What's so special about....?

I have just noticed that Vape King is advertising that they have the biggest range of disposables.

To their credit, they are selling the Aspire R1 as a disposable. This device can be refilled and recharged... and then chucked.

Aspire R1 Disposable Pod System - Refillable and Rechargable​

1656390546206.png

The blurb on the product goes on to say :

VAPE IT AND THROW IT AWAY​

Literally. You literally vape the Aspire R1 Disposable Pod Kit and once you reach around 5280 puffs, you just throw the whole thing away! So simple! Oh and don’t count the puffs. You’ll know when the R1 Pod Kit is ready to leave this world for vape heaven as you won’t be able to vape it anymore.

There is nothing wrong with disposable pods, as long as you use common sense

OOPS, shot myself in the foot there didn't I

There is nothing wrong with disposable pods, as long as you use common sense

OOPS, shot myself in the foot there didn't I
If there is one thing we learnt in the last 2 years, there is no such thing as common sense.

Next one...

Why are RDA's considered better than RTA's? Is it because there's a shorter distance from coils where liquid is heated to inhaling and thus better flavour or something?? RDA's are nice but I have never really gotten the wow factor from them compared to decent RTA's.

Next one...

Why are RDA's considered better than RTA's? Is it because there's a shorter distance from coils where liquid is heated to inhaling and thus better flavour or something?? RDA's are nice but I have never really gotten the wow factor from them compared to decent RTA's.

I agree here 100% and RDA's are a messy affair.

Next one...

Rtas Leak way too much for me I've tried a couple of them and everytime the juice comes out and over my mod who h I lost 3 of them due to juice inside
Then there is the glass that always break and battle to get them and if you can get an acrylic one from BV(which is not cheap BTW) there are also a chance of cracking it
I stick with my rdas the flavour is better, less of a juice mess. I you use a rda in squonk mode or drip and you got juice all over your mod and fingers and clothes then rda is not for you
Wicking needs to be OK on rda on a rta it needs to be perfect length etc etc
So no RDA thank you

En ja I've got about 13 Rdas and 2 rta which both of them is in the drawer because the siegfried glass broke and the gear is a piece of & @£# and just not gonna spend more money on it cause the o rings is also a bit kaka but and its big but the flavour is the best I ever had on a rta

My suggestion would be to pick them up and give them to an electronics DIY hobbyist. They can use the rechargeable battery in their projects.

IMO the use of rechargeable batteries in disposables is their greatest sin. A battery that is capable of well over 500 recharges is tossed away after only one charge. This is like replacing your cellphone battery every day because you find it easier than recharging it. If people are no longer capable of replacing a coil and juice and then recharging a pod device they need to take a long look at themselves.

If I was stranded on an island with a disposable pod user I would vote to eat him first. He would be of no use to the other survivors.
Probably be a tough bastard too

Next one...

I also agree 100%. I couldn't even grow on squonking. I find the flavour so much better with my top RTA'S.

I am on the fence, I am very happy with my daily RTA's mostly being the Intake solo's and Dvarw clones but I am also very partial to my RDA's. Loop 1.5, Tauren solo, Recurve dual, The Slatra and Kennedy Trickster all are really good vapes. I prefer squonking to dripping and the little Requiem kit is awesome.

I like to work clean no matter the job so a bit of juice does not bother me as it is cleaned up straight away.

As for flavour, my RTA's provide the all day vape and are consistent, the RDA's are for the flavours and testing. Two different vapes to me.

Great thread this.

Now with the next one I am expecting a flood of comments.

What's so special about DNA chipsets? I have a Lost Vape Thelema Solo with a Quest 2 chipset and when I press the button I get instant vapour production. What more do I need? Why would I want to pay R1000 or so extra for a mod with a DNA chipset?

Now with the next one I am expecting a flood of comments.

What's so special about DNA chipsets? I have a Lost Vape Thelema Solo with a Quest 2 chipset and when I press the button I get instant vapour production. What more do I need? Why would I want to pay R1000 or so extra for a mod with a DNA chipset?

Oooh... the DNA question (and let's throw YiHi in there for kicks and giggles)... and talking about VW devices only

Take a mainstream mod released 3 to 4 years ago (or even older), compared to a DNA/YiHi most of them will be miles apart on performance and accuracy (power and ohms). But the new chipsets these days are almost as close, as dammit being a swear word, on par with the "high end" chipsets.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I am spoiled with DNA and YiHi and after a few mods failed to match to their performance I just do window shopping with new devices and a bit wary to try something new. But recently I also obtained the new Quest V2 (Centaurs BF) and the performance on it is pretty darn good. So much so that I might consider getting another one (or another variation of the Lost Vape range). But using DNA devices consistently/exclusively it is difficult to use something else again.

The closest one on performance for a very long time was the DotMod range and Asmodus was not far off the bat there too.

If you can afford a DNA, go for it, you never have to question the performance. If you cannot, then there are a lot of other devices out there that would do the same job just peachy, or tobaccy, or icy, or desserty, depending on what juice you use...

That has settled the argument for me. NO DNA devices. I don't want to buy one and never be able to afford another and live in regret.

So I thought to create a general question thread for those who want to know what the hype is about certain vape items. It does not need to be high-end only. Mod, coils, juice, atomiser, you name it, ask and ye shall be answered. Hopefully.
@Moderators - if such a thread already exists (I could not find it), please incorporate there

My first one is this.

What's so special about a Billet Box??

great thread @ivc_mixer
allow me to answer on the Billet Box

For me, it’s mainly the shape. It’s compact yet very comfortable. Position of the firing button is lovely (in the middle)
I also like how easy it is to refill. Slide the boro glass down a bit then fill then close.
compact device that fits much nicer in a pocket than a mod with tank on top
Flavour on my Exocet is top notch. Restricted lung draw.
if set up properly it’s very reliable I have found

the drawback for me is the Schlepp to pitstop. It’s quite intricate and involves a few extra steps
and my billet box drains my battery if not in use. So if I leave it for a day or two unused, battery goes flat
for that reason I don’t use it much anymore - but I used it a heck of a lot in the past

I mostly vape Mtl rtas I have one Dna 60 mod and a a few other sbs mods from didn’t manufacturers at the low wattages I use I don’t notice anything better with the dna chip so won’t buy one again

Back