Geekvape ZEUS Tank Coil Build? Best Coil Build?

Getting my Zeus single tomorrow ( I know a bit late to the party :p ).
Have the Zeus Dual and first build was good (less is more as they say) , but realized I'm a single coil kinda guy ....

My personal opinion if a tank/rda can't perform reasonably well with normal wire then I don't know , so will be doing normal flatwire builds in the single & dual and compare. I know I know single vs dual apples with apples ....

All these super fancy coils and k@k makes the conspiracy theorist in me think these hardware makers are purposely designing the tanks so you HAVE to buy a fancy coil to make it shine ... fancier coils = higher watts needed , more juice consumption , dual batt mods , more batts .... see where I'm going with this ? Anyway *rant over* .... :p

Hi @Daniel - Have a look at this:

GeekVape Zeus 24
RTA - Single Coil Build
Wire : Ni80
Type : Framed Staples
@smilelykumeenit
Gauge : 4x0.4mm/2x30/40Ga
ID : 3mm
Wraps : 5.5
Spacing : 0.5mm
Leg Length : 5mm
Mod - VW : G/Vape Aegis 100W Mod
Ohms : 0.34
Watts : 38 to 48
Cotton : Cotton Candy
eJuice : The Vape Guy - Machete
@BumbleBee
eJuice Mix : 60/40
Nicotine : 0mg
Purchased : 26/01/2018
Stored : 4 Weeks
Assembled : 25/02/2018

And still going like the day I set it up - nearly 5 Months ago - and this is on daily rotation - bottle number 3 of Machete - a Coffee Phenomenon from The Vape Guy.
D61FF9A8-9E90-4EF7-A915-103B5D88E557.jpeg

Hi @Daniel - Have a look at this:

GeekVape Zeus 24
RTA - Single Coil Build
Wire : Ni80
Type : Framed Staples
@smilelykumeenit
Gauge : 4x0.4mm/2x30/40Ga
ID : 3mm
Wraps : 5.5
Spacing : 0.5mm
Leg Length : 5mm
Mod - VW : G/Vape Aegis 100W Mod
Ohms : 0.34
Watts : 38 to 48
Cotton : Cotton Candy
eJuice : The Vape Guy - Machete
@BumbleBee
eJuice Mix : 60/40
Nicotine : 0mg
Purchased : 26/01/2018
Stored : 4 Weeks
Assembled : 25/02/2018

And still going like the day I set it up - nearly 5 Months ago - and this is on daily rotation - bottle number 3 of Machete - a Coffee Phenomenon from The Vape Guy.
View attachment 139081
Well shieeet there goes my theory :p

Have you tried looping the wicks down around the portion below the deck?

Has anyone had issues with the top airflow becoming loose? After a couple months it seems to close the airflow with its own weight where before you had to physically turn it to adjust the airflow

Has anyone had issues with the top airflow becoming loose? After a couple months it seems to close the airflow with its own weight where before you had to physically turn it to adjust the airflow

Haven't had this issue, but I'm sure changing the top o-ring will sort this out.

Apologies I've been silent off the forum for a while, chest giving me problems.

So after going back to the Ammit25 for a week or so, I decided to give the Zeus another try.

Attempt #4
I skewed the coil as per @vicTor 's suggestion, thinned more than 60% off the tails, assembled it and immediately started flooding. Opened it back up and was my own fault, due the coils being skew, the wicks were too close to the "air walls".

Attempt #5
Readjusted and trimmed the sides, assembled and still flooded.

Attempt #6
Decided to start from scratch.
Threw out the 3.5mm coil and wrap at 3mm.
Wicked and left more than enough gap between wick and air wall.
Attempt #6 had me thinking I finally hit the jackpot, flavour was beautiful (extremely close to Ammit) and 0 dry hits.
I was on cloud 9 for the past few days, until last night......refilled and she flooded once again.
I did not open the tank once nor did I overfill it.

Needless to say, today the Ammit25 is back on.
Starting to think Zeus and I just don't get along?
This happens to me quite often...this will sound strange but when you refill do it slower.

Apologies I've been silent off the forum for a while, chest giving me problems.

So after going back to the Ammit25 for a week or so, I decided to give the Zeus another try.

Attempt #4
I skewed the coil as per @vicTor 's suggestion, thinned more than 60% off the tails, assembled it and immediately started flooding. Opened it back up and was my own fault, due the coils being skew, the wicks were too close to the "air walls".

Attempt #5
Readjusted and trimmed the sides, assembled and still flooded.

Attempt #6
Decided to start from scratch.
Threw out the 3.5mm coil and wrap at 3mm.
Wicked and left more than enough gap between wick and air wall.
Attempt #6 had me thinking I finally hit the jackpot, flavour was beautiful (extremely close to Ammit) and 0 dry hits.
I was on cloud 9 for the past few days, until last night......refilled and she flooded once again.
I did not open the tank once nor did I overfill it.

Needless to say, today the Ammit25 is back on.
Starting to think Zeus and I just don't get along?
This happens to me quite often...this will sound strange but when you refill do it slower.

So whats the final proper build on this tank. I got a zeus today and find the wicking very difficult. Never struggled like this before. Cottom just touching deck, dry hit, thining out cotton, no flavour. Tried now another method where you wrap cotton tails under the deck. Batts on mod is flat. So waiting for a charge before i try again. Even the OBS dual is a breeze against this atty

Ok so the wicking around the bottom of the desk solves dry hits. But no flavour what so ever

I have to get one of these tanks and take on the challenge of getting the wicking right. I love challenging myself with difficult tanks to wick.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hi @SmokeyJoe have you thinned out the cotton a lot ?h

how high are you positioning the coil ?

a pic would help

regards
I thinned out the legs a lot like a do with the serpent. Tight in the coild diameter with thinned out legs
Current setup:

20180811_145706.jpg
20180811_145700.jpg

Coils is very low
Photos are crap, as my phone is crap

Also Struggling with the single coil Zeus. Just cant seem to get the wicking right. Iv'e watched countless youtube videos, changed coils. Changed cotton, Just can't seem to get flavour,
Also a question, I'm used to dual coils so if my ohms are 0.18 what watts should I be running, tried the normal 50 - 60 watts but get dry hits, lowered the watts to as low as 25w seems fine but get no flavour..

Back