Geek Vape Avocado

The Avo Tank is my defacto desk RTA now... and I say desk RTA because it goes through juice at a rate of knots and I have to refill it all the time... now that (thanks to Olly) I have my wicking sorted the flavour is fantastic. I use Rayon wicks. It's a good looking tank especially with my @hands wide bore drip tip. Single coil alien clapton firing at 40 watts. It is keeping me satisfied for a flavourful XXX vape while I'm fighting (unsuccessfully) with ceramic coils. I think I'm gonna get me a second Avo for Milky Way now.
Avocado.JPG

Two Avocado's came and were picked up in the wee hours of Saturday morning. Set one up with a single Clapton and have been trying it out off and on in rotation with two Target tanks. Thanks again @Rob Fisher for pointing me to the Avo wicking video by Olly.

I mainly bought them for the liquids I normally run, VG Heavy-100% VG, to trade off with the liquids I am mixing 50/50 for the Targets. Have been running them on a Snow Wolf Mini (have a second SWM coming). I am liking the Avo, have tried 3 different liquids in it so far. The cotton wicking has worked flawlessly. Might try some Rayon, but my long, slow lung hits made short work of it in the mech mods. Want to do some build T&E in them, so the second one will either get a dual twisted or parallel build to start.

Two Avocado's came and were picked up in the wee hours of Saturday morning. Set one up with a single Clapton and have been trying it out off and on in rotation with two Target tanks. Thanks again @Rob Fisher for pointing me to the Avo wicking video by Olly.

I mainly bought them for the liquids I normally run, VG Heavy-100% VG, to trade off with the liquids I am mixing 50/50 for the Targets. Have been running them on a Snow Wolf Mini (have a second SWM coming). I am liking the Avo, have tried 3 different liquids in it so far. The cotton wicking has worked flawlessly. Might try some Rayon, but my long, slow lung hits made short work of it in the mech mods. Want to do some build T&E in them, so the second one will either get a dual twisted or parallel build to start.

The Avo is one of the first RTA's that I have stuck with... for some reason I have never been a great fan of RTA's... always found the cleaning and rewicking not to mention recoiling a pain... but for some reason the Avo tank despite the fact I have to fill it every 5 minutes just appeals to me... also the brilliant flavour and clouds make it a real winner! I wish they made one with a much bigger tank reservoir!

I have persevered with the cCell and gCeramic over the weekend and have officially given up on them for now. I have my original perfect cCell coil soaking in PG (has been for 3 days so far) in the hope that I may be able to resurrect it and use that coil until new coils that actually work like the ones that were included with the tank arrive.

The Avo is one of the first RTA's that I have stuck with... for some reason I have never been a great fan of RTA's... always found the cleaning and rewicking not to mention recoiling a pain... but for some reason the Avo tank despite the fact I have to fill it every 5 minutes just appeals to me... also the brilliant flavour and clouds make it a real winner! I wish they made one with a much bigger tank reservoir!

I have persevered with the cCell and gCeramic over the weekend and have officially given up on them for now. I have my original perfect cCell coil soaking in PG (has been for 3 days so far) in the hope that I may be able to resurrect it and use that coil until new coils that actually work like the ones that were included with the tank arrive.

The flavor is not yet where I want it on the one Avo built so far (4th joose in it this morning), but with builds I'll get it figured out so i can run my VG liquids.

As for the Targets mine are both working stellar with an 'included with the tank' coil in one, and an 'extra coil from the two 5X boxes' in the other. I'll start more of the later priming to see if I can find a bad coil in that box and report back. Will do them two at a time in the setup I am using.

@Spydro you won't get as good a flavour with the Avo as with a Target Tank with a perfect coil... nothing comes close to that... that's the part that I am finding so frustrating... the Avo is great... but nothing beats a perfect Litchi Vape like the Target Tank did. I just can't get it back so in the mean time the Avo comes closest. :(

So looking at this tank, it's essentially a new take on the genisis. I liked gennies back in the day - basically an RDA deck with bottom juice. I preferred them to vacuum chimney tanks like the kayfun.

The issue with them was always the leak factor (understandable, given the open access to the juice reservoir). Is the Avo better with this issue?

The chamber reducer seems like a capital idea and I do like the lines with this tank - looks more compact than the aromamizer or griffin and has a larger build deck.

Does anyone know how it compares to, say, the Origenny V1 or V2?

@Spydro you won't get as good a flavour with the Avo as with a Target Tank with a perfect coil... nothing comes close to that... that's the part that I am finding so frustrating... the Avo is great... but nothing beats a perfect Litchi Vape like the Target Tank did. I just can't get it back so in the mean time the Avo comes closest. :(

The Avo's were not bought to compare or compete with the Target's Rob. I got them as an option to run some of my high VG joose on the SWM's that I do not want to water down for the Target tanks. The Avo's will be for various ADV's switched often if they prove they can do it. But once I have two ADV's that I really like in the Targets they will remain in them all the time. If I find a third for the Target, then a third Target tank IF the coils work out. So as long as I can get coils that prime properly for the Target's consistently, they'll see some daily use. If getting good coils turns into a 1 out of 5 proposition they will not, and probably will get relegated to The Big Box instead with all the other no longer used gear once the last of the good coils don't get it done any longer.

I have way too much gear that gets it done for me in spades in the Reos and their atty's to use gear that does not. :)

This is my first gennie @Papa_Lazarou so I have no comparison to make... but I must say it hasn't leaked for me... but it doesn't really get out much because it needs to be very close to my 100ml bottle of XXX... it normally stands upright on my desk and on the odd occasion I take it with on a drive it's upright in my REO cup holder. ;)

The Avo's were not bought to compare or compete with the Target's Rob. I got them as an option to run some of my high VG joose on the SWM's that I do not want to water down for the Target tanks. The Avo's will be for various ADV's switched often if they prove they can do it. But once I have two ADV's that I really like in the Targets they will remain in them all the time. If I find a third for the Target, then a third Target tank IF the coils work out. So as long as I can get coils that prime properly for the Target's consistently, they'll see some daily use. If getting good coils turns into a 1 out of 5 proposition they will not, and probably will get relegated to The Big Box instead with all the other no longer used gear once the last of the good coils don't get it done any longer.

I have way too much gear that gets it done for me in spades in the Reos and their atty's to use gear that does not. :)

Spot on with the Target Tanks being for special ADV's... and yip the Avo isn't a comparison but it has it's own appeal and own flavour producing capabilities that are quite different to the Target... I am in fact thinking of getting another one or two of them for a couple of favourite juices.

Talking about special juices... nothing compares to a REO, Divo and Tropical Ice which still remains my go to setup for the majority of my day! :b1:

Also picked up an Avo at the meet... will build it in a day or so... looking forward to playing! :rock:
ive had my avo for a week now and seriously the flavour even running single coil rocks... man the cloud even is good. dual coil chows juice, but hey i aint complaining ;)

I would like to say that of all the tanks I have ever owned I have fallen in love with the Avocado... yes it's a pain to refill so many times a day but it's simple to rewick and a ready made clapton is simple to install... but for me the flavour is just marvellous... never a dry hit, looks great, good airflow, awesome clouds and really great flavour. And it's a piece of cake to refill!

After fighting with gClaptons and their tight airflow, gCeramics lack of flavour, cCells that are duds, Crown tanks that need a few refills to get rid of the cotton taste, Deviants that get really hot and can't take ones own drip tips the Avo is always there to rescue me!

I also like to say that the Aromamizer Supreme and Gemini RTA are also featuring in the I like them category now that I have upped the wattage to 40 watts!

I want a Theorem badly and I also can't wait for the new ceramic coils that are in bound because I'm hoping they will return the Target tank back to the top of the pile along with the Gemini Ceramic. But until that time the Avo, Supreme and Gemini RTA will keep me happy along with my REO P67 and REO Grand.

Spot on with the Target Tanks being for special ADV's... and yip the Avo isn't a comparison but it has it's own appeal and own flavour producing capabilities that are quite different to the Target... I am in fact thinking of getting another one or two of them for a couple of favourite juices.

Talking about special juices... nothing compares to a REO, Divo and Tropical Ice which still remains my go to setup for the majority of my day! :b1:

Ditto on special jooses. Here it's a Reo (P67 now days), Nuppin' and DIY Wormwood.

I would like to say that of all the tanks I have ever owned I have fallen in love with the Avocado... yes it's a pain to refill so many times a day but it's simple to rewick and a ready made clapton is simple to install... but for me the flavour is just marvellous... never a dry hit, looks great, good airflow, awesome clouds and really great flavour. And it's a piece of cake to refill!

After fighting with gClaptons and their tight airflow, gCeramics lack of flavour, cCells that are duds, Crown tanks that need a few refills to get rid of the cotton taste, Deviants that get really hot and can't take ones own drip tips the Avo is always there to rescue me!

I also like to say that the Aromamizer Supreme and Gemini RTA are also featuring in the I like them category now that I have upped the wattage to 40 watts!

I want a Theorem badly and I also can't wait for the new ceramic coils that are in bound because I'm hoping they will return the Target tank back to the top of the pile along with the Gemini Ceramic. But until that time the Avo, Supreme and Gemini RTA will keep me happy along with my REO P67 and REO Grand.

For me the clear winner so far is the 2 Avo's that do my VG heavy liquids in stride. The Targets with coils that work are stellar with the thin DIY liquids I mixed just for them. But with the possibility that some-many of the coils won't cut the mustard puts them behind the Avocado's for now. I say "possibility" because I have not hit a bad cCell yet. Hopefully the coils that you are getting from the same source that I got mine from with the same lot number will also not have any misses in them. My next Target project is to try a VG heavy joose in a coil that I know is working very good with the thin liquids. Maybe today yet, or tomorrow.

A mate at work has given me an avo to try. Wife and I took off for a weekend away, so I through a simple single clapton into it and out the door we went.

I like this tank. I always liked gennies aside from the attendant leaking, and this thing is a very nice modern take on one. Love the chamber reducer, and since I'd been briefed on how to wick, it's given me no fuss at all. Since I DIY, it was no hassle to bring a 50ml bottle of a nice blueberry yoghurt (which looks like it miiiiiiiight survive the weekend).

Off for sloppy gin & tonics at a jazz bar, so we'll see if it can pass the "Why are you looking at me that way - I am NOT drunk" evening out. These have broken (sometimes literally) many a setup.

Update - the only thing broken last night on my test of the avo was my head, apparently.

Not an officially recognized metric, but just so you know - 3 drinks (big ones, with fruit garnish and all) per tank, that was the ratio. Not sure if I was drinking slow or vaping fast. Prolly vaping fast. Yeah... definitely vaping fast.

Back