Which BF RDA do you choose?

Clouds4Days

For the love of the cloud
LV

Awards
Hi peeps so been getting in some squonking and while on this Journey it has sometimes been overwhelming on which is the best RDA to choose for your type of vaping style and for your Mod.

There are alot of RDA these days that come out with a extra 510 pin already drilled out for a squonk mod and some are so happy with their existing RDA that they get them BF (bottom fed) for a squonk mod.

So i have created this thread for everyone to share their stories and opinions on what they think is a Great BF RDA and also please do share what you think is the worst bf RDA.

Please also share what Mod you run this RDA on and also the build that you use in the RDA.

Lets use a scoring system if possible as follows:

Flavour: x/10
Ease of build: x/10
Build quality: x/10

(Debates might spark as whats good for one but might not be good for the next person so lets please keep an open mind)

Last edited:
Off the bat like i stated im still new to squonking and honestly i have only tried 1 bottom fed RDA on a non bf mod, that was a sxk oddis atty clone.

I used kanthal alien wire shots, a 2.4mm i.d and 4 wraps (single coil) vaping at 30watts
I have not tried authentic Oddis yet but this clone gives really good flavour.

It has restrictive lung hit packed with flavour.
The only issue i had was building on her was a bit tricky cause the clamp posts are real tight and didnt wanna open for me to put my coil in.

I had to remove the whole clamp and screw to put the coil in.

So scoring is as follows:

Sxk Oddis Atty Clone

Flavour: 8/10
Ease of build: 5/10
Build quailty: 6.5/10

Last edited:
My favorites (i dl only)

Petri v2 converted flavour 9/10 ease to build 7/10 build quality 10/10

Hadaly flavour 8/10 ease to build 10/10 build quality 9/10

Note once I get a goon bf pin it will be 10s all round

And what type of builds do you use in the Petri and Hadaly.

Unfortunately there are so many vaping styles and preferences.

I like atty's based on a few things namely:
1. Flavour
2. Restricted lung hits/airflow configurarion
3. Temperature of the vape
4. Heat dissipation
5. Over squonk resilient
6. Minimal leaking after squonking
7. Ease of build

I think @Spydro hits the nail on the head when he says we are comparing apples to oranges.

That being said the cyclone with afc cap was perfect for me with most of those poit's listed above. I own 5 cyclones but none of them are in use as I'm using OL16's.

I prefer the airflow from the ol16s and also oversquonking is more difficult to get right. The overall options I can chose from are perfect.

To paraphrase @Spydro again, every flavour and every juice needs a custom build to get the most of what you want out and it takes time to play with builds etc until you are happy.

My recommendation is a single coil setup on a single 18650 mod or a microbuild dual coil like 26AWG 2.5mm ID Ni80 coming in at .4 to .5 ohms on something with a small chamber like a Ol16 or cyclone.

Unfortunately there are so many vaping styles and preferences.

I like atty's based on a few things namely:
1. Flavour
2. Restricted lung hits/airflow configurarion
3. Temperature of the vape
4. Heat dissipation
5. Over squonk resilient
6. Minimal leaking after squonking
7. Ease of build

I think @Spydro hits the nail on the head when he says we are comparing apples to oranges.

That being said the cyclone with afc cap was perfect for me with most of those poit's listed above. I own 5 cyclones but none of them are in use as I'm using OL16's.

I prefer the airflow from the ol16s and also oversquonking is more difficult to get right. The overall options I can chose from are perfect.

To paraphrase @Spydro again, every flavour and every juice needs a custom build to get the most of what you want out and it takes time to play with builds etc until you are happy.

My recommendation is a single coil setup on a single 18650 mod or a microbuild dual coil like 26AWG 2.5mm ID Ni80 coming in at .4 to .5 ohms on something with a small chamber like a Ol16 or cyclone.

Truer words cannot be spoken than your first sentence @Christos. We are ALL unto our own personal style and preferences to get our own "best" personal vapes.

Since I am a long DLH flavor chaser vaper that likes intense flavors, substantial air but not a hot vape, don't use nicotine in my DIY's... what I like best will differ from what most folks like.

For example I love my 2013 Cyclones because they are drilled out for my DLH's and give exceptional flavor. Same with the 4 O-16's, but their draw wide open is restrictive for my style. All the Chalice's I have are way more restrictive, so I had to slip stream their DT's to use them at all. Love the Nuppin's, now the Hadaly's and Kryten's. On the other end some atty's have way too much air and poor fluid dynamics that compromises the flavor that is my main goal in vaping.

Learning how to get what you want with each different juice in each different atty gets way easier over time to the point that I can guess very close with any of my DIY's in first builds in new to me atty's. The good news is that learning curve gets easier over time, but you have to learn it yourself by doing it yourself to get your own best personal vapes. In part why I don't use the build recommendations or recipes of others, and I don't recommend builds or recipes to other folks.

Was using the Cyclone for quite some time , and it's still a great little atty but the OL16 has it trumped on flavour as has the Hadaly.
I'm not going into the whole debate again about clones vs authentic so Trolls can go back to their bridges :)

Depending on your vape style see below :

RM2 (MTL) - this is still the yardstick for me
Flavour: 10/10
Ease of build: 9/10
Build quality: 10/10

Cyclone with AFC (RLH/MTL)

Now some might frown upon this , but I have a few clones.....

SXK Hadaly Clone (RLH) (best clone out there)
Ease of build: 10/10
Build quality: 7/10 (VERY stiff topcap , swapping o-rings fixes it , very sharp edges)

OL16 Clone (RLH)
Ease of build: 7/10 (screws are USELESS , battling on dual coil builds)
Build quality: 7/10 (also very tight on the topcap)

Velocity Style V3 (DL)
Flavour: 7/10
Build quality: 7/10 (again screws are k@k , rest is sub par)

Truer words cannot be spoken than your first sentence @Christos. We are ALL unto our own personal style and preferences to get our own "best" personal vapes.

Since I am a long DLH flavor chaser vaper that likes intense flavors, substantial air but not a hot vape, don't use nicotine in my DIY's... what I like best will differ from what most folks like.

For example I love my 2013 Cyclones because they are drilled out for my DLH's and give exceptional flavor. Same with the 4 O-16's, but their draw wide open is restrictive for my style. All the Chalice's I have are way more restrictive, so I had to slip stream their DT's to use them at all. Love the Nuppin's, now the Hadaly's and Kryten's. On the other end some atty's have way too much air and poor fluid dynamics that compromises the flavor that is my main goal in vaping.

Learning how to get what you want with each different juice in each different atty gets way easier over time to the point that I can guess very close with any of my DIY's in first builds in new to me atty's. The good news is that learning curve gets easier over time, but you have to learn it yourself by doing it yourself to get your own best personal vapes. In part why I don't use the build recommendations or recipes of others, and I don't recommend builds or recipes to other folks.

Very insightful.

Let me rather then say my build recommendations are focused more on battery safety than personal preference.

I know diffrent build work for diffrent juice etc and there are many variations which come into play... But this thread is purely to see which bf RDA people rate over other bf RDA.

Basically to assist someone new and also someone looking for a new bf RDA.
These inputs basically serves as a "mini review" , after all everyone reads and watches reviews before any purchase.

If I had to pick one it would be the RM2.
Stock,its a great MTL atty,experiment by drilling it out and change it entirely.
Theres zero issues with o rings and leaks given that the top cap screws on.The deck is ceramic and shaped so that it drains quickly and properly,leaving no juice floating around.
Its not expensive and it keeps on working.

Goon 22 with bf pin

Ease of build: 10/10

got a 7 wrap alien wire build in the goon running at 55w on my Therion BF and its chucking

If I had to pick one it would be the RM2.
Stock,its a great MTL atty,experiment by drilling it out and change it entirely.
Theres zero issues with o rings and leaks given that the top cap screws on.The deck is ceramic and shaped so that it drains quickly and properly,leaving no juice floating around.
Its not expensive and it keeps on working.

i have a stock Rm2 laying around dont use it much as its a MTL atty. what size should i drill the airhole for lung hits ?

i have a stock Rm2 laying around dont use it much as its a MTL atty. what size should i drill the airhole for lung hits ?

My favourite has the stock air hole and opposite that I have drilled a 3mm hole.
I made a stupid mistake when I did it,not noticing that the cap already had two holes and TBH I should have drilled out the one sitting nearest the coil! I have tried putting an o ring around the threads to sort this out but its just fine with the larger hole sitting on the other 'side' of the atty.
If I was you I'd try just enlarging the existing hole to maybe 2mm and work up from there until you get what you like.

The worst RDA i have ever owned (it was not a bf rda though) is the infinite clt v4.
What a piece of crap, it leaked no matter what you did.

download-6.jpg

Flavour: 6/10
Build quality: 2/10

Hey @Clouds4Days, is this for your leprechaun?(i Could be mistaken, i believe you are getting one on your bday?) Iv been playing with 24 and 26 gauge ni80 in the hadaly . 6 wrap parallel 26 3.5id was a little cool, then removed a wrap and was running a little hot (should be great if Claptoned, will try soon) settled for a 5.5 wrap, seems to be the sweet spot 1487324126129-1137298725.jpg
Good luck

Hey @Clouds4Days, is this for your leprechaun?(i Could be mistaken, i believe you are getting one on your bday?) Iv been playing with 24 and 26 gauge ni80 in the hadaly . 6 wrap parallel 26 3.5id was a little cool, then removed a wrap and was running a little hot (should be great if Claptoned, will try soon) settled for a 5.5 wrap, seems to be the sweet spot View attachment 85255
Good luck

Hey bud, the Leprechaun is sorted shes gonna get a Hadaly ontop of her (yip for my b-day)
But now im looking for something to sit ontop of a Reo :-D
I havent even recieved one mod yet and already got another on the way :-D

Hey bud, the Leprechaun is sorted shes gonna get a Hadaly ontop of her (yip for my b-day)
But now im looking for something to sit ontop of a Reo :-D
I havent even recieved one mod yet and already got another on the way :-D

OL16 FTW .....

Very insightful.

Let me rather then say my build recommendations are focused more on battery safety than personal preference.

All of my builds are also based on battery safety AND for the best flavor together. I only use the best batts available, but I don't push them above a reasonably wide safety margin of their true CDR.

From the day I started squonking, I searched for the perfect BF Atty:

This is in my collection and all authentic and based on my findings:

1. OL16

Ease of Build: 7/10
Build quality: 9/10

2. Radius

Ease of Build: 8/10

3. Cyclone

Build quality 6/10

4. Thump

Build quality: 8/10

5. Hadaly

6. Odis (O-Atty)

Flavour: 9/10
Ease of Build: 6/10

7. Snapdragon V1.5 (Snappy)

Ease of Build: 7/10

8. Reomizer 2 (RM2)

Ease of Build: 9/10

9. Nuppin V2

Ease of Build: 6/10

My conclusion: The Snappy won hands down. For a 22mm atty and English craftsmanship, the best. The RM2 is a great contender if you prefer MTL, but not my nice place to vape.

The OL16 is a true workhorse, no oversquonking issues and in daily use.

I hope you guys find this helpfull.

Last edited:
Back