Which BF RDA do you choose?

Sold it today.
Its more aimed at Restrictes lung hits and i prefer DL.
Ol16 is my suggested atty then but I think they have stopped producing them.
I have tried 22mm atties on reos but never enjoyed them.
I have only enjoyed 16mm atties on single 18650 mods.
I find I need a denser/warmer vape and throwing any fancy build in an atty has too slow ramp up.
The 16mm atties can use plain wire and still produce a lovely warm vape instantly.

Ol16 is my suggested atty then but I think they have stopped producing them.
I have tried 22mm atties on reos but never enjoyed them.
I have only enjoyed 16mm atties on single 18650 mods.
I find I need a denser/warmer vape and throwing any fancy build in an atty has too slow ramp up.
The 16mm atties can use plain wire and still produce a lovely warm vape instantly.

So if i understand correctly if im hunting for flavour and if im gonna run a 22mm atty it best be single coil fancy build or alternatively a smaller atty that can take plain round/flat wire but in dual coil?

So if i understand correctly if im hunting for flavour and if im gonna run a 22mm atty it best be single coil fancy build or alternatively a smaller atty that can take plain round/flat wire but in dual coil?
Potentially yes.
Depends on how you like your vape.
If you like it warm then yes.
Keep in mind this is my opinion and you may not enjoy.
You want more airflow and in my mind more airflow means a cooler vape so you will need more heat from your coils. 22mm means some big builds or perhaps 24 awg duals etc.
I use 26 awg duals in an OL16 and am very happy.

I use 28g duals in my OL16 on the widest airflow
It produces a lovely crisp vape. Flavour is very good
Its quite a restricted lung hit even wide open
Coolish, not too warm
I love it with the fruity menthols

I use 28g duals in my OL16 on the widest airflow
It produces a lovely crisp vape. Flavour is very good
Its quite a restricted lung hit even wide open
Coolish, not too warm
I love it with the fruity menthols
If you build the coils high up in line with the posts and make the wick really short you can see from one air hole to the other with the cap on. This for me increases the airflow significantly and also enhances the flavour. Just be careful not to position the coils too high to avoid a short or a melted drip tip.

If you build the coils high up in line with the posts and make the wick really short you can see from one air hole to the other with the cap on. This for me increases the airflow significantly and also enhances the flavour. Just be careful not to position the coils too high to avoid a short or a melted drip tip.

Thanks @Christos - will try build higher to see what its like - but i like it how it is
Am keen on the flavour enhancement but am happy with the airflow of my current setup

Another thing i battle with certain RDA or tank is they dont go well with my dessert juices.
I can get basically all RDA to produce great flavour for menthol and tobacco profiles but sometimes battle with desserts (muted flavour)
Also one reason the snappy didnt cut it for me.

I know the Hellfire Havoc is as rare as rocking horse crap but it just has to be mentioned in this thread because getting one has allowed me to use my P67 again... the top air flow makes it leak proof from over squonking which is an issue I suffer and one of the reasons my squonkers took a back seat. The build is a little finicky (for me anyway) and a dual coil which I normally don't like but a dual 26g build came out at 0.4Ω and the flavour and clouds are excellent.
Havoc 014.JPG

I know the Hellfire Havoc is as rare as rocking horse crap but it just has to be mentioned in this thread because getting one has allowed me to use my P67 again... the top air flow makes it leak proof from over squonking which is an issue I suffer and one of the reasons my squonkers took a back seat. The build is a little finicky (for me anyway) and a dual coil which I normally don't like but a dual 26g build came out at 0.4Ω and the flavour and clouds are excellent.
View attachment 94448

Now why do you have to tease me with that Uncle Rob :-D looks good on the P67. Im glad to see you pulled that beauty out of retirement.

@Christos, at the moment I have a 22mm Odis on my SVA mod. Flavour is excellent, oversquonking can be a problem, for me anyway. I think the 16mm Odis will surely be a winner on a Reo. The OL16 surely is a winner, I still prefer my 1.5mm dual Ni80 coils in it........super fast ramp up time. I must say the 22-24mm atty's works perfectly on my 26650 squonker, there I vape with lekker dual 3mm coils, and I also enjoy faster ramp up times.

@Rob Fisher, that setup you got there on your P67 surely is just perfect. This week was a sad one for me for selling on off my P67's, but I am sure @Huffapuff will look after her and enjoy every moment. My reason for selling is, every day I sit with one of my Grands in my hand. I think I am addicted to a Reo Grand and a OL16. The next group buy from Reosmods I am definitely going to get myself another Reo Grand.

Another thing i battle with certain RDA or tank is they dont go well with my dessert juices.
I can get basically all RDA to produce great flavour for menthol and tobacco profiles but sometimes battle with desserts (muted flavour)
Also one reason the snappy didnt cut it for me.
I vape 99% desert style ;)

Thanks @Christos - will try build higher to see what its like - but i like it how it is
Am keen on the flavour enhancement but am happy with the airflow of my current setup
You can always adjust the airflow rings for less air!

@Christos, at the moment I have a 22mm Odis on my SVA mod. Flavour is excellent, oversquonking can be a problem, for me anyway. I think the 16mm Odis will surely be a winner on a Reo. The OL16 surely is a winner, I still prefer my 1.5mm dual Ni80 coils in it........super fast ramp up time. I must say the 22-24mm atty's works perfectly on my 26650 squonker, there I vape with lekker dual 3mm coils, and I also enjoy faster ramp up times.
I have always found 22mm atties to be nor as flavourful without a big build.

@Rob Fisher, that setup you got there on your P67 surely is just perfect. This week was a sad one for me for selling on off my P67's, but I am sure @Huffapuff will look after her and enjoy every moment. My reason for selling is, every day I sit with one of my Grands in my hand. I think I am addicted to a Reo Grand and a OL16. The next group buy from Reosmods I am definitely going to get myself another Reo Grand.

I can identify with the love of the Grand... when I was mainly on Tropical Ice the Grand and Divo setup was my go to rig and it's probably the rig I have used most in my journey... the one atty I never could get to work was the OL16 and I bought 3 of them over time and ended up selling them each time because they didn't work for me... but I suspect that I should maybe try it again now that I'm on XXX. With all you guys singing the praises of the OL16 it drove me crazy that it never worked for me... :confused:

Just confirming what others have said

Ol16 : dual 26 ni80 2.5mm 8 or 9 wrap
Hadaly : parallel 26 ni80 3mm 5 wrap

This has produced some of the most crisp, clean flavorful vape i have experienced, coming from fused Claptons, single/parallel builds offer a different experience, so responsive and crisp!! (think i finally understand what @Silver is always going on about, fancy wire feels dull & sluggish in comparison)

I feel its worth mentioning, i use 5 - 6mg in these set ups. Both atties on Leppies

Now why do you have to tease me with that Uncle Rob :-D looks good on the P67. Im glad to see you pulled that beauty out of retirement.

Good alternative and virtually leak proof is the Geekvape/Digiflavor Lynx RDA , flew under the radar so very underrated I think.

Will try get one soon and test it out ..... sure you can BF it as well ...

Caught this thread a bit late but not very experienced with squonking so I have also been trying stuff out.

I recently bought an Odis clone and a Mark Bugs Charm clone, both from Gearbest, and the quality is exceptional. I have had bad experiences with clones as well but I think a branded clone is safer. These were so cheap and it is the ideal way to test the atty before buying an authentic.

Still using the clone of it but the Mark Bugs Charm is one of the best attys I have ever used.

I wouldn't get a Goon for a Grand. Overall favourite for flavor, vapour, air flow and ease of use is the OL16. Get a cloud cap too. I prefer using fancy coils in regular drippers so I don't mind the small form factor. If you consider a Petri for bf, I would strongly suggest the SS version because it's taller and suits the bf setup well.

There is one good clone of every rda, so get one of each and get a feel for it before diving in. Or go for a weekend to Rob's place and try whatever you can in that short time.

Caught this thread a bit late but not very experienced with squonking so I have also been trying stuff out.

I recently bought an Odis clone and a Mark Bugs Charm clone, both from Gearbest, and the quality is exceptional. I have had bad experiences with clones as well but I think a branded clone is safer. These were so cheap and it is the ideal way to test the atty before buying an authentic.

Still using the clone of it but the Mark Bugs Charm is one of the best attys I have ever used.

I wouldn't get a Goon for a Grand. Overall favourite for flavor, vapour, air flow and ease of use is the OL16. Get a cloud cap too. I prefer using fancy coils in regular drippers so I don't mind the small form factor. If you consider a Petri for bf, I would strongly suggest the SS version because it's taller and suits the bf setup well.

There is one good clone of every rda, so get one of each and get a feel for it before diving in. Or go for a weekend to Rob's place and try whatever you can in that short time.
That Charm sounds great. Do you have a link from where you bought it please @M5000? Could not find it on the Gearbest site.

My progression over the soon to be three years of preferring BF RDA's over all other atty types has been a wide one with lots of pitfalls. I have a hellofalotof authentic squonk RDA's, and a few clones. They vary from over hyped junk to total fails, to sort of OK maybe's to good enough for the time being, and to those that shined bright then and would still shine bright now... for my uses. My uses means with fluid dynamics I can build to for my DIY's to my personal taste in them, with at least enough air available for restricted DLH's to wide open air (or that I can alter/drill out to get it). The progression of my builds was also a part of the journey that had a huge effect on the outcome. Some single but mostly dual coils from high sub ohm 2.5mm early on to super sub ohm 3.0, 3,5, 4.0 now, and back and forth using and not using "fancy" coils. And tweaking a DIY for a specific atty also plays a part.

Some of those that are were my brightest stars... RM2, IGO-S, 2013 Cyclone, Nuppin', O-16, GP Dripper Pro, Kryten. My Hadaly's drilled out might also be included if they could squonk my VG/VG Heavy joose better. An OK runner up is the Goon LP (would love a BF CSMNT more). And there is the possibility of a new star rising on the horizon. At present the Kryten's are getting the most use. I'm tired of the vaping clutter though, so which atty's I am deciding whether to keep or not will determine which mods I will also keep.

Only one.....more atty I am going to get and that is the Odis 16mm for my Reo Grand's and Mini's. So far the Odis is better than the Hadaly in my opinion for a single coil atty. Back to the Kryten, I start to use mine on a more regular basis @Spydro. But, still my best atty is my Snapdragon 1.5

@Andre here is the link which I got from my order history but it says out of stock!

Back