Why is the Goon so popular?

How would one identify an authentic Goon?
Give it a quick Google, there are a couple sites that offer visual guides that show the difference between an authentic and a clone.. this can be done for most attys

I find that the og goon 24 is great for your massive flavor builds, and with that I get pretty consistent flavour out of it. Of course this is all just person experience. With the price tag also comes top quality material and machining, it's built like a high end atomizer should be.
Oh really. you think a price tag classifying your RDA. is what defines it's performance?
Im pretty sure that it does the EXACT same thing as many other RDA's of much lower price.
Paying for a brand doesn't guarantee performance, I youtube things.. And If the review is biased- I'll check the comments, and if that's not enough, I'll go buy it to prove the *****er wrong :D

They're all made of a material that corrodes the least, with the ability to insulate and produce clouds.
Greedy prices will never beat the experiences you got =with something out of pure enjoyment,

And I'll tell you now as well, any RDA can be beaten with the Avo :D RDTA :D ftw for the rest of my vaping career, unless anyone can beat GeekVapes' Avocado; Love it;
Feels so pointless burning juices, just for you to open your juice again, pour another dose and continue like that. Tanks are the future. The future is now :D enjoy it :D

Errr. Tanks are convenient, sure (I have 2 myself), but I prefer to also use RDA's for fast flavour-switching in the evenings, or testing my DIY mixes. I definitely wouldn't agree with a statement that says tanks > RDA's. A statement that says tanks == RDA's I could get down with.

As for build quality, you're right - price doesn't always dictate quality. Sometimes you pay for the name.

Oh really. you think a price tag classifying your RDA. is what defines it's performance?
Im pretty sure that it does the EXACT same thing as many other RDA's of much lower price.
Paying for a brand doesn't guarantee performance, I youtube things.. And If the review is biased- I'll check the comments, and if that's not enough, I'll go buy it to prove the *****er wrong :D

They're all made of a material that corrodes the least, with the ability to insulate and produce clouds.
Greedy prices will never beat the experiences you got =with something out of pure enjoyment,

And I'll tell you now as well, any RDA can be beaten with the Avo :D RDTA :D ftw for the rest of my vaping career, unless anyone can beat GeekVapes' Avocado; Love it;
Feels so pointless burning juices, just for you to open your juice again, pour another dose and continue like that. Tanks are the future. The future is now :D enjoy it :D

You cant compare a tank/RTA to a RDA for flavour.
You can compare a RDTA but then again you cant as ive found the Avo 24 cant handle a big/low ohm build without melting your lips off where as on the Goon ive never had heat issues.

If price is no issue then buy the Goon same thing with a T shirt, if you can get a Nike shirt why would you buy a Mr Price T , they the same thing at the end of the day but you buying the look and the name and same thing goes with any vape related item.

Perhaps the question to be asked now is: "Why WAS the Goon so popular?"

In my opinion, the vaping industry is moving so fast that there is a new RDA released almost weekly. It now becomes more difficult to decide on which one is the "better" RDA. It is really so subjective.

Have you ever wondered what the 528 symbol means?

528 is a sound wave frequency that is supposed to bring love and harmony to the listener.

The pyramid in the logo is an "Illuminati" emblem.

Perhaps there is a subliminal affection for the Goon.

Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Errr. Tanks are convenient, sure (I have 2 myself), but I prefer to also use RDA's for fast flavour-switching in the evenings, or testing my DIY mixes. I definitely wouldn't agree with a statement that says tanks > RDA's. A statement that says tanks == RDA's I could get down with.

As for build quality, you're right - price doesn't always dictate quality. Sometimes you pay for the name.

#some Brand names aren't even popular - they release them at ridiculous prices. I want ALL south africans to look at the international dollar price of release and see how close the company matches the local price :) 10;1 South African retailers USUALLY add 2-300 extra -

hahah genesis tanks > RDA's :D RDTA <> RDA - its so similar to the same thing - just that beautiful well of juice ready for you, below your building deck :D

Simple. Mass hype. Same happen with the Griffin

GeekVape is amazing though ;) sometimes the hype doesn't stand up to the actual performance, but sometimes, it's user error preventing the best performance from a product;

@Waine There's definitely multiple releases weekly :p that's how fast the world is turning over these things. :D I want to start a new Thread saying every RDA = Every other RDA;

It's how you vertical coil it :D that counts :p

Perhaps the question to be asked now is: "Why WAS the Goon so popular?"

In my opinion, the vaping industry is moving so fast that there is a new RDA released almost weekly. It now becomes more difficult to decide on which one is the "better" RDA. It is really so subjective.

Have you ever wondered what the 528 symbol means?

528 is a sound wave frequency that is supposed to bring love and harmony to the listener.

The pyramid in the logo is an "Illuminati" emblem.

Perhaps there is a subliminal affection for the Goon.

Who knows?

Mind. Blown.

Let me start off by saying I am a huge Goon fan. Why?

1. Easy to install builds, I tend to use big coils and the Goon just gobbles up everything and still leaves space for cotton and air to travel through the RDA with ease.

2. Airflow, Perfect...with two holes open on each side you get a nice smooth, slightly restrictive pull which just intensifies any flavor. AND big plus for me, with a really hot build I can open up all three holes and the airflow keeps those big boys under control and not allow the RDA to overheat. the draw can then be short, saturated and condensed even though the airflow is wide open.

3. The looks, I think the size and the aesthetics of the damn thing is just gorgeous, not to small not to tall, and it is extremely customizable, and looks awesome on almost everything I own.

4. Drip tip options and standard wide bore drip tip is top notch. Never burns the lips, always cool and the perfect size for me. The options are endless, three holes smaller drip tip, two holes wide bore drip tip, whatever floats your boat.

5. Quality materials.

I have gone through many builds and many liters of juice in these goons and it performs and feels just like the day I bought them. All of the above has made me a Goon lover and I cant wait for the V1.5 to drop.

Just my Biased opinion lol.

Goons squad.jpg

I have a lot of RDA's. But the Goon 24's completed my search for "a better vape". It's not 100%, nothing is, but man-o-man...there is just that appeal, especially with the whole Mech vibe, to be found in the Goon.

If you look at a Goon 24 in each individual department, then it will definitely be outclassed every single time.

In my own opinion, the Goon 24 shines out as the sum of all its parts is a lot more than the individual parameters.

Will it get hot and scorch your lips when you chain vape? No

Will it take just about any build you can throw at it? Yes

Will the build quality and design become annoying? Never

Is it a consistent vape? Yes

Need to fine tune your build every so often? Not

Provide good flavour? Certainly

The point I'm making is that it's a great all round RDA and with that, it's highly respected, since it's been the go-to for a while.

All this being said, I've just ordered the Apocalypse Gen 2 which is touted as the Goon 24 killer. I hope not to be disappointed with that.

@aktorsyl, did you get your Peerless yet?
Got it today! Amazing flavour compared to the Sapor. Just an absolutely crappy build deck.. using 24g round wire coils in there at the moment. 8 wraps each, totaling about 0.35 ohm.

Got it today! Amazing flavour compared to the Sapor. Just an absolutely crappy build deck.. using 24g round wire coils in there at the moment. 8 wraps each, totaling about 0.35 ohm.
What about the build deck is bothering you? Glad you are liking the flavor though.
Which color did you get? Post a pic :)

What about the build deck is bothering you? Glad you are liking the flavor though.
Which color did you get? Post a pic :)
The middle posts' 2 holes both sharing one grub screw completely screws with my chakras. And the wire slips out of the outer posts easily while tightening. It's not very intuitive, but it doesn't spoil the experience overall for me. It's a fantastic dripper.
Don't have a pic of my current build at the moment, but do have one of the vapemail from this afternoon (below).
It's sitting atop my black Pico Dual (slight overhang but not ugly).

5KPD4wf.jpg

The middle posts' 2 holes both sharing one grub screw completely screws with my chakras. And the wire slips out of the outer posts easily while tightening. It's not very intuitive, but it doesn't spoil the experience overall for me. It's a fantastic dripper.
Don't have a pic of my current build at the moment, but do have one of the vapemail from this afternoon (below).
It's sitting atop my black Pico Dual (slight overhang but not ugly).

5KPD4wf.jpg
Haha no much I can suggest regarding the chakras :p
As far as the wire slipping, I noticed it initially but immediately just pulled the wire in place while tightening it down. It seems to have worked easy enough (I'm still on my first build). I will pay close attention to this on my next build. I can imagine a velocity style deck is easier and more forgiving to build on though.

Awesome. Sounds like a lekker setup. Post some pics of it sitting on the mod and of your build at some point (no rush). Quite interested to have a look.
I've been having an absolute blast with the Peerless tonight. Closed the airflow down just a tad (2/3) and bumped the power up to 74W... the whole house is vaped up! :D

Haha no much I can suggest regarding the chakras :p
As far as the wire slipping, I noticed it initially but immediately just pulled the wire in place while tightening it down. It seems to have worked easy enough (I'm still on my first build). I will pay close attention to this on my next build. I can imagine a velocity style deck is easier and more forgiving to build on though.

Awesome. Sounds like a lekker setup. Post some pics of it sitting on the mod and of your build at some point (no rush). Quite interested to have a look.
I've been having an absolute blast with the Peerless tonight. Closed the airflow down just a tad (2/3) and bumped the power up to 74W... the whole house is vaped up! :D
Ironically I also closed my airflow a tiny bit so that it's 2/3 open on both sides. It's a good balanced airflow setting for me. At 0.36 ohm I'm hitting it at around 65-70W and it's bloody epic. The Sapor may have had a better build deck, but that's the only area where it was better than the Peerless for me. The Sapor is now in the fated "pillbottle of death", which is a pretty clear sign. (I put my unused atty's in empty pillbottles on the shelf). Will post some build pics tomorrow when I also do a pitstop on the OBS Engine Nano.

How's your build look?

Ironically I also closed my airflow a tiny bit so that it's 2/3 open on both sides. It's a good balanced airflow setting for me. At 0.36 ohm I'm hitting it at around 65-70W and it's bloody epic. The Sapor may have had a better build deck, but that's the only area where it was better than the Peerless for me. The Sapor is now in the fated "pillbottle of death", which is a pretty clear sign. (I put my unused atty's in empty pillbottles on the shelf). Will post some build pics tomorrow when I also do a pitstop on the OBS Engine Nano.

How's your build look?
Sorry, I somehow completely missed that you asked about my build. I'm still running on my very first build:
UUCDiTN.jpg

Hqruq3f.jpg

WXawwDJ.jpg

SFXfWrL.jpg

Its an 8 wrap Clapton (26ga Ni80 + 32ga KA1) coming out to about 0.5ohm.

I'll try some Fused Clapton (28ga*2 + 32ga KA1) next. Maybe try build it a tad lower.
Sounds like a fun task for a Saturday morning :)

If your from Durban, then you would know that Goon is a slang term for a womans moist bits #winkwink

Why is the Goon so popular? Just ask any red blooded male :p:-D:-D:-D

If your from Durban, then you would know that Goon is a slang term for a womans moist bits #winkwink

Why is the Goon so popular? Just ask any red blooded male :p:-D:-D:-D

How lukka is that cherries goon exe hahaha

I'll try some Fused Clapton (28ga*2 + 32ga KA1) next. Maybe try build it a tad lower.
Sounds like a fun task for a Saturday morning :)

@aktorsyl, so I built this yesterday:
qejqQrJ.jpg

Came out to 0.43, vapes real nice. Used a little bit less wicking than my first attempt. Can really load this thing up with juice.
I used the 4 bottom mounting points for this (again).
I'm thinking for my next build attempt I'm going to try the inner-bottom mounting points with the top mounting points.

Back