Why is everyone selling their ROLO's

Some say they are big and clunky, I don't disagree :p

I think people sell them just to get something new. But mine at the moment is ireplaceable. At the end of the day to me it's pointless replacing a mod for another when you sitting with one of the Kings of mods.
Aaannnddd..... you not suppose to carry a rolo around.
A rolo is for when a king comes home he can sit with his king of mods and feel like a champion holding his trophy ☺

I think people sell them just to get something new. But mine at the moment is ireplaceable. At the end of the day to me it's pointless replacing a mod for another when you sitting with one of the Kings of mods.
A rolo is for when a king comes home he can sit with his king of mods and feel like a champion holding his trophy ☺

Also great for building up those biceps:/

My assumptions:

1. Not pocket friendly
2. With great power comes great responsibility... maybe such high wattage/voltage is not required
3. Internal charging mechanism sucks (takes forever to charge), and requires a 4 bay charger instead of 2 bay.
4. Heaviness because of 3 X 18650's

They all knew all of that before they bought them :)

I carry my Rolo with me. When I need two hands to do something, I put it in my pocket. Sure, it's a bit bulky in the pocket, but that has it's advantages as well :p

Not to annoy anyone. But am i the only one that thinks it doesnt look that nice? I hear some guys think it does. Im not sure if thats subjective or just cause they have one they like it

So it has no screen so i take it that its a mech mod? Im a noob as have never owned one. WHat does it mean? Does it mean if i build a coil. and my mod will fire it at 3.7v always and that will be my wattage all day everyday with that coil?

It's a "series" mod meaning you put the batteries in with positive posts in opposite directions. Most twin battery mechs fire in parellel so they achieve the same voltage as a single battery but with twice the mah. The Cricket does the opposite. You're hitting around 200 watts on a full charge and because science, you can't build your RDAs too low. In my review I advised building above .5 (.7 or .8 is gold for me). GrimmGreen does a stellar job of explaining the why and how.

I LOVE mine. But because I don't want you to have any remorse, I wouldn't recommend it for your first mech. Vapeking sells a squonker for dirt cheap that has a much smaller learning curve.

One of the things I really like is that no matter how fat the tank is, it fits... Apart from that mad temple rta you need a brick for that bad boy

fd46ed568f6ae6825bf81baac232d506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ag in all seriousness, I'm a gentle cat, so I Vape at 40w.

If I was to get a 3 battery mod, it would be for battery life. And I don't mind carrying 1 battery... In case I'm not home for 12 hours.

If you need the extra power for your Vape style, then so be it.

I do however get jealous when I hear how long my friend gets with his dual battery IPV before needing a charge

Ag in all seriousness, I'm a gentle cat, so I Vape at 40w.

If I was to get a 3 battery mod, it would be for battery life. And I don't mind carrying 1 battery... In case I'm not home for 12 hours.

If you need the extra power for your Vape style, then so be it.

I do however get jealous when I hear how long my friend gets with his dual battery IPV before needing a charge

Have to agree with Rogue zombie here, that's exactly why I got my rolo, it was all about not having to worry about charging or changing batteries all the time.

Last edited:
Me thinks they saw "200 whole watts " + "temp control" and just had to get it , only to realise its over kill.

Im never parting with mine. Can barely vape over 80w without coughing up my lungs but love the fact that this baby will handle whatever build I throw at it

Have to agree with Rob here, that's exactly why I got my rolo, it was all about not having to worry about charging or changing batteries all the time.

Ya I know... It must be nice not having to worry so much about battery life.

But still, two battery mods do the job nicely for a junior vapour'er like me.

One of the things I really like is that no matter how fat the tank is, it fits... Apart from that mad temple rta you need a brick for that bad boy

fd46ed568f6ae6825bf81baac232d506.jpg

I recently got a Temple RDA and to say the least, it's overkill. The most closed off position of the airflow is still too much airflow for me and I like airy draws. It will prob be a killer in cloud comps, but not for everyday vaping. Will also get the Temple mini soon to test that out. It's 24mm.

To get to the original point of the thread, I think one of the reasons people are selling their RX200s is because its not so new anymore. It's like console gaming: you get the guys who want to build a collection of games and you get the guys who trade in for the next one. It's usually a matter of finance -- and not everybody can afford to keep a large collection of box mods without at least selling a few of them. I mean, what has been released in SA since the RX200 came out? ... The Stentorian Chieftain? Twisted Messes 150? The Cuboid? SMY SDNA200? The Vapor Shark? A whole family of AUTHENTIC Vapor Flasks?

It's an exciting time to be a vaper and okes are needing that cash-money to stay current. Myself? I will never sell my RX200 because it has options and it's despite being a 200w mod, it's small enough to be a daily driver. It will probably retire my IPV D2, IPV 4S, and my XCUBE II but I won't sell any of them.

Just to add, sitting on his throne...

To get to the original point of the thread, I think one of the reasons people are selling their RX200s is because its not so new anymore. It's like console gaming: you get the guys who want to build a collection of games and you get the guys who trade in for the next one. It's usually a matter of finance -- and not everybody can afford to keep a large collection of box mods without at least selling a few of them. I mean, what has been released in SA since the RX200 came out? ... The Stentorian Chieftain? Twisted Messes 150? The Cuboid? SMY SDNA200? The Vapor Shark? A whole family of AUTHENTIC Vapor Flasks?

It's an exciting time to be a vaper and okes are needing that cash-money to stay current. Myself? I will never sell my RX200 because it has options and it's despite being a 200w mod, it's small enough to be a daily driver. It will probably retire my IPV D2, IPV 4S, and my XCUBE II but I won't sell any of them.
on that point . how is the xcube? is it lighter than the rolo?

on that point . how is the xcube? is it lighter than the rolo?

Even empty, it's quite a heavy mod so it might actually be heaver than the Rolo. It's got a glut of LEDs, Bluetooth and a really elaborate fire button though, so maybe that's why. Anyway, it's a very well-made device with great options -- especially now that all the temp control wire settings come standard, and the new firmware pushes it up to 180w. Admittedly, the flashing LEDs and Bluetooth stuff are a bit much for some but those sorts of things attract me to gadgets. Warning: it chews through battery-life like something I've never seen. I use 3000 mah cells strictly in mine.

Last edited:
Im guessing its because its bigger and heavier than originally thought and 200W was a bit over the top.
I put one in my pocket yesterday, and held it in my hand - it is fairly big in comparison to my eVic. Makes me feel more manly though - so I too do not understand people selling them especially men.

Honestly the rolo is an awesome device. I can find no fault with it. My issue is the need to always want something different. That's the only reason I sold mine.
That my friend is CUD <-- It is a real problem, the need to upgrade outweighs everything else, even budgetary constraints everything fails against the power of CUD. I've been suffering from CUD for about 10 years now, it started with the need to compulsively upgrade my PC.

Guys according to the specs the cuboid while empty is heavier than the rolo while empty. Not sure on weights when they are loaded.

Back