 Kit or Geekvape Spools with a Jig.

• Total voters

ShaneDylan96

Juice Hoarder.
LV

Awards
Should I get a Coilology 7 in 1 set or some Geekvape spools with a Jigging tool for flavor? I'm getting my OXVA Arbiter tomorrow and I'm curious to see who's used the Coilology 7 in 1 coils and if it's worth the price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319_163918_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.png
    Screenshot_20210319_163918_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.png
    278.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210319_164348_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.png
    Screenshot_20210319_164348_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 23
I started my foray into fancy coils with that Coilology set and I think for the price it is a very decent product.

Nothing wrong with starting off with some prewrapped coils, that way you can figure out what you like and progress from there to wrap your own or get someone to custom wrap it for you. You'll soon find what works and what doesn't and then you can explore more with other metal types as well and different wraps and builds. So go for the prewrapped and take it from there.

Nothing wrong with starting off with some prewrapped coils, that way you can figure out what you like and progress from there to wrap your own or get someone to custom wrap it for you. You'll soon find what works and what doesn't and then you can explore more with other metal types as well and different wraps and builds. So go for the prewrapped and take it from there.
I used some Kanthal Demon Killer Tiger Coils which left a bad taste in my mouth inside a Blotto Mini, Then bought myself some Hellvape Quad Core NI80 coils which tastes a little better after I had to rewrap them to make them a bit smaller

I started my foray into fancy coils with that Coilology set and I think for the price it is a very decent product.
It's very hard to find that specific set though and I see a lot of people are complaining about Demon Killer/ Vapefly and the Coilmaster Skynet Kit

Like many things in vaping, there is little agreement on which coil/coils are the "best".

upload_2021-3-19_17-25-38.jpeg

I bought one of these Coilology 7 in 1 sets some time ago. There is really nothing wrong with them. The Juggernaut and Chain Link coils are seldom used but worked well enough.

I am afraid that you will have to find out for yourself what works for you and your budget.

The coilology kit will cost around R7 per coil.

"Better" coils will cost R 70 per coil, or even more.

The Coilology coils are good value for money.

Like many things in vaping, there is little agreement on which coil/coils are the "best".

View attachment 225438

I bought one of these Coilology 7 in 1 sets some time ago. There is really nothing wrong with them. The Juggernaut and Chain Link coils are seldom used but worked well enough.

I am afraid that you will have to find out for yourself what works for you and your budget.

The coilology kit will cost around R7 per coil.

"Better" coils will cost R 70 per coil, or even more.

The Coilology coils are good value for money.

Another thing I'm confused about with the Coilology pack is that it has multiple sizes of inner diameter for some of the coils in the pack which confused me a bit... Some are listed as 2.5mm and 3.0mm:worried:

Another thing I'm confused about with the Coilology pack is that it has multiple sizes of inner diameter for some of the coils in the pack which confused me a bit... Some are listed as 2.5mm and 3.0mm:worried:
It depends on the deck size or i.e the space between the posts. Some single or dual coil RTAs accommodate only 2.5mm ID (internal diameter) coils. It also depends on your personal preferences... most of the tanks on the market will accommodate 3mm coils with no issues whatsoever

It depends on the deck size or i.e the space between the posts. Some single or dual coil RTAs accommodate only 2.5mm ID (internal diameter) coils. It also depends on your personal preferences... most of the tanks on the market will accommodate 3mm coils with no issues whatsoever

Sorry... Meant to add that it has 2 different diameters for the same coil type and different materials listed for all different coil types.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319_200030_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210319_200030_com.android.chrome.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210319_200048_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210319_200048_com.android.chrome.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210319_200106_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210319_200106_com.android.chrome.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210319_200121_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210319_200121_com.android.chrome.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 9

I tend to use 3mm in my DL RTA's and 2.5mm for MTL vaping. I think eventually it comes down to preference as well, as I believe the flavor will differ on the two different sizes. Could be wrong though as I often am :D

Sorry... Meant to add that it has 2 different diameters for the same coil type and different materials listed for all different coil types.

I believe this coil pack come ins SS and Ni80 packs. I have the Ni80 pack, as everything is Ni80. I believe you also get a SS pack and there was even talk of a kanthal pack in some reviews.

Those Coilology 7 in 1 packs are really good value coming in either SS or Ni80 versions. Just a really good variety of coils and not bad quality at all! Nowhere near a match for the BVC coils quite a few of us have been testing for @charln but i even buy coilology coils from Naturevape in the UK for my staple MTL coils. single round wire. fused claptons and MTL Aliens. That's what's also good about them, any coil out the pack you find you really like you can buy in tubs of 10 separately in future!

Last edited:
Those Coilology 7 in 1 packs are really good value coming in either SS or Ni80 versions. Just a really good variety of coils and not bad quality at all! Nowhere near a match on the BVC coils quite a few of us have been testing for @charln but i even buy coilology coils from Naturevape in the UK for my staple MTL coils. single round wire. fused claptons and MTL Aliens. That's what's also good about them, any coil out the pack you find you really like you can buy in tubs of 10 separately in future!

BVC coils? I missed something again, didn't I?

BVC coils? I missed something again, didn't I?
Not to be confused with Bottom Vertical Coil as in Nautilus stock coils etc! Bearded Viking Custom coils, it was during your absence mate! The ramp up and flavour is very impressive with all @charln's coils and i just love the signature fireside crackle they give for the first 24hours! Love his Hybrid coils!

Back