Geek Vape Avocado

I have been considering the avo tank for a while now, it looks really awesome. I decided before I buy it I would like to experience what sort of a Vape I would get from it. So I took the derringer atty and drilled 4 wick holes in it, machined an extender for the positive pin, and used the goblin mini glass and o rings. The flavour I'm getting from it is amazing! Definitely gonna get the avo!

That is a sexy looking mod. And I love the logo!

I'm getting clouds for Africa and this will be my cloud blowing tank in this configuration... But I think I need to make some normal coils rather than alien clapton's that need so much power... Flavour is really muted... will try again with another build.
Snapshot_20160308_2.JPG Snapshot_20160308_3.JPG

No sorry uncle Rob u must re do that coil the flavour on the avo is up there

Could not find a dedicated thread for this one. Many comments in the general forums though.

Got mine a day or two ago from Sir Vape. My biggest gripe with RTA's in general is the air slots at the bottom. Invariably some moisture, especially if it stands for some time. The Avocado does not have this problem as the tank is below the coils and the air slots are in line with the coils. Of course, if you lay it on its side it will certainly leak, but not a problem for me as mine is desk bound and always upright.

Took it apart and cleaned with some alcohol pads. To get the tank section separated you need to unscrew the center pin, which also secures the positive post. Only then can you unscrew the bottom metal part.
1edQPCo.jpg

Ready for coiling and wicking.
NHfNmIR.jpg

Decided to go for SS304 for use of the Avocado on the IPV 5. 8 wraps of 26 gauge on a 2.5 mm mandrel gave me 0.55 ohms.
60IJuMp.jpg

First wicked it with ceramic, but that was an epic fail. The ceramic wick does not like a bend and just does not wick properly thus.
oOIDTZJ.jpg

Ok, back to Cotton Bacon V2. Perfect. Filled with high VG Sure Bert (Nicoticket). Great flavour and clouds at 50 J and 300 C.
C2lGl6o.jpg

Also tried it in variable wattage mode. The vape in TC mode is softer, perfect for mindless vaping. In wattage mode it hits a bit harder and was good for me between 30 and 50W.
cxCsIWw.jpg

The air flow can be adjusted from very tight to very open. No problem for me to set it up for MTL.

The Geek Vape Avocado is a keeper for me. It shall join the ranks with my Aromamizer and GEM.

Last edited:
I'm battling with mine... not getting flavour... but will take it to the Vape Meet tomorrow and get one of the experts to do me a build.

Superb writeup @Andre
Thanks
Lovely photos

Now i can feel my fingers getting fidgety looking for the buy button....

Nice review. Excellent pics. Want levels just multiplied by 10. Its only the 11th come ooooon month end... I shall own one before the 1st.

Superb writeup @Andre
Thanks
Lovely photos

Now i can feel my fingers getting fidgety looking for the buy button....

Go for it @Silver, I've already pulled the trigger.

In fact I'm in the process of drowning in genies. Got a Haze Dripper tank, which i'm loving.

Ordered these, Origen Genesis V2 Mk2 6ML, Avocado Genie, Velocity Genie

I tried the avocado this morning from one of my buddies, epic epic flavour and cloud coverage, I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on one.

Sent from my G3 using my finger

Does anyone know why this is called the avocado?

That ipv5 though always been a p4u fan boy. I just need to get over my student budget and stupid expenses for this month and the next. Hopefully there'll be some left! How is the ipv5 treating you @Andre ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ipv5 though always been a p4u fan boy. I just need to get over my student budget and stupid expenses for this month and the next. Hopefully there'll be some left! How is the ipv5 treating you @Andre ?
Early days, but loving it so far. I think Pioneer for You got it right with this one. Stylish, bright screen, intuitive menu, perfect battery cover, solid SS buttons and 510 surround, battery life looks like it might be very good.

I have had a major issue with my avocado. Single coil, dual coils and even quad coils. She is such s beautiful beast that I forgot about my Griffin. That's my issue, the Griffin ID like my wife and the avocado like my mistress.
The avocado brings all the flavors and taste of dripping.. With a tank. And if you learn the wicking trick for dual coils, filling is a breeze. All the while my Griffin sat in her box, neglected until today.
I coiled and wicked my Griffin and I rode her like I stole her. Such a gorgeous tank.
So now I've got the worst problem any Vaper could have... Two world class vaping tanks. And I can't decide between them.

So keep them both. The avo for guilty pleasures and the griff for your daily ride.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

So keep them both. The avo for guilty pleasures and the griff for your daily ride.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk
Hell, the devil himself would cry if he tried to take them from me

Back