Wooden Box mod

@Nooby and @Harryssss Can you guys check my parts list, if anything is missing.
I also have 2 questions.
What thickness wire do you guys use to connect to the battery. Will 1.5mm wire be thick enough, or should I go 2.5mm.
What do you guys use for the battery positive connector?

I'm jumping in here; for pure mechanical use solid copper wire, and if you put an electronic regulated module in, use stranded wire because of the high switching frequency. Use the thickest wire you are comfortable with - to limit voltage drop. For wire thickness you can use the following guideline:

0.1mm per 1A, i.e 15A x 0.1 = 1.5mm

510 connector - Join in on the Group by from Fat daddy vapes (He has a wood version which is 3mm longer than the shorty 510)
Battery Spring - I am using a Reo spring, it works perfectly and also offers protection by collapsing if anything shorts
Positive connector - I am currently using the 510 positive connector as the positive contact(directly)
Wire - As per Johan, I am using a solid piece of copper wire which I took from my remote receive(The antenna) It is about 1.5mm - 2mm

I'm jumping in here; for pure mechanical use solid copper wire, and if you put an electronic regulated module in, use stranded wire because of the high switching frequency. Use the thickest wire you are comfortable with - to limit voltage drop. For wire thickness you can use the following guideline:

0.1mm per 1A, i.e 15A x 0.1 = 1.5mm

I agree with you...

Currently, I have no soldering in the Wooden mod, I didn't need to for now. However, when I do eventually regulate it, the wire will be changed, as well as soldering.

For battery connectors I use copper ore brass plate you can buy from electrical shop and springs I`m waiting for a local supplier to
send me the price on manufacturing the springs & cable 1mm can handle 8Amp 1.5mm - 12Amp

For battery connectors I use copper ore brass plate you can buy from electrical shop and springs I`m waiting for a local supplier to
send me the price on manufacturing the springs & cable 1mm can handle 8Amp 1.5mm - 12Amp

Yes agree, but it depends on length of wire as well, in mod the lengths are quite short therefore the difference 1mm = 10A vs 8A etc.

1 x Eclipse 50w
1 x 60w (no name)
1 x 15w (no name)
1 x mech
and 20 off Eclipse bodies and outer frames

Here is a rough mockup of my idea.
I am going to try and keep it fairly compact.
The outside covers will be stainless covers.

For those that know the Reo springs, under how much tension must that spring be?

2de3b3b031b66af6aa923fe85779320a.jpg

574605e2d352b8fe182a5eb85c23430e.jpg

2e217b891231d0bd9797ded8dd07ecfd.jpg

Hi Guys
I popped in to Communica and found the perfect switch. But they don't have anything I can use as a positive connection terminal.
What do you guys use for the positive terminal?

At the moment, my positive terminal of the battery is directly on the bottom of the 510 connector. I will need to change this once I get the bottom fed pin..

Yeah, I saw that, but does one use that is deemed safe enough for the amps we push through these babies ?

Hi Guys
I popped in to Communica and found the perfect switch. But they don't have anything I can use as a positive connection terminal.
What do you guys use for the positive terminal?

Maybe use another reo spring as a positive terminal? Cut it shorter if its a bit to long?

I am looking for a safe metal / copper terminal / connector for a positive terminal between the battery and the switch. I don't want to solder onto the battery, I need it to be removable.

Maybe use another reo spring as a positive terminal? Cut it shorter if its a bit to long?

Was thinking of something on those lines. Maybe cut the spring off completely and just use the base to solder the positive wire onto it. Good Idea, Thanks!

Back