Wismec DNA 200 What a waste of good money

zadiac

Sub Ohm & Flavor Junkie
Staff member
VIP
LV

Awards
So my Wismec Rolo DNA 200 suddenly stopped working.
Three sets of three (married) batteries tried. All fully charged. Keeps saying check battery. Batteries work perfectly everywhere else.
I'm so disgusted right now. This will be the last Wismec product that I ever bought.
I've been sitting with this problem for 3 days now and no matter what I tried, nothing works.
I have 3 different sets of married batteries and no matter which set or in which order I insert them, it doesn't work.
I'm done with wismec products.

Before anyone ask me these questions, let me just clarify:

I am a very experienced vaper. I know ohms law and I know how to insert batteries in a VV/VW device. I know how batteries work and I know how the devices work. These same batteries that I mentioned have been in use on this same device since I bought it. There is nothing wrong with the batteries. I have tested them on other devices.

I have rebooted the device and the battery diagnostic doesn't work as the device doesn't see the batteries.

From now on, Sigelei all the way. I have wasted my money here.

Last edited:
eish bro soz man :(, those things are so expensive. Warranty?

I feel your frustration. What I found with mine is that the battery sleigh is cracked so the front battery is not making connection. I have to jiggle the battery until it makes connection then I am good to go. Please note that my wismic has never been dropped

i'd be pretty pissed too, surely there must be a warranty for a device in that price bracket ?

I feel your frustration. What I found with mine is that the battery sleigh is cracked so the front battery is not making connection. I have to jiggle the battery until it makes connection then I am good to go. Please note that my wismic has never been dropped

Mine has also never been dropped. I had to do the "jiggle the batteries" thing from the beginning for them to make contact. I would not recommend this device to anyone in the future.

I will bring it to the vape meet and ask @Stroodlepuff to have a look at it as I bought it from them at the last vape meet.

Well if in the market for a high power device again I cannot recommend the Esige Eiffel t1 too much.

Built in 4200mah battery with an induction charging plate means you just put it down on the plate and battery stays full. Firing as low as 30 watts I get 2 days of power. One full day at 55 watts maybe more. I always have battery left by the time she needs to charge.

My choice was between her and a Wismec DNA 200. Glad I went for the eiffel. Best 1200 I ever spent.

Thats a very big shame to hear!

I'm assuming you've tried a hard as well as soft reboot? AFAIK, hard reboot (through EScribe) should reset the firmware. You can also try an earlier firmware version? Of course, if none of that works, then it its a physical problem on the chip... if you're lucky, just a blown fuse or capacitor?

Either way, post on the Evolv forums. The mods there are relatively active and might be able to suggest something!

Mines been trouble free from day one. Sorry about your frustrating problem :(

I know of about 6 that stopped working. It's the DNA200 board. Evolv has confirmed this. Furthermore, I know of 4 other dna200 devices (besides the 6 rolos) that have just stopped working. Evolv is the problem, 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my Wismec Rolo DNA 200 suddenly stopped working.
Three sets of three (married) batteries tried. All fully charged. Keeps saying check battery. Batteries work perfectly everywhere else.
I'm so disgusted right now. This will be the last Wismec product that I ever bought.
I've been sitting with this problem for 3 days now and no matter what I tried, nothing works.
I have 3 different sets of married batteries and no matter which set or in which order I insert them, it doesn't work.
I'm done with wismec products.

Before anyone ask me these questions, let me just clarify:

I am a very experienced vaper. I know ohms law and I know how to insert batteries in a VV/VW device. I know how batteries work and I know how the devices work. These same batteries that I mentioned have been in use on this same device since I bought it. There is nothing wrong with the batteries. I have tested them on other devices.

I have rebooted the device and the battery diagnostic doesn't work as the device doesn't see the batteries.

From now on, Sigelei all the way. I have wasted my money here.
How old is the device wismec offer 90 day international warranty . Same thing happened to mine and @Vape cartel sorted me out.

Best of luck it's not a nice feeling I know it all too well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Same happened with mine. I assume it's at the positive connection? Take a file and file the plastic skirting ring around the connector away. It prevents the battery from making full contact.

@zadiac, if you had to fiddle with the battery from the beginning then the evidence strongly suggests you received the unit in a bad condition.
That being said it's a sad day to see a DNA be buried.
Mine is found strong and I'm still loving it.

Off topic but a college bought another mod and I bought the same mod.
Mine is still going strong and my colleges one stopped working today.

I suspect your unit was damaged in transit from the manufacturer to the supplier.
Perhaps if you are interested and if parts are available e.g. a new battery sled I would be willing to look at the device and have a go at a repair.
Alternatively if you want to sell the mod, I think there is a gentleman with a blown fuse on his DNA 200 that might be interested in butting the DNA chip out of your mod.

Mine has also never been dropped. I had to do the "jiggle the batteries" thing from the beginning for them to make contact. I would not recommend this device to anyone in the future.

I will bring it to the vape meet and ask @Stroodlepuff to have a look at it as I bought it from them at the last vape meet.

Will have a look for you bud :)

Same happened with mine. I assume it's at the positive connection? Take a file and file the plastic skirting ring around the connector away. It prevents the battery from making full contact.

Oh WOW look who came to visit us! @RevnLucky7 we have missed you! :D

I also have 2 DNA 200 Rolos.

Never had any problems.Touch wood.

I have never removed the batteries out of mine.

Have used the on board charging feature since the beginning.

I don't think one should call it a bad device.

Sorry to hear about the problems you had.

I also have 2 DNA 200 Rolos.

Never had any problems.Touch wood.

I have never removed the batteries out of mine.

Have used the on board charging feature since the beginning.

I don't think one should call it a bad device.

Sorry to hear about the problems you had.
Totally agree. Mine is rock solid and the batteries get rotated one a week when I put them on an external charger.
Like I said before, if the device had to be adjusted initially to get the batteries to work then it was probably damaged in transit.

Mine died... Got an RX200 instead. still early, but i'm loving it. lower price tag also puts me in a much more acceptable frame of mind.

I'd also like to add, that I'll never buy an Evolv product again. They seem to have a habit of releasing defective hardware.

Now I'm terrified that my Hcigar is going to stop working...

Maybe I was a little harsh at first, but I was angry. I think it's the little raised plastic parts on the positive sides in the battery sleds. I think the contact sinks a little and then the plastic part prevents the batteries from making contact. I think those raised plastic parts are a stupid idea from the start, that's why the RX200 doesn't have them in.

Maybe I was a little harsh at first, but I was angry. I think it's the little raised plastic parts on the positive sides in the battery sleds. I think the contact sinks a little and then the plastic part prevents the batteries from making contact. I think those raised plastic parts are a stupid idea from the start, that's why the RX200 doesn't have them in.
The RX200 board has built in reverse battery protection and the DNA200 does not, therefore they had to add the rim/lip on the battery sled. But i do agree with you, it's a dumb design.

It's only natural when you pay so much for something and it stops working. I had an issue with my 200W KBox a few weeks ago where it was reading my coils completely wrong. I lost my mind, raged like a madman, stomped around etc. It's the feeling that you have been ripped off, and there is nothing you can do about it.

(As a side note the reason my KBox was screwing around was because I didn't read the manual, so rage turned into outright shame)

Back