Billow V2 Stainless Steel RTA by Ehpro?

So after having a nice cruising period with the billow v2 this went and happened.

I started getting leaking again and decided to do a full strip down and clean. I do regularly clean the thing but this was a full on disassembly and inspection.

I noticed that the centre post was kinda loose and actually popped out while I was washing it.
Also noticed that the rubber/plastic seal that surrounds the post had started to MELT .

I run this thing conservatively at around 25-29w on an istick.

I re-assembled (now I have to really crank the 510 screw or the post moves) and put a fresh build on.
While heating the coils (26g kanthal 5 wraps 0.4) at 26w - that rubber in the centre actually CAUGHT FIRE.

This seems to be the fatal flaw of the billow, and I believe also the reason people are getting leaks, it's not the wicking, it's liquid running into the airflow chamber through the centrepost seal.

*sadface*

Have you got a photo of that? With that, I'll see if I can wangle some spares for the Billow guys with the next shipment.

That is probably the insulator. You could ask @JakesSA from VapeClub to look if it is not possible to replace it with a PEEK insulator, which can take very high heat.

Looking at the colour of the plastic on deck photos (light brown) floating around the interwebs the Billow does have a PEEK insulator and it is advertised as such, so it is a bit odd. Having said that that, PEEK also has it's limits, +- 250 degrees Celcius.

melt.jpg

cant get a good pic with my phone - but here you can see how the insulator has melted - this billow is ruined now, just leaks non-stop.

also what happens now is if I try and tighten the 510 pin, the center-post just starts to rotate.

Super duper camera on there

Sometimes i find it works better when i hold the camera a bit further away and then zoom in a bit
Then it focuses better. Maybe try that

Not enough light, I'll have to try during the day. No question that this thing is poked now though ;-(

Vid of the centerpost moving when tightening 510 pin.

FYI. For those that feel that the AFC ring is a little loose and would like it tighter.

If you remove the afc you will see a small screw in the base that acts as the stopper for the afc ring. Screw it out a little and place the afc ring back (continue this until desired tightness is achieved).

Or simply flip the ring over. Did it on mine and it's perfect

View attachment 34472

cant get a good pic with my phone - but here you can see how the insulator has melted - this billow is ruined now, just leaks non-stop.

Definitely looks like PEEK, if the centre post's bottom part is round I should be able to make you a new one. Wish I could find mine to see, I think @VapeGrrl must have hidden it, she's a Goblin fanatic and tolerates no competition .. :mad:

Definitely looks like PEEK, if the centre post's bottom part is round I should be able to make you a new one. Wish I could find mine to see, I think @VapeGrrl must have hidden it, she's a Goblin fanatic and tolerates no competition .. :mad:

Thanks - I'd really appreciate that, if this thing can be fixed it'd be awesome ;-)

I'm with @VapeGrrl, Goblins rock! :rock:

But she needs to give the Billow v2 a chance, it's actually pretty ok ;)

Thanks - I'd really appreciate that, if this thing can be fixed it'd be awesome ;-)

No worries, I'll plead with @VapeGrrl to release the Billows from captivity so I can confirm if it's doable and we'll take it from there. Failing that I'll see if I can wangle some out of the manufacturer.

No worries, I'll plead with @VapeGrrl to release the Billows from captivity so I can confirm if it's doable and we'll take it from there. Failing that I'll see if I can wangle some out of the manufacturer.

Excellent, thanks so much! Triple thumbs up!

(p.s as an aside you were tagged in a post about the velocity RDA you stock - can you check that out too please)

So, I've tried the Billow V2 and at first it was ok(ish), but then I started having trouble wicking it. If you don't wick it exactly right then you have to do it over. That can happen a few times in a row and me no like that.
So I modified it. Made the juice channels bigger (wider) as well as the intake holes on the cap that goes over the build deck and Eureka!! I can wick it any way I like and with any build I want and it wicks perfectly now. I can take very long draws as well and the wick never gets dry.
So glad I did this. Now I will keep it and use it. Ehpro should pay ME for fixing their RTA.....lol
Oh, and it doesn't leak at all with the modifications. :)
I don't have pictures because I'm using it constantly now. When empty again, I'll quickly take a few and post here.

I just got my Billow over an hour ago, this is my first step up of a sub ohm since my subtank mini.
Also, I only started building yesterday and I did a 26 gauge 2mm ID with 5 wraps reading at 0.3ohms, this thing is proper power.
I went full stick on my iStick 50w with no problems (subtank could barely manage 30w).
Saw that if you close the air holes it becomes a mouth-to-lung hit but I don't think so... Anyone tried this?

@zadiac Hey Zadiac, is it possible to please post some photos of your Billow build? Got mine yesterday and today i've been getting dry hits... It also leaked but I think that because I over-juiced the coil earlier...

I will when I rewick again. If I unscrew the building deck cap now, I'm gonna ruin my wick and I like it just the way it is now.
Also, my build and wicking might not work on yours because mine is modified. I can besically wick it anyway I like and it will still work perfectly.
As said in previous post, I made the juice channels wider and opened up the juice intake holes on the build deck cap.

Hi everyone. Since i got leaking problem (airflow) for my billow v2, what do you think of my cotton? thanks
20150907_133739.jpg
20150907_133829.jpg

20150907_133739.jpg

Needs to be just right. Not to much wick else you get dry hits. Not to little else it leaks. My last wick and happy bubble to confirm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 34
This is my latest build, did 7 wraps 26g 2mm ID came to 0.3. Had leaking on my previous build but after a day already, this seems to be much much better. Tried spaced coils as this is my 2nd build ever. Flavour is awesome.
cf6a6e87a207888cdfa575c9ee5666e8.jpg
85de9283da37ecb6ba470c51824a2d8c.jpg
d8fa1a0fce43c577daf051dcf510f8b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back