Why is the Goon so popular?

I would like to read a 'home grown' review on the V1.5 as I have one in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a simple guy...Bottom air flow, dual coils and properly built coils...like proper...proper coils.

Well let me put it this way and throw in a 2 cents after saving up for another Goon :D

The goon is the best RDA I've had and ever tried - I've tried a lot of them (all the TM's, Hadaly, CSMNT , Geekvape, vandyvape, Apocalypse, etc etc not gonna name all)

If you do fused clapton build/aliens / specialty coils it excels in flavour and also vapour production - airflow is great, big juice hole and the machining and quality overall of the authentic is amazing. Never have thought of owning another dripper except if its another Goon... The pulse is pulling my fancy, but thats a single coil bugger.

Also, what I like is that the resale value (if you are ever in need to sell and have a gun to your head ) is amazing, a Goon is always wanted in any vapers arsenal - it's like a boer and his Hilux bakkie , always Hilux never Amarok etc (I love cars and compare everything with car situations lol)

So yes, the Goon is in a league of its own. Its between HE and normal - should be HE but the price is still affordable - and it pays itself off- it worth every little rand the vendors ask

I'll rather spend R1000 on a Goon than R500 on a good priced okay RDA, cause the okay RDA will probably be replaced with a Goon in the future - the goon never gets old...

"Goon is the best , there is nothing that beats it" - Leonard di Capiro :campeon::rolleyes::D:p

@Keyaam mind to give your opinions or have you done so in this sub forum? The real original fanatic of Goon(s)

Well let me put it this way and throw in a 2 cents after saving up for another Goon :D

The goon is the best RDA I've had and ever tried - I've tried a lot of them (all the TM's, Hadaly, CSMNT , Geekvape, vandyvape, Apocalypse, etc etc not gonna name all)

If you do fused clapton build/aliens / specialty coils it excels in flavour and also vapour production - airflow is great, big juice hole and the machining and quality overall of the authentic is amazing. Never have thought of owning another dripper except if its another Goon... The pulse is pulling my fancy, but thats a single coil bugger.

Also, what I like is that the resale value (if you are ever in need to sell and have a gun to your head ) is amazing, a Goon is always wanted in any vapers arsenal - it's like a boer and his Hilux bakkie , always Hilux never Amarok etc (I love cars and compare everything with car situations lol)

So yes, the Goon is in a league of its own. Its between HE and normal - should be HE but the price is still affordable - and it pays itself off- it worth every little rand the vendors ask

I'll rather spend R1000 on a Goon than R500 on a good priced okay RDA, cause the okay RDA will probably be replaced with a Goon in the future - the goon never gets old...

"Goon is the best , there is nothing that beats it" - Leonard di Capiro :campeon::rolleyes::D:p

@Keyaam mind to give your opinions or have you done so in this sub forum? The real original fanatic of Goon(s)

Great writeup @DirtyD
I liked your analogy with the Hilux bakkie - lol
I imagine one could have a lot of fun comparing vape gear to different cars - but am nervous of that because cars are also very heated topics at times ;-)

I am in the Kruger Park now and it amazes me how many Hiluxes and Fortuners there are. Pretty much every second vehicle is one of them!

Great writeup @DirtyD
I imagine one could have a lot of fun comparing vape gear to different cars - but am nervous of that because cars are also very heated topics at times ;-)

I am in the Kruger Park now and it amazes me how many Hiluxes and Fortuners there are. Pretty much every second vehicle is one of them!

That can be good marketing and family traditions. My brother is a die hard toyota fan... yet my puegeot has to jump start him every day, while i hear about toyota reliability as soon as his starts...

So, as with all things in life, it's all subjective ;)

Talking about Goon... so pretty I don't want to mess up the shiny by vaping on it. :h:
GoonSheamus 001.JPG

Dude, in the past, ive had CLT V3, Velocity V2, Royal Hunter, Mad Dog, Medusa etc etc.. and then i got myself a copper Smoant Charon and decided to see what this hype on the Goon is and got a copper goon 24mm... and meh... im hoping someone tells me what the hype was all about... dont get me wrong, its a nice rda.. but does it justify spending all that money? an authentic mad dog is under R400... and the difference in price compared to what the rda does??? maybe the fact that the goon is so customizable maybe? i dunno man.
Hi. I know this question is off topic but can you tell me is the smaont charon a good mod?

Great writeup @DirtyD

I didn't say they're the best I would say most people buy them because their whole family and great grandfathers bought them. I convinced my dad to buy a Discovery 4 after having only Land Cruisers and Prado's ... all I can say is the Disco is the best 4x4xfar so I would say the Goon compares to the Disco 4

I didn't say they're the best I would say most people buy them because their whole family and great grandfathers bought them. I convinced my dad to buy a Discovery 4 after having only Land Cruisers and Prado's ... all I can say is the Disco is the best 4x4xfar so I would say the Goon compares to the Disco 4

Just make sure to sell the Disco the moment the warranty expires :p , otherwise it will cost you a pretty penny if things go wrong .....

But agreed best 4x4 capable vehicle if you have the budget.

Someone used the analogy of a Hilux earlier can't remember who but yeah I can attest , 2001 Hilux SRX 290k kms and not a day's trouble.

Just make sure to sell the Disco the moment the warranty expires :p , otherwise it will cost you a pretty penny if things go wrong .....

But agreed best 4x4 capable vehicle if you have the budget.

Someone used the analogy of a Hilux earlier can't remember who but yeah I can attest , 2001 Hilux SRX 290k kms and not a day's trouble.
I used the analogy lol. and @Roodt .

The Disco just passed 103000km's and still going strong. Have to find out if its a 120000kms extended plan or 100 000 km's?

My dad asked me to look around for a Prado again, they have better resale value and he wants to have one for when he retires, I told him no we must prove everyone wrong and drive the Disco past atleast 200k kms ... And I also said you do not buy cars for resale value, we all know the story of saving your SO for the next guy hey ;-):-D:-D:-D

Does anybody perhaps know the dimensions of the Goon O rings, the 2 on the base.

Or is anybody able to measure them up for me please

Hi. I know this question is off topic but can you tell me is the smaont charon a good mod?

Hey man, i only saw this now, been offline for a while, been sick...

Smoant Charon feels soooooo good in ur hand... but i dig the A frame design mods... the battery door clips in so nicely and it fires damn near immediately... 510 - perfect... usb charge is very fast, i test it once, 2 very dead batteries, charged FULL in about 2hrs... then i took them out and put it in my I4 Charger... and it charged for literally 3mins and it said FULL... i do have one CON tho... its not very battery efficient... in my opinion... I can run the same rta with the same batteries on my Hotcig R150, or MKL200 and even the Captain, and ill get much better battery life... My favorite is still the hotcig, i dunno why, but i cant put the charon down as well... just the feel of it man

Hey man, i only saw this now, been offline for a while, been sick...

Smoant Charon feels soooooo good in ur hand... but i dig the A frame design mods... the battery door clips in so nicely and it fires damn near immediately... 510 - perfect... usb charge is very fast, i test it once, 2 very dead batteries, charged FULL in about 2hrs... then i took them out and put it in my I4 Charger... and it charged for literally 3mins and it said FULL... i do have one CON tho... its not very battery efficient... in my opinion... I can run the same rta with the same batteries on my Hotcig R150, or MKL200 and even the Captain, and ill get much better battery life... My favorite is still the hotcig, i dunno why, but i cant put the charon down as well... just the feel of it man
Thanks for the reply man. Im stuck between the battlestar, charon and al85. I dont need 100w+ but the extra battery life on dual 18650s is nice. How is the mlk200? Ive only seen that mod yesterday on sir vapes website

Thanks for the reply man. Im stuck between the battlestar, charon and al85. I dont need 100w+ but the extra battery life on dual 18650s is nice. How is the mlk200? Ive only seen that mod yesterday on sir vapes website

So far, brilliant... lots of people are expecting it to be DNA or Yihi or something cus its from Thinkvape... but its just straight fwd.. the design is beautiful if u like the thumb fire method? also feels as good in ur hands as the charon, just a touch heavier... and better on battery life... ive thrown all my rta's, rda's and a few of my buddies on there, no problems at all... the fire method is really nice.. but i dont think its a everyday walk around, go to work with kinda mod... id throw my charon in the soccer bag on a sunday without thinking twice.. i wont do that with the MKL tho, that linen leather backing??? so nice

*edit - that fire button on the charon - alot of people were worried it looks weird cus its pronounced on the mod and it might be uncomfortable to fire.... nope!!! in fact, it makes it feel better to fire..

So far, brilliant... lots of people are expecting it to be DNA or Yihi or something cus its from Thinkvape... but its just straight fwd.. the design is beautiful if u like the thumb fire method? also feels as good in ur hands as the charon, just a touch heavier... and better on battery life... ive thrown all my rta's, rda's and a few of my buddies on there, no problems at all... the fire method is really nice.. but i dont think its a everyday walk around, go to work with kinda mod... id throw my charon in the soccer bag on a sunday without thinking twice.. i wont do that with the MKL tho, that linen leather backing??? so nice

*edit - that fire button on the charon - alot of people were worried it looks weird cus its pronounced on the mod and it might be uncomfortable to fire.... nope!!! in fact, it makes it feel better to fire..
Thanks for the info dude. I think il go for the charon I like the way its shaped and will fit in my pocket better

My favourite RDA is the Goon V1 24mm. My second favourite RDA is the Goon 22mm. The manufacturer has simply got the correct formula for making the near perfect RDA.

Back