Zeus X Mesh Dry Hits

Oceanic Vapes

Rad wicker
LV

Awards
Hi Guys

I desperately need your help, I've watched all online movies and I've wicked my new mesh probably like 15 times. I believe I've got the wicking perfect as there is a lot of wick under the mesh and thin wick just in the top of the filling wholes. i seem to be having problems with the suction in the tank. it seems like my bubbles don't come through. i thought it might be due to the weather making the 70/30 a little thicker? but i have less than a day before i get dry hits. right now i am on 30 watts on a .2 ohm and I'm about to throw this thing against the wall. when i open it there is no gunk on coil and a little burn on wick due to no absorption, hence no bubbles. does any one have suggestions for this specific tank, please

Then I am out of idea's other than upping the resistance. Mesh heats up very quickly and the science is telling me that the juice flow is not keeping up with the rate of vaporization.

Don't have the Zeus, but I'm using a Profile Unity and the cotton really needs to be tucked in tight through the mesh for it to wick properly. If it's a loose fit, you will get dry hits. I even tuck it in tight into the cotton retainer slots without issue, but then I do vape at below 25W.

Have a look at the review and discussions in the thread https://www.ecigssa.co.za/geekvape-zeus-x-mesh-rta-2ml-4-5ml-the-best-mesh-rta-yet.t66194/ .
@LeislB also had a little vid on wicking using normal rolled up Dischem cotton balls in the same thread.
Same as what I use on the Profile with no issues.

Hi Guys

I desperately need your help, I've watched all online movies and I've wicked my new mesh probably like 15 times. I believe I've got the wicking perfect as there is a lot of wick under the mesh and thin wick just in the top of the filling wholes. i seem to be having problems with the suction in the tank. it seems like my bubbles don't come through. i thought it might be due to the weather making the 70/30 a little thicker? but i have less than a day before i get dry hits. right now i am on 30 watts on a .2 ohm and I'm about to throw this thing against the wall. when i open it there is no gunk on coil and a little burn on wick due to no absorption, hence no bubbles. does any one have suggestions for this specific tank, please

How long have you had the tank?.
This might not be your issue but when I have dry hits and I'm sure everything is correct I release the clamps and re-tighten it.

Been using my Mesh X for the past couple of months and recently had the same issue.

What ended up fixing the issue is pressing the coil mesh down a little more and also thinning out the ends quite alot.

Was getting dry hits and opened the tank, loosen the screws and slightly pushed the coil down even more and no issues since.

Only have to wick around once every 2nd or so week and then still taste pretty good.

Guys the problem has been solved, and you won't believe it, it was as simple as 3 different types of cheaper wick, bought CB v2 and all problems sorted, thank you @Stroodlepuff the vids also helped, but didn't work with that cotton.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Guys the problem has been solved, and you won't believe it, it was as simple as 3 different types of cheaper wick, bought CB v2 and all problems sorted, thank you @Stroodlepuff the vids also helped, but didn't work with that cotton.

Glad you came right.

Just got a second Mesh X yesterday, Cotton Bacon Prime, thinned ends and Wotofo A1 mesh coils cut and running perfect!

Glad you came right.

Just got a second Mesh X yesterday, Cotton Bacon Prime, thinned ends and Wotofo A1 mesh coils cut and running perfect!
I have experienced that v2 is better than prime, I also see it all over the net, not sure what they changed in prime but many guys that tested out prime went back to version 2

I have experienced that v2 is better than prime, I also see it all over the net, not sure what they changed in prime but many guys that tested out prime went back to version 2

Yeah i used to use V2, Seems that Prime is a little more compact so needs more thinning out.

Hi guys, maybe this is the right place to post, if not sorry for hijacking the thread.
SO i recently got into RTA's coming from the old all in one coil vapes.
I got myself a zeus x II mesh today, and I cant stop the dry hits. tank is half full, running a 0.17 mesh, at 50 wattt. I have now used three different wicks and still getting dry hits, almost like its not wicking up the juice!
I am lost here. any help please?

Hi guys, maybe this is the right place to post, if not sorry for hijacking the thread.
I got myself a zeus x II mesh today, and I cant stop the dry hits. tank is half full, running a 0.17 mesh, at 50 wattt. I have now used three different wicks and still getting dry hits, almost like its not wicking up the juice!
Here ya go @LeislB 's video on wicking the Zeus X;

If you can post pics of how you cut the cotton and wick we can probably help, you have to wick mesh just right as it is a lot of cotton that must be soaked. I also had one and it's a bit of a learning curve.

If you can post pics of how you cut the cotton and wick we can probably help, you have to wick mesh just right as it is a lot of cotton that must be soaked. I also had one and it's a bit of a learning curve.
thanks sir, of course i did not think to take a pics apart from this one I quickly snapped for a friend.
I followed the geekvape youtube videos etc. my suspicion is my wicking parts of the cotton may be too thick to actually wick properly.
175b212c-a999-4b8a-b6fc-af7e9763b962.jpg

thanks sir, of course i did not think to take a pics apart from this one I quickly snapped for a friend.
I followed the geekvape youtube videos etc. my suspicion is my wicking parts of the cotton may be too thick to actually wick properly.
View attachment 273833
Yes it does look very cramped in there! I cut mine at 45 starting just shy of the mesh, I also combed it out before cutting it to length, wicks must not touch the base, then gently tuck in, always make sure its not compressed at wicking port. You must be able to easily get your tweezers in between the port and cotton

Back