Geek Vape Avocado

How do you fill these if you are running dual coil build? Do you pull one of the wicks out every time?

How do you fill these if you are running dual coil build? Do you pull one of the wicks out every time?
From what I have read the best is to use a pointed nipple and just sort of push it into one of the holes alongside the wick.

From what I have read the best is to use a pointed nipple and just sort of push it into one of the holes alongside the wick.
Its the wicking buds, all in the wicking. Stuff ur coil as per normal, the cut the wick vertically that would go into the tank in half up to the coil.
That will give the tank room to breathe and allow you to use pointed drippers in the holes

View attachment 48098
Something like this then?
Yes that should work, but the normal pointed nipples on juice bottle or even droppers should work too. Just squash the wick to the side. And, as @Nightwalker said above, the wick tail going into the tank should be half the width of the wick inside the coil. So, cut your wick tails in half after putting them through the coil. Then you should have ample space in them holes to the tank.

Cool Thanx guys now this is starting to look like a must try tank.

@Nightwalker have you tried the Haze RDA before? I ask because I'm keen on getting the Avocado but I can get the Haze for half the price (R255 - clone)of the Avocado. They both seem to work on the same principle with a tank at the bottom.
I just want to know if it's better than the Haze and why it's better.

@Nightwalker have you tried the Haze RDA before? I ask because I'm keen on getting the Avocado but I can get the Haze for half the price (R255 - clone)of the Avocado. They both seem to work on the same principle with a tank at the bottom.
I just want to know if it's better than the Haze and why it's better.
Two things. I have tried the haze and in all fairness, they are almost equal. I lean towards avo.
Secondly, a clone is never as good as the real thing. I'll fight about the clone thing to the death. They sometimes get it right. But personally, ID go avocado all the way

Two things. I have tried the haze and in all fairness, they are almost equal. I lean towards avo.
Secondly, a clone is never as good as the real thing. I'll fight about the clone thing to the death. They sometimes get it right. But personally, ID go avocado all the way

Thanks for the rerply, I was really hoping you would say the avo is miles better. That would justify (in my mind) the extra cash.
If they are so close maybe I'll just get myself the Haze now and if I like it then come pay day I'll fork out and get an Avo.

I have a Velocity clone by Madao and I have dripped on an authentic (so I was told) Velo and I cannot tell the difference between it and my clone. But I can fully understand your stance on clones because there is no way they are made to the same stringent quality standards that authentic's are.

Does anyone know why this is called the avocado?
Have you ever grown an avo pip/seed with the toothpicks suspended over a bottle of water. The root system looks like the wick in the tank.

This is one reason, I may never buy this tank, that wick in the juice is terribly untidy....just saying

Lol that's classic @WARMACHINE
I know what you mean
Did that avocado pip thing many years ago
Lol

But will it ever be great ?

Old tech, can work, but I suspect the new tank/coil setups are going to be better.

It's as good as any of my rebuildables and in fact may pip most of them. It's the thing that frustrates me no end... each tank needs it's own special build and if you don't have an Olly to help you the tank will never be anything other than average. right now the Avo is over average... but if I had a choice between an Avo and a Target tank there is no question which one.

So I was asked for pictures on wicking. This is my second wicking tutorial, first was the Griffin. Photo quality may be poor. OK. Let's start. Get all ur tool ready. My dual coils are 26g twisted 10wraps 2.5 ID. 0.3ohms20160314_203132.jpg insert first coil then second20160314_204021.jpg insert wicks20160314_204318.jpg then cut in half20160314_204318.jpg tuck wicks in, Scottish style20160314_205125.jpg fire her up. Working well. Don't forget to juice wick.20160314_205210.jpg Then fill her up. Enough space for the pointed dripper. Voilà, avocado ready and sexy

Attachments

• 20160314_203629.jpg
    20160314_203629.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20160314_204647.jpg
    20160314_204647.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 25
Wow I thought the Target Tank used juice... the Avo is a juice piglet! But I have to say it looks good and is one of my more favorite RBA's. And the fact that I have an awesome @hands fat drip tip on top also helps! :D Alien Clapton and wicked properly!
Avo9.JPG

Back