Wicking safety

JsPLAYn

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Sup fellow vapors

So I've come across a situation. Not sure if it was mentioned already but here goes

So where I work it's always dusty and dirty lol.. cement manufacturer plant. Anyways so 1 day I burnt my wick due to negligence and then decided to rewick

I did wash my hands and prior to wicking I had repaired a leaking fuel filter. .although I washed my hands as most will knw that fuel and oil smell doesn't easily leave hand.. With the result that my juice started tasting like paraffin. I was totally gobsmacked and rewicked and changed juice and same effect re occurred

After some research I found that when rolling the wick out the scent and possible soap/fuel residue may have laced the cotton and upon heating coils it released the flavour of substance on my hands. I tested theory and gt me gloves and rewicked and voila it tasted perfect

Now comes the dangerous part I would like to bring to attention. Be weary of the state of ur hands when wicking as it couldv been worse had I worked with something more toxic and it had laced the cotton . I did not knw about the possibility of this happening and so I just thort I'd share this find

Regards
JsPLAYn

JsPLAYn'z VAPEquarters

A pack 100 latex gloves (powderless) comes in handy. They are of reasonable price and readily available at any Dischem store.

Not only does it ensure that you are working with a clean set hands it helps with grip as well to remove tight top caps and top fill caps as well as dismantling a tank or dripper.

just my 2c

I have a few "classic" cars that I have rebuilt and all work with carbs. That's said by the end of the day I land up with more fuel on my hands than in the engine...

The absolute best thing to clear up the smell of fuel from your hands is to wash it off with...... A drop of shampoo!

Works like a charm :)

Lol.. seems u guys are posting solutions to my above mentioned mishaps .. Instead let this thread be a warning to guys to be carefull of the state of there hands when wicking as I had to learn the hard way

JsPLAYn'z VAPEquarters

@BhavZ I'm definitely gna grab me a pack of those gloves .. safety 1st lol

@shaunnadan yes it does remove the scent but it's J's crazy how a scent on ur hand or slightest trace of anything u touch could lace the cotton and change the flavour of juice or even result in being possibly poisoned if it's something toxic. . I'm J's glad I learnt the hard way with something non toxic

JsPLAYn'z VAPEquarters

Back