ZEUS Dual

...lol Steyn

makes his own coils, own juice, what ever else,

he will get this
Couldn't pass up the deal on this Dual. R380 is insane! Now the coils in there will need to last forever though...as I'm not going through that again.

Couldn't pass up the deal on this Dual. R380 is insane! Now the coils in there will need to last forever though...as I'm not going through that again.

got a "bubble" glass for you if you want

Although it's an awesome tank with great flavour etc, surely some questions must be asked:
I am convinced that no one is a fan of the flathead screws, why they decided on it we dont know and thats fine...but using a smaller diameter screw than any other tank thus not giving the buyer an easy way to change them, actually the box should include 4 replacements that uses a tool we are all used to.
Then the tool provided to screw and unscrew the screws is nothing short of the cheapest option available to man with no thought given to the practicality.
Why is there nothing in the box that we can use to position the coils after it's been "screwed"?
Geekvape also produces wire and coils, what was the process followed when deciding on the 2 coils to add to the package? Is there someone that actually tested the flavour on the various coil builds already in production and he/she decided these are the best ones?

Just some thought for future devices.

The fact that nobody was seriously injured today should be a reflection on my character....

Bare with me:

I made sure that I had everything I would need to fire up this Rta as soon as I had it. The coils I made was perfect, higher ohms than I'm used to but beautiful. Unfortunately 1 of the 4 legs broke when I tightened the screw so I couldn't use them. From sit down to this incident took about 45 minutes. I still can't feel anything in 3 of my fingers of my right hand. The build deck is insanely small (to what I'm used to) the flathead screws was not well thought out and the tool provided to fasten and loosen said screws kinda struggles to fit between mod and deck. So I had to buy 2 coils to continue...this was actually physically painful to me but the price was good. Way bigger than intended so the piece of cotton bacon prime I packed also had no use anymore. Then the airflow saga occurred, and before I could really find an answer, my phone's battery died...

View attachment 134854
This is the build I decided on when I started from scratch as I got home...and I chose that build because that's the wire I had available and I just couldn't find the will to redo the previous ones.
Getting rid of like 60% of the cotton you originally insert makes no sense to me, fluffing it like it's a full time job also no idea why but I followed the advice given.

Wad it worth it? ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!!
I really didn't expect to be this impressed with any tank and I bought it for the sole purpose of convenience while driving...that has now changed. Awesome flavour, damn nice clouds, no leaking whatsoever and it's damn sexy!

Can run it at higher than normal wattages and it stays cool but provides a much denser feel.

To @Moerse Rooikat and also @vicTor you guys are the main reason I decided on this Rta and you deserve a massive thank you. This is the thing you buy for someone you want to start Vaping and this makes me excited because I have family in mind.

:campeon:

Catching up on this thread at work this morning and I am so glad to read that your happy with the Zeus Dual. A few posts back I was just tinking I've bought another RTA lemon.
After reading this I am eager and can't wait to get my grubs kn mine tomorrow.

I had a busy day yesterday making coils for the Zeus so I will have a barrage of builds to throw at it should I not get the flavour I'm expecting.

Anyone here built lower than 0.3ohms on their dual? Every build yesterday is will ohm out 0.2 and below (in the quad and trips even down to 0.09) - while Ni80 is a great wire it's draw back is the low resistance.
What I am basically asking is will a Quad Fused 28/38 Ni80 build work, dual coil is around 0.12, I love this build as it has a fast ramp up and superb flavour but readinhow everyine is building in the 0.3 range has me worried I cannot use this cuild in the Zeus Dual :worried::worried:

Catching up on this thread at work this morning and I am so glad to read that your happy with the Zeus Dual. A few posts back I was just tinking I've bought another RTA lemon.

I had a busy day yesterday making coils for the Zeus so I will have a barrage of builds to throw at it should I not get the flavour I'm expecting.

Anyone here built lower than 0.3ohms on their dual? Every build yesterday is will ohm out 0.2 and below (in the quad and trips even down to 0.09) - while Ni80 is a great wire it's draw back is the low resistance.
What I am basically asking is will a Quad Fused 28/38 Ni80 build work, dual coil is around 0.12, I love this build as it has a fast ramp up and superb flavour but readinhow everyine is building in the 0.3 range has me worried I cannot use this cuild in the Zeus Dual :worried::worried:
Build I have in there ohms at 0.18. Just make sure on the wicking, don't change ANYTHING!! Vapes like a charm.

The staggered wrap rather than plain fused gives me slightly better flavour...slightly.

Build I have in there ohms at 0.18. Just make sure on the wicking, don't change ANYTHING!! Vapes like a charm.
It's not about the rta handling the ohms. It's the mod that does the majority of the work.

@Greyz give your build a bash. I use 3 different sets of coils from Smilelykumeenit, one comes out at 0.18/0.19. You should be fine.

It's not about the rta handling the ohms. It's the mod that does the majority of the work.

@Greyz give your build a bash. I use 3 different sets of coils from Smilelykumeenit, one comes out at 0.18/0.19.

See now I have no idea if your post is implying that I didn't know that...or just concurring to drive my "don't stressmate it will work" response home...

@RainstormZA @Steyn777

I'm stoked to hear the tank can run some low builds as I have a long standing love for low builds. It's why I prefer drippers as most RTA's simply cant keep up and wick fast enough for the wattage I prefer.
Tomorrow can't come quickly enough, I'm starting to believe trhis tank might restore my faith in RTA's again :D

@RainstormZA @Steyn777

I'm stoked to hear the tank can run some low builds as I have a long standing love for low builds. It's why I prefer drippers as most RTA's simply cant keep up and wick fast enough for the wattage I prefer.
Tomorrow can't come quickly enough, I'm starting to believe trhis tank might restore my faith in RTA's again :D
This morning on a dare :IAMNOTAMUSED: I used the built we discussed 29 fused 7 wraps 2.5mm...I'm currently busy reinstalling my 1st one I mentioned to you above.

This morning on a dare :IAMNOTAMUSED: I used the built we discussed 29 fused 7 wraps 2.5mm...I'm currently busy reinstalling my 1st one I mentioned to you above.

Now you know your going to have to come back in here and share the results with us right..

Now you know your going to have to come back in here and share the results with us right..
That'll have to wait...if I have 2 struggle for 1 more second with another stupid screw using this horrible horrible screwdriver thing, I will post this thing in a PIF thread!!!

Hahahahahaha sounds like you don't have any patience @Steyn777
I do with the normal run of the mill stuff, but when I fail to detect logic in anything it drives me crazy...and when said lack of knowledge starts to inconvenience me as well.....
Also reached a stage where my mind works faster than my right hand can and that's was the proverbial last straw.

Back