Geekvape ZEUS Tank Coil Build? Best Coil Build?

Thanks, Alex. Just thought I'd move it that way to try and prevent the wick from bending. But will straighten it as well, thank you.

I can understand your reasoning, it's really easy to wick with the bend. Notice the legs. You have to wrap your coil counter clockwise.

check it out

@Humbolt I'm also new to the Zeus and still learning, but I thin out the wick to where it starts feeling crazy and then a little more. I also cut the corners at an angle to make a tie tip like edge hanging between the build deck and the bottom of the juice well. Will take pics on my next re-wick.

PS. I found that with the airflow all the way open, I still get the occasional dryness with chain vaping but with it slightly closed, no dryness whatsoever.

I can understand your reasoning, it's really easy to wick with the bend. Notice the legs. You have to wrap your coil counter clockwise.

check it out
Yip, I do wrap them counter clockwise. I just thought the bend might cause some choking. But as you suggested before, I will straighten out the coil.

@Humbolt I'm also new to the Zeus and still learning, but I thin out the wick to where it starts feeling crazy and then a little more. I also cut the corners at an angle to make a tie tip like edge hanging between the build deck and the bottom of the juice well. Will take pics on my next re-wick.

PS. I found that with the airflow all the way open, I still get the occasional dryness with chain vaping but with it slightly closed, no dryness whatsoever.
Yeah what I do is sometime close the airflow and pull on it to saturate the wicks, maybe closing the airflow a bit will create more suction pressure and help to saturate the wicks more efficiently. Makes sense, will give that a try too as I use it with the airflow wide open.

Hi Guys

So I bought a Geekvape Zeus Tank which is a pretty awesome tank. I used both Coils that came with the Tanks but they are now done, being a SS Coil fan for low Wattage and fast ramp up. Using a 3mm diamiter buid I dont get any flavour from my tank. Which Wire/build/Diamiter would you guys recommend? I have wasted so many coils and cotton trying to get the flavour.

Please Help

Regards Johan
Wuz up guys
Zeuz is an awesome tank. Had a bit of a problem in the beginning with dry hits( very frustrating) and spitting ( burns like a mother f#*cker)
But after some research , I found that wicking it around the base solved the dry hits and some purging solved the spitting. So now its flavor and good clouds all the way.

I got new appreciation for my Zeus single coil today. I always got good flavour, but rarely great. Also suffered from dry hits...

After following the wicking advice on here, this thing is a flavour machine! Tight through the coil and thin out the tails a lot. Also helps cutting them a an angle. I also place my coil as high as possible.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Currently I'm running one of @smilelykumeenit 30/38 Aliens. 0.68 running at 38w.

Ramp up is a bit slow, but make use of pre-heat to get her going. But Flavour for days.

When this coil is done, I think i'll try rewrapping the other coil in the opposite direction to help with the coil leg position.

Hope someone still checks this thread. I need some help and none the wiser after reading through this, as I've tried many things listed here. Back in 2018 when I bought my 1st Zeus I was so impressed that I ended up owning 4 in total. Fell off the wagon and started vaping again in February 2021. Since then I've been chasing the vape I used to get from the Zeus to no avail. I used to vape it with airflow fully open, lots of clouds and flavor. Now I find that I need to close the airflow off to between a quarter to halfway open to get anything decent. Also can't even get to 40W without it going dry or bordering on dry. I have tried exotic coils and plain wire ranging from 0.7 ohm to 0.2 ohm.

I've always centered the coil and wicking i still done the same way, at least I think it is. Once I thinned out the wicks too much and it flooded badly, so no I guess I'm erring on the cautious side. I want a nice full, warm vape from it. So today I played with 20 gauge Ni80. 7 wraps, one on 3.5mm ID and one on 3mm ID. I get a lot of sizzling, especially on the 3.5mm (using Firebolt laces). Currently running a 3.5mm lace in the 3mm coil and the sizzling is less. Flavor isn't bad at all, but I have to stick to 35W.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions for a coil? I have 20, 22 and 24 gauge Ni80 to work with. Also SS, Kanthal and Ni80 in 28 and 26 gauge.
I haven't tried spaced coils yet as I've never really liked them. Also haven't tried wrapping counterclockwise.
A friend suggested I remove a wrap to reduce coil mass as he thinks it's getting too hot with the 7 wrap wire mass and thus being starved of juice. Any thoughts on this?

Really want to get these beauties back in action again.

Regards

7 wrap wire mass and thus being starved of juice

I take it from this you have the coil placement correct which means the cotton has to have a bend in it and this can cause that starvation unless thinned slightly and try not to get the bend too dense with cotton if that makes any sense! Not used for a good while but it was my favourite RTA for a while, I used N80 tri core fused clapton about 0.37ohm (can't remember more details of specs) at about 30w with half airflow, flavour for days!

Nailed it! Screw fancy exotic coils. Using the attached picture for counting, I did a plain 5 wrap, anticlockwise, 20 gauge Ni80 spaced coil. Wicked really really tight with Cotton Bacon v2 and thinned out the tails quite a bit. Winner winner, chicken dinner! Thanks to @Christos and @Intuthu Kagesi for your inputs in sending my mind down this path. Keeping up beautifully at 60W. Can push higher, but at 5mg that is making my head sing a little :D

IMG_20211130_191012.jpg IMG_20211130_191726.jpg IMG_20211130_191729.jpg Screenshot_20211128_131721_com.stasbar.vapetoolpro.jpg

Nailed it! Screw fancy exotic coils. Using the attached picture for counting, I did a plain 5 wrap, anticlockwise, 20 gauge Ni80 spaced coil. Wicked really really tight with Cotton Bacon v2 and thinned out the tails quite a bit. Winner winner, chicken dinner! Thanks to @Christos and @Intuthu Kagesi for your inputs in sending my mind down this path. Keeping up beautifully at 60W. Can push higher, but at 5mg that is making my head sing a little :D

View attachment 245174 View attachment 245175 View attachment 245176 View attachment 245177
Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :ole:
See what happens when you persevere ... Well done man :campeon:

Back