What's so special about....?

Quintusson

Life is good and I am blessed :)
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
So I thought to create a general question thread for those who want to know what the hype is about certain vape items. It does not need to be high-end only. Mod, coils, juice, atomiser, you name it, ask and ye shall be answered. Hopefully.
@Moderators - if such a thread already exists (I could not find it), please incorporate there

My first one is this.

What's so special about a Billet Box??

So I thought to create a general question thread for those who want to know what the hype is about certain vape items. It does not need to be high-end only. Mod, coils, juice, atomiser, you name it, ask and ye shall be answered. Hopefully.
@Moderators - if such a thread already exists (I could not find it), please incorporate there

My first one is this.

I love my bb, its perfect for what I need out of a vape mod.

I have had the sxk versions and am lucky enough to now have an authentic. The build quality is awesome, its a small mod that fits in my pocket for running around sites all day, juice capacity is pretty good. plus its purty :inlove:

I have had the sxk versions and am lucky enough to now have an authentic. The build quality is awesome, its a small mod that fits in my pocket for running around sites all day, juice capacity is pretty good. plus its purty :inlove:
It's a AIO device, right? If so, what makes it different to other AIO devices at half the price? Or is it the same as a Hexohm versus a Noisy Cricket scenario where you get the same punch, etc. but just prettier packaging?

My BB and various similar mods are...well...um...OK.

Good points: Pretty. Compact. Customizable. Solid build.

Bad points (mainly BB): Flavour is all right, but never stellar, good with fruits and menthols but badly muted with almost everything else. Ridiculously priced through artificial supply constriction. The big one: BB has never put any effort into rectifying the original design flaws - no effort to seal off the board or screen resulting in multiple failures. This isn't a difficult fix as shown by the Pulse and the Cthulhu AIO.

Overhyped? Yes. I've never felt the BB has been worth what I paid for it.

What's with all the hype about disposables?
I don't use disposables but I have spoken to many people who do and the most common response is convenience. No need to change batteries, coils, refill juice, etc. etc. Pick up, vape, go. Apparently the flavours are also quite potent, so there's that. All I know is the nic is waaayyy too strong for me. Tried one I got for free once and coughed for almost 5 minutes.

Bad points (mainly BB): Flavour is all right, but never stellar, good with fruits and menthols but badly muted with almost everything else. Ridiculously priced through artificial supply constriction. The big one: BB has never put any effort into rectifying the original design flaws - no effort to seal off the board or screen resulting in multiple failures. This isn't a difficult fix as shown by the Pulse and the Cthulhu AIO.

fair enough, the cthulhu and the pulse making the boro section sealed off and at the back was genius, it is the one thing i dont like about the bb.

i just like my bb, it just works for me.

and i only vape menthol fruits at low watts (22w ish) and nothing else really. i dont really get any flavour off desserts, tobaccos and custards etc. first puff is fine then nothing so fruit it is.

It's a AIO device, right? If so, what makes it different to other AIO devices at half the price? Or is it the same as a Hexohm versus a Noisy Cricket scenario where you get the same punch, etc. but just prettier packaging?
the build quality is worlds apart. i have had a cthulhu and a sxk bb and the authentic is built way better in my opinion but maybe i am trying to sell myself on the bb cause they are bloody expensive and i need to justify the cost to myslef (and my wife)

to be honest if this one dies i wont get another one, price is just too high for me to justify it again. i'll grab a cthulhu again probably.

I don't use disposables but I have spoken to many people who do and the most common response is convenience. No need to change batteries, coils, refill juice, etc. etc. Pick up, vape, go. Apparently the flavours are also quite potent, so there's that. All I know is the nic is waaayyy too strong for me. Tried one I got for free once and coughed for almost 5 minutes.
you're braver than me, i wont even try vape that high nic!

My first one is this.

The Billet Box is really well-made but suffers from condensation and leaking boro which is a killer for the device. Why it is so overhyped I don't know. It's one of those devices you really want and you want a few colours and some special panels and half a dozen bridges to play with and then you grab your mod with a Dvarw on and use that most of the time!

I just got the Vision RBA from Umbrella Mods and it solves the biggest con of a BB and that's condensation. Just started with it and so far so good! The BB is also very pocket friendly!

I usually carry 3 setups everyday wherever I go. 2 good MTLs and 1 RDL and I like to rotate the flavours. I also tend to assign specific flavours to specific tanks so AIOs are not for me. They all look alike/vape alike. But I can undetermined people who like them.
The disposables on the other hand are in my opinion a bad drift of the pod trend we're going through. Convenice, you may say. Well money wise, it's not convenient at all when the price of 1 disposable is equal to the proce of a decent rechargeable 18650 battery that you can charge hundreds of times. So those who may quit thanks to the disposables, may do it with a simple pod device...

What's with all the hype about disposables?

In their current form, they are USELESS for the hobbyist because the nic is so damn high so most of us simply can't use them. If they made them with 2mg freebase I would buy a few because you can take them when you don't want to worry about damaging your vape setup.

the build quality is worlds apart. i have had a cthulhu and a sxk bb and the authentic is built way better in my opinion but maybe i am trying to sell myself on the bb cause they are bloody expensive and i need to justify the cost to myslef (and my wife)

to be honest if this one dies i wont get another one, price is just too high for me to justify it again. i'll grab a cthulhu again probably.
One thing - spares are available (but expensive!) so you can repair them from now until the DNA 60 and the appropriate screens are no longer available. I keep a spare screen following the last boro flood...

One thing - spares are available (but expensive!) so you can repair them from now until the DNA 60 and the appropriate screens are no longer available. I keep a spare screen following the last boro flood...
the bp mods pioneer so far has been the best bridge to help curb the condensation but like Rob said that umbrella mods sealed rba seems to be the answer so will wait to grab that.

otherwise i take my bb apart every night and give it a wipe and a clean which isnt the end of the world because i rewick everyday anyway so not a biggie.

I was anti-BB in the beginning, but then I got one and I changed my mind about it.

Having owned an Abyss, BB and Cthulhu (the ABC's of AIO's), the BB was by far the most versatile and on point with performance (DNA60). The Abyss is like setting up your Captain Cassian Andor rifle from Side-arm to sniper configuration.... the Cthulhu airflow is just in the wrong place for RDL/DL. The BB hits the sweetspot, sturdy, compact. And with the bridge/coil options (like any other boro compatible device) it is just about the same as having a mod with a bunch of RTA's.

There is just something about the feel of a BB that makes it different. I did outgrow mine (partially because of Covid cutting down on vaping, a lot.) but I dont regret ever getting it (nor passing it on to someone that is getting way more satisfaction out of it).

As for disposables, the only thing that makes sense is the math behind it: huge demand + wholesale vs retail = PROFIT!

It will be here one day and gone the next... like my hairline...

(silent prayer for those words to come true)
Disposables are not only here to stay unfortunately but are already causing most manufacturers to concentrate on them rather than hobbyist type devices. Just about every manufacturer are manufacturing disposables as a priority some shamelessly like Wotofo but some are setting up sister brands to almost hide the fact! Example got a marketing email from a manufacturer I had never heard of with loads of different disposable products it wasn't till I delved deeper I found out they were actually Aspire incognito!

Give it 3 years tops and all the mainstream (mainly Chinese brands) will only manufacture disposables so there will be 3 options disposables, High End Hobbyist where an RTA will be a minimum of $100 or clones of those high end products!

Disposables are not only here to stay unfortunately but are already causing most manufacturers to concentrate on them rather than hobbyist type devices. Just about every manufacturer are manufacturing disposables as a priority some shamelessly like Wotofo but some are setting up sister brands to almost hide the fact! Example got a marketing email from a manufacturer I had never heard of with loads of different disposable products it wasn't till I delved deeper I found out they were actually Aspire incognito!

Give it 3 years tops and all the mainstream (mainly Chinese brands) will only manufacture disposables so there will be 3 options disposables, High End Hobbyist where an RTA will be a minimum of $100 or clones of those high end products!
I want to dislike this due to the fact of the matter but don't want to taint your profile as it's not your fault. Sad reality at the moment.

I want to dislike this due to the fact of the matter but don't want to taint your profile as it's not your fault. Sad reality at the moment.
I would dislike it myself, I find it very depressing!

I get what everybody is saying. Disposables have a benefit when traveling or just somebody getting off smokes or just a convenient backup when you can't use your regular mod for whatever reason. A temporary solution.

But the marketing is going through the roof. Even DIY retailers are punting disposables. If you think about it, they will suffer the most when disposables are the only thing on the market as @Timwis mentioned.

And then we are not even getting to the waste. You think sigaret butts are a problem? What are we going to do with rechargeable devices being chucked all over the place. Vaping is suppose to be a cleaner, healthier way of nicotine consumption.

In my personal amateur opinion, disposables are a greater threat to vaping than clones are. At least in its current form.

rechargeable devices being chucked all over the place
I will be going into town tomorrow my normal route which is just a 10 minute walk and I can guarantee I will see at least a dozen tossed disposables!

I will be going into town tomorrow my normal route which is just a 10 minute walk and I can guarantee I will see at least a dozen tossed disposables!

My suggestion would be to pick them up and give them to an electronics DIY hobbyist. They can use the rechargeable battery in their projects.

IMO the use of rechargeable batteries in disposables is their greatest sin. A battery that is capable of well over 500 recharges is tossed away after only one charge. This is like replacing your cellphone battery every day because you find it easier than recharging it. If people are no longer capable of replacing a coil and juice and then recharging a pod device they need to take a long look at themselves.

If I was stranded on an island with a disposable pod user I would vote to eat him first. He would be of no use to the other survivors.

Back