GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti 11GB OC
SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB + Crucial MX300 750GB
PSU: Seasonic 600W
Mouse: Logitech G600
Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate
Headset: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless
Controller: Xbox One
Case: Fractal Design R4
Monitor: Samsung 60" 8-Series (3840x2160@60Hz)
Speakers: Samsung HW-K450 Soundbar

The interface:
oPlKBow.jpg

PS4 Pro is off to the side ... awaiting delivery of the Xbox One X
Is the Xbox one x available yet? I want to get one but don't see it physically available yet.

A832896B-1047-479A-93DD-0229AE6F7521.jpeg

Logitech z906 5.1 speakers
Cyborg V7 Keyboard
Razer Ouroboros Ambidextrous mouse
Asus X99 Deluxe mobo
Soundblaster ZX Sound card
SuperFlower 750watt fully modular PSU
Corsair 790T(white) Case
i7 5930k CPU
Corsair H110i GT CPU water cooler
Nvidia GTX 980ti HOF Edition GPU
16gb Gskill DDR4 2666mhz Ram
A good few TB storage in both SSD and HD
Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Asus ROG Swift 34" Curved Ultra Wide 3440x1440 100hz G-Sync Screen

A few things have changed since the last time I posted in one of these sorts of threads, namely...

Logitech z906 speakers replaced with Onkyo 5.1.2 Home theatre system.
Cyborg keyboard replaced with Razer Chroma Mechanical/Membrane Hybrid
16gb Gskill RAM replaced with 32gb Corsair Vengeance LED RGB 3000mhz Ram
980Ti replaced with Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti
Logitech G27 wheel replaced with Logitech G29
Another Samsung 512gb SSD

I also bought the HyperX Cloud Revolver 7.1 surround Headset and I’m currently looking in to a new sound card.

Is the Xbox one x available yet? I want to get one but don't see it physically available yet.
Pre-order units released on 2017-12-22. Takealot had extra stock, probably cancellations, that sold out quickly. Dion Wired has some extra stock as well and that's what I ordered. My order is still processing. Really hoping it's not with the next batch that only comes in mid Feb

Pre-order units released on 2017-12-22. Takealot had extra stock, probably cancellations, that sold out quickly. Dion Wired has some extra stock as well and that's what I ordered. My order is still processing. Really hoping it's not with the next batch that only comes in mid Feb
If I could find someone that has stock I would be there in 20 minutes...

If I could find someone that has stock I would be there in 20 minutes...
Same here man. I'm getting super annoyed with Dion Wired ... they can't even tell me if they have stock.

Same here man. I'm getting super annoyed with Dion Wired ... they can't even tell me if they have stock.
I hope I'm wrong but my understanding is that dion will only receive their stock on the 15th of Jan and send it out on the 20th.

I hope I'm wrong but my understanding is that dion will only receive their stock on the 15th of Jan and send it out on the 20th.
I hope you are wrong too! :D

The current online item is at R8k, I believe that is the stock that is only coming in later.
I still got my order in at R7.5k, which I'm hoping was actually warehouse stock.
I should know in a day or 2 whats what.
If I have to wait another week or 2, so be it! :eek:

current system
i5-4670
MSI b85
2X4GB generic DDR3 1600
Themaltake LitePower 650W
980ti HOF (with a Boba Fett figurine holding it up as this card is heavy AF and I hate gpu Sag)
Samsung 750 256GB & apacer 250GB SSD
Logitech G500S
LG 23"

Hopefully 2018 will be more forgiving and allow me some upgrades

@Christos, another day another bunch of different stories from Dion Wired. I've cancelled my order with them.
If you find something, a heads up would be appreciated :)

@Christos, another day another bunch of different stories from Dion Wired. I've cancelled my order with them.
If you find something, a heads up would be appreciated :)
I know a place that usually has stock before the rest of south Africa but their phones never work and all their products are parallel imports or gray products... I'm not sure I want to give them 7k if they can't answer their phone to say the least!

I know a place that usually has stock before the rest of south Africa but their phones never work and all their products are parallel imports or gray products... I'm not sure I want to give them 7k if they can't answer their phone to say the least!
Agreed! Definitely give that option a skip.
I rate I'll just buy Gears 1 and 4 and play that on Windows for now.
I'll worry about the KruisDoos later :p

Nice setups here. I don't game, or at least haven't in decades. Haven't been able to upgrade in years so my little setup is getting on in the years.

Currently have just AMD Phenom II 955, Asus board, 4GB ram (because brownouts suck), a bunch of drives and Samsung 850 SSD, DELL U2711, big old Cooler Master chassis, CODE mech keyboard with MX Clears, Kensington Orbit, and GTX690 and my now beat up AudioTechnica ATH-A900 headphones. Do dev on this box, but currently just using Gentoo.

Then have a HP microserver for storage, Netgear managed 24-port switch, etc.

Here's the current crap setup which will get sorted out after I'm done renovating other parts of the house:

48dbcaad7afa3244e553c41bdf17b35b.jpg

But turning around there is this waiting...

a4a3e00e91843ad78b225cbceb3a3d1d.jpg

Hopefully I'll be busy with that next week.
Is your rig up and running yet? Whats your current hashrate you are currently getting?

Is your rig up and running yet? Whats your current hashrate you are currently getting?

0 at the moment. Waiting for stuff to arrive. My riser cards come in next week, so this weekend I should be figuring out the chassis.

What you have going there? Send me some pics of your rig if you can. Need ideas.

0 at the moment. Waiting for stuff to arrive. My riser cards come in next week, so this weekend I should be figuring out the chassis.

What you have going there? Send me some pics of your rig if you can. Need ideas.
Still only starting out. Will upgrade as i go along. Also waiting for another riser. Should get it monday.

Still only starting out. Will upgrade as i go along. Also waiting for another riser. Should get it monday.
Can't wait to get my shipment so I can finally measure things. And now I can't find my damn calipers!!! I hate home renovations, you can never find stuff afterwards.

Pushed for time right now. Never built one of these things and I don't like starting a job without all the parts. And tools ... Going back to look for my calipers. I swear when I find these they're getting a special carrier on the wall.

Can't wait to get my shipment so I can finally measure things. And now I can't find my damn calipers!!! I hate home renovations, you can never find stuff afterwards.

Pushed for time right now. Never built one of these things and I don't like starting a job without all the parts. And tools ... Going back to look for my calipers. I swear when I find these they're getting a special carrier on the wall.
haha sounds hectic. I find the whole crypto market super exciting and challenging.
I built myself a gpu frame out of some old brandering i had lying around. No need to spend big bucks. But now i need to build a box around it for beter air circulation. Cause man gpus generate a sh!t ton of heat when mining

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_171446.jpg
    IMG_20171217_171446.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20171217_171437.jpg
    IMG_20171217_171437.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 31
Best and quickest way to go. I'll build the next one out of wood, but I decided to use square tubing this time. I've been meaning to build out a garage bench from square tubing so opportune time to see if I like working with it. Way pricier than wood though. 12m of tubing for R300 and then there's the connectors I felt like trying. should have gone for equal angle and just pop rivet it together. Could be a good heatsink though. :D

Back