Wooden Box mod

Was thinking of something on those lines. Maybe cut the spring off completely and just use the base to solder the positive wire onto it. Good Idea, Thanks!

You just need any metal base that has a slight bump in the center to make contact with the battery..

You just need any metal base that has a slight bump in the center to make contact with the battery..
Yeah, but everyone is safety cautious about what size wire and the connectors , switches etc, to ensure that nothing overheats or burns. I don't want something as small as a little piece of contact to be the weakest link in the safety of the mod, if you understand what I mean.

I am hoping to be able to build 0.6 - 0.8 ohm coils on the mod, without sacrificing body parts :D

Lol.. yeah I'm running a 1 - 1.2 ohm coil at the moment in the wood box. My Reo has the 0.6 ohm. The thing with some communica's switches is, they are 2 to 3 amps. However, it's only momentary. But I wouldn't push it to much...

Ok, so I have received just about all my goods. So I'm gonna resurrect this thread again.

Hardware Items bought thus far:
Wood - Some samples from Rarewoods - Western Red, Boire and Burmese Teak
Vapour Mountain - Reo Spring, Reo door magnets
Fat Daddy Vapes - 510 V3 V3 Woo, 22mm Washer, (Also bought a 510BF Wood & BF Bottle attachment for a later mod :) )
Communica - Vandal proof S/S finish button

I have done 2 designs (Concept ideas, hopefully the woodwork part works.....) On the attached designs, I am comparing the 2 designs to a Hana, as everyone has a good idea of the size of the Hana). I would like some input as to which form factor you guys think will work better.....

Width Comparison
Visio-Box Mod V1.jpg

And a height comparison
Visio-Box Mod V1-1.jpg

What amps can that switch handle? You should be careful with that.

Yeah, you're right. Or make it full mechanical, then you won't need a mosfet :)

Have a look at this video:

Ok, so I have received just about all my goods. So I'm gonna resurrect this thread again.

Hardware Items bought thus far:
Wood - Some samples from Rarewoods - Western Red, Boire and Burmese Teak
Vapour Mountain - Reo Spring, Reo door magnets
Fat Daddy Vapes - 510 V3 V3 Woo, 22mm Washer, (Also bought a 510BF Wood & BF Bottle attachment for a later mod :) )
Communica - Vandal proof S/S finish button

I have done 2 designs (Concept ideas, hopefully the woodwork part works.....) On the attached designs, I am comparing the 2 designs to a Hana, as everyone has a good idea of the size of the Hana). I would like some input as to which form factor you guys think will work better.....

Width Comparison
View attachment 19320

And a height comparison
View attachment 19322
great stuff @Rellik seems you have it all going now. Cant wait to see you end result.

Definitely need a mosfet (3034) and 15k resistor possibly for the switch its only a 3a switch. Those numbers are from memory resistor not that important though as it doesn't have to be exactly 15k.

I don't trust the copper tape with vaping stuff. I'd rather go for wiring.

@Rellik rather buy your mosfets from RS Electronics, you're going to pay a little bit more, but you will get the authentic part as Communica is known for selling grey parts. I've posted circuits in the past on this forum, so just go through the modders threads.

Last edited:
Ok. So i know this has been a long project and the updates have been slow, but I have at last managed to finish this box mod. I already have the next design in my head, and that one will go alot quicker. But here are the pics:
abb5bb05fb4c471f9f6b5fae35e5a27a.jpg

83cc69e0f2e55841d6e07d4f79bf190e.jpg

And this one is a different door design that I am playing with.
8c4dc163184da0d84b27e078d5e90cc0.jpg

Ok. So i know this has been a long project and the updates have been slow, but I have at last managed to finish this box mod. I already have the next design in my head, and that one will go alot quicker. But here are the pics:
abb5bb05fb4c471f9f6b5fae35e5a27a.jpg

83cc69e0f2e55841d6e07d4f79bf190e.jpg

And this one is a different door design that I am playing with.
8c4dc163184da0d84b27e078d5e90cc0.jpg
Fantastic mate :clap: I can imagine the joy of vaping your own creation, great stuff. :)

@Rellik awesome craftsmanship. one can see the amount of time that went into it and it really paid off. Looks great bud!

Looks great, and I recognize a Hard Disk Magnet there? :D

Back