Wicking through 2.5ID and 3ID coils

Ruwaid

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi guys
Sorry if this thread might seem pointless and yes whilst I know it takes patience and practice but how on earth do you get enough through small coils?
I have been having an issue re-wicking my Siren 2 RTA. I dread when I have to re-wick or try a new flavour. Every other attempt is a fail as I struggle to get a nice thick wick through...I either damage or bend the coil completely. When I feel its too little its proven by the weeping juice thru AFC and excessive pops. When its nice and tight little to no weeping and no pops at all.
So the key must be so wick thick but how? lol

are there brands that sell pieces with those plastic threads at the end or do you guys just twirl the wick (both hands in opposite directions) until its nice and small to squeeze through? that as well doesn't work nice as one end comes out very thin and not enough wick if that makes any sense.

Thanks guys

The two ways I learned were:

1. I watched a ton of youtube videos. One after another on different techniques then putting those to practice.

2. I took my atty into my local B&M and had them rewick it, but I watched very closely how they did it.

One of the methods I use currently is taking how much I think will fit, twist the tip and feed it through. Once the tip is through I pull from the other side, if there's too much resistance (as though if I continue pulling it will distort the coil) I pull it out, remove a layers and try again. Rinse and repeat until the cotton fits snug in the coil.

Hi guys
Sorry if this thread might seem pointless and yes whilst I know it takes patience and practice but how on earth do you get enough through small coils?
I have been having an issue re-wicking my Siren 2 RTA. I dread when I have to re-wick or try a new flavour. Every other attempt is a fail as I struggle to get a nice thick wick through...I either damage or bend the coil completely. When I feel its too little its proven by the weeping juice thru AFC and excessive pops. When its nice and tight little to no weeping and no pops at all.
So the key must be so wick thick but how? lol

are there brands that sell pieces with those plastic threads at the end or do you guys just twirl the wick (both hands in opposite directions) until its nice and small to squeeze through? that as well doesn't work nice as one end comes out very thin and not enough wick if that makes any sense.

Thanks guys
Depends on the wire type and guage as well as wick material. Using SS316 24AWG with CBP a rather thick wad can be pulled through with minimal coil distortion taking place. What are you using?

Regards

I had the same issue - I would not recommend Prime and Streaky cotton as it tends to break too easily and IMHO it's a waste of money if you keep on throwing away pieces that you can't use. Go for UD cotton - you can cut, peel off the top / bottom layer (the pressed part of flat cotton) and then twist the end into a nice threadable point. Thread through those tiny coils and you're sorted. This is the only cotton I find that doesn't break so easily but you will definitely need to break in the cotton as you will get cotton flavour on first vape. What I find works in getting rid of the cottony flavour is dripping and pulsing until you no longer smell it. That really worked for me as it forces the cotton to absorb the juice faster, and breaking in the cotton in the process at the same time.

Just grab the coil lightly with thumb and forefinger and hold it steady while pulling through the wick.

Just grab the coil lightly with thumb and forefinger and hold it steady while pulling through the wick.
Just goes to show you again, sometimes the best solution is the simplest one, and nothing beats experience. Thanks @zadiac , it also proves you are never too old to learn.:)

Just goes to show you again, sometimes the best solution is the simplest one, and nothing beats experience. Thanks @zadiac , it also proves you are never too old to learn.:)

That's the only way I wick and it has never failed me :)

Thanks guys...I have only ever used CBP and yes I agree...it breaks way to easy and for the smaller coils I end up wasting more than what has been threaded. Also want to try Native Wicks. Few times I purchased tanks from Vape Industry they used that and it looked simply and flavour was great!

Just a note here.. with CBP, you should never wick so tight that the cotton wants to break. It swells a LOT when it gets juice, so it can go through the coil pretty loosely.

Thanks good people, learned something today. Have been having issues with CBPrime breaking on my sub tank minis as mentioned, shall try less cotton as suggested and hope to come right.

Back