Why Do You Vape?

I love vapeking because it feels so good and when I see some one vape I always smile. A bit difficult to explain feels like u part of a big family even at the last vape meet every one was so chilled and friendly no matter what walk of life u from

I had to go for a triple bypass heart op. The doc said stop smoking immediately. I have been a heavy smoker +-40 per day p/stuy red packs.
Got me one of the very early Twisps in a cool aluminium with prefilled cartos. This was so tasty and with the pressure on to stop analogs I gave up immediately. Some two years later I started on analogs again. I think I got pretty much "gatvol" with the flavours and inconsistent vaping (era 510, cotton wool I think and 510 atties).
So here I am two years later and I see VV/VW, Mechs, Mods and a new world opened up for me. I started vaping again in June 2014 and I am going as strong as a dragon!!! I have RBA's RDA's VV/WW and I am enjoying them. I just need to find the best juices on the market and my my tongue should be longer than a dragons tongue :)

I am now 17, I started smoking when I was 14, because i wanted to be "that cool kid" and after 2-3 years i thought i want to get rid of cigies, cause it is to strong in the morning and very expensive for me as i smoked every month about R700, i dropped out of high school and went into college to study to be a chef as it is my dream to be a chef and then i started smoking about R1000 per month, started drinking like a alcoholic, smoking alot of weed daily ect. And then i just stopped with all that crap, got my shit together and started to focus on my studies and grow up fast. I have to say that i have only quit smoking for good on 1st of September 2014 and I can say that i don't miss it at all, since now that i vape. I don't cough in the morning anymore and the vape is really smooth. In my family i convinced my mom, dad and grandmother to start vaping and they all have a Twisp now. So yeah that is my story and my reason to why i vape. Hope you guys like it.♦

Started to stop smoking, then turned into a hobby and now it's ruining me financially :mad:

I had to go for a triple bypass heart op. The doc said stop smoking immediately. I have been a heavy smoker +-40 per day p/stuy red packs.
Got me one of the very early Twisps in a cool aluminium with prefilled cartos. This was so tasty and with the pressure on to stop analogs I gave up immediately. Some two years later I started on analogs again. I think I got pretty much "gatvol" with the flavours and inconsistent vaping (era 510, cotton wool I think and 510 atties).
So here I am two years later and I see VV/VW, Mechs, Mods and a new world opened up for me. I started vaping again in June 2014 and I am going as strong as a dragon!!! I have RBA's RDA's VV/WW and I am enjoying them. I just need to find the best juices on the market and my my tongue should be longer than a dragons tongue :)

Congrats on "re-discovering" vaping @GadgetFreak
Awesome
The juice scene is picking up indeed. Increased choice now and some really great juices starting to become available.

I am now 17, I started smoking when I was 14, because i wanted to be "that cool kid" and after 2-3 years i thought i want to get rid of cigies, cause it is to strong in the morning and very expensive for me as i smoked every month about R700, i dropped out of high school and went into college to study to be a chef as it is my dream to be a chef and then i started smoking about R1000 per month, started drinking like a alcoholic, smoking alot of weed daily ect. And then i just stopped with all that crap, got my shit together and started to focus on my studies and grow up fast. I have to say that i have only quit smoking for good on 1st of September 2014 and I can say that i don't miss it at all, since now that i vape. I don't cough in the morning anymore and the vape is really smooth. In my family i convinced my mom, dad and grandmother to start vaping and they all have a Twisp now. So yeah that is my story and my reason to why i vape. Hope you guys like it.♦

Congrats @Mattj4l/Vapor on getting your "shit together".
All the best with your studies and may you achieve lots in years to come!

I love smoking, I did when I was still on stinkies and I still do today while vaping

I actually grew to despise smoking. I definitely enjoyed it for say the first decade or so. But I wasn't enjoying a cigarette for the longest time.

The great thing about vaping, is if you not enjoying it, you need an upgrade or different juice :)

I'm probably going to be the exception that proves the rule:

I was a "social smoker" at worst and a non smoker at best.

Recently (about the beginning of 2014) I started looking into pipe and cigar smoking. Particularly pipe smoking.

This appealed to me on various levels, especially the "tradition" factor and the routine of preparing the pipe, rolling the tobacco, lighting, stamping etc.

It also felt, to me at least, that I was connecting with a bye gone era - with the great men of the past.

So clearly I wanted to do it as a hobby, not to get a fix. (In my mind: sitting at the end of a long, successful day, ready a book, drinking your favourite whisky or brandy, having a pipe/cigar)

But of course, the health concerns...concerned me.

Then I stumbled upon vaping.

About 6 months ago.

And I have also found the routine of preparing the atomiser, steeping the juice, preparing the mod (if applicable) and so forth.

So I can have all the routine of pipe smoking without all the nasties.

...and I can still enjoy my favourite vape with my Chivas/Johnny etc. :D

Started vaping to get off stinkies with a plan of eventually getting of nicotine slowly. Now Im in love with vaping and will probably be vaping till the day i die :-D

and strangely enough, I prefer the taste of ejuice with nicotine over the non nicotine juices, so I'll probably be using nicotine for so time to come:rock:

I bought an iTaste CLK 1280 and Nautilus mini to get my other half off the stinkies (I never had a problem when it came to smoking, could stop whenever I wanted too)...then I tried it and fell in love!!

You can call it love at first Vape :)

I loved hubbly as a teenager and when i found out how bad it was for your health i stopped.

So this was just an awesome way to get the best of both worlds and it became my hobby and secret life :mask:

I will be a Vapor for life!

I started to get off stinkies.
Then it turned into a hobby and started to cost me way more than stinkies.
I'm kind of settling down now with it and it's getting cheaper.
My nic level is way down as well and will eventually be 0.
Then I'll stop vaping. Goal reached. :)

I vape because I can :p

Seriously; wife quit smoking round 16 years ago and then the nagging started. Beginning of last year I made a decision to try. Beyond my wildest expectations I'm still vaping. Started with 36mg nic, currenty down to below 10mg as I dilute all my 12mg ejuice due to improved taste buds.

I started this to stop rolling my cigarettes -> then it continued to keep producing clouds :D Because my vape can create more than any drags off a hubbly -the sold smoke machine device. This interest became a hobby too, and within a month I was using the kangertech subohm with a 30w device - vaping between 8/12 watts - The building of coils to always produce something that is going to be constantly used is also very fulfilling to me ... The intricacy of wicking the coils too became an obsession. Vaping is a wholesome activity. It fills your lungs, it keeps you out of trouble. Makes you the center of cloud production. it's a miracle to me. That's why I vape. Oh and it rhymes with Cape :D TOWN D

I vape so I am able to breathe. My previous stretch was for 7months, then my life got turned upside down and I went back to stinkies. In the 9 months that I was smoking I was back on 2 packs a day, chest closing up and using an asthma inhaler every night to open my chest up so I could sleep, sometimes even sitting up to sleep and not cough myself awake every night. I had sold/given away all my vaping stuff in that time... So to start up again was going to be a costly affair and then one day it just hit me again, one of my friends kept bringing his ecig over to the house and I kept trying it out, coughing my lungs out each time, but it just felt right, so I decided to treat myself for my birthday again (just like with the Reo haha) and went in search of the perfect setup that could help me through the starting phase and then be enough of a kick for me when I was back into it properly again. I got into contact with Kieran at Vape Cartel and he suggested my Subox. I haven't looked back again. My chest has opened up again, my taste has returned and I am happily drifting away on a vape cloud, it's almost been 5 months now and I could kick my butt for falling off the wagon, I could have been on nearing in on my 2 years smoke free... but I guess the important thing is that I started all over again and didn't just continue smoking...

I Vape because for me it is an easier alternative to hubbly, cheaper no.

For 1 30ml flavour I can get a carton of hubbly flavours.

I do however have a Yehia El khawanky hubbly which the airflow is the same as a fishbone.

I switch between both.
Maybe one day I will only Vape....

I vape so I am able to breathe. My previous stretch was for 7months, then my life got turned upside down and I went back to stinkies. In the 9 months that I was smoking I was back on 2 packs a day, chest closing up and using an asthma inhaler every night to open my chest up so I could sleep, sometimes even sitting up to sleep and not cough myself awake every night. I had sold/given away all my vaping stuff in that time... So to start up again was going to be a costly affair and then one day it just hit me again, one of my friends kept bringing his ecig over to the house and I kept trying it out, coughing my lungs out each time, but it just felt right, so I decided to treat myself for my birthday again (just like with the Reo haha) and went in search of the perfect setup that could help me through the starting phase and then be enough of a kick for me when I was back into it properly again. I got into contact with Kieran at Vape Cartel and he suggested my Subox. I haven't looked back again. My chest has opened up again, my taste has returned and I am happily drifting away on a vape cloud, it's almost been 5 months now and I could kick my butt for falling off the wagon, I could have been on nearing in on my 2 years smoke free... but I guess the important thing is that I started all over again and didn't just continue smoking...

Well done for getting back on the vape train @Metal Liz
Wishing you all the best from here on

I started to stay out of hospital.
The last 2years I have been in hospital 20times.
I was admitted about 7times due to stomach ulcers because of pain tablets and smoking which aggravated alot. The pain tablets I used for chronic headaches which turned out to be Idiopathic intercranial hypertension, had a shunt put in and headaches was almost completely gone. But I just couldn't put those smokes down.
So I am happy to say that since I started vaping I have not been admitted to hospital once....for something related to smoking atleast lol

I started off with a Twisp a few months back, was a impulsive purchase. Thought ill give it a try. A week later i realized i'm off the stinkies and prefer my Twisp above analogs.

From there it went all down hill, more juices, more gear... The whole tech thing grabbed a hold of me ;-)

Decided to make the switch when I found my monthly cig bill hitting the 2k mark

Started on the Twisp & immediately felt the health benefits from easing up on smokes.

Best part , I was saving butt load of cash...........then I stumbled onto this bloody place & the savings went out the door:D

I tried to stop the stinkies when my baby boy was born... didn't quite get it right until I was given the vaping alternative and well never looked back
Clean home no ashtrays and stink free and I can stealth vape inside and not worry about intoxicating my family with deadly smoke n chemicals been expensive but hey any hobby is.

Back