Geekvape ZEUS Tank Coil Build? Best Coil Build?

Ok so i found the issue. It was the kak coils that came with the zeus. Put in my own clapton 3mm coil and now its singing. Thought i was going nuts as i knew my wicking was right

Ok so i found the issue. It was the kak coils that came with the zeus. Put in my own clapton 3mm coild and now its singing. Thought i was going nuts as i knew my wicking was right

cool !

Also Struggling with the single coil Zeus. Just cant seem to get the wicking right. Iv'e watched countless youtube videos, changed coils. Changed cotton, Just can't seem to get flavour,
Also a question, I'm used to dual coils so if my ohms are 0.18 what watts should I be running, tried the normal 50 - 60 watts but get dry hits, lowered the watts to as low as 25w seems fine but get no flavour..

hi the 25w is perfect, it's exactly what I use

how are you wicking ?

Busy playing with coils.
Have a Juggernaut coil in my black Zeus tank. Fluffed out cotton touching the deck.

Build comes out to a .21 ohm running at 58 watts.

Flavour is not bad

Send from this side of the screen

Not too tight in the coil (I prefer my coils raised and slightly spaced), thin and fluff the ends quite a bit, but there should be enough to fill the cut-out space (when you look down on the build deck, otherwise it may flood), and just a wee little tail-end touching the bottom - I have phenomenal flavour on the single deck.

Ok so after 2 days struggeling with the god of olympus. I finally found my happy place. NI80 flat clapton 3mm running at 0.4 ohm at 30w. I did my cotton legs like @vicTor advised. No dry hits. Loads of clouds and flavour

Looks like this tanks wants cotton tight in coil and very very thinned cotton legs. FIY, the braided coils that come with the tank are sh1t. Baie baie kak. Poefies, siesa

Also coiling anti clockwise works better as the coil is more lined up with the wicking ports meaning shorter distance for the juice to get to the coil

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP. This thing is a flavour monster. I now know why there is such a hype. Its actually too much flavour. Bloody hell im impressed

Ok so after 2 days struggeling with the god of olympus. I finally found my happy place. NI80 flat clapton 3mm running at 0.4 ohm at 30w. I did my cotton legs like @vicTor advised. No dry hits. Loads of clouds and flavour
what cotton do you use?
i found the new cotton bacon prime works better in the zeus. solves my problem with the tank

This RTA for me is by far the easiest tank to build a coil on, and re-wicking is a breeze.

Best RTA ever. I really love this one.

This goes against everything that everyone says about wicking the zeus correctly but it works brilliantly. Have been using this method for the last week and must say its been great. Absolutely no dry hits at 50w.

This goes against everything that everyone says about wicking the zeus correctly but it works brilliantly. Have been using this method for the last week and must say its been great. Absolutely no dry hits at 50w.
definitely going to give this a try tonight

I have tried this method and was not that impressed. I still use this method as posted by @Alex and get perfect results every time using a 26g x2 SS316L + 36g Ni80 3mm 7-8 wrap.
Will give each method a try. Switched to cotton bacon prime and already its made a marked difference.

Nearly at my wits end with this tank.
Can't go more than 35w then I get dry hits. Rewick then it's gurgling. Tried fancy coils, simple coils, different cotton, but to no avail.
This latest build seems to be working for now. Parallel 26g SS 0,22 ohm wicked with cotton bacon prime and tails thinned out a lot. Chain vape nearly an eniltire tank with no dry hits at 44w so definitely a marked improvement. Will see how she goes with the next refill.

IMG_20180909_133743.jpg IMG_20180909_133757.jpg IMG_20180909_133929.jpg IMG_20180909_134019.jpg IMG_20180909_134143.jpg IMG_20180909_134246.jpg IMG_20180909_134254.jpg

This pic where your wick on the left looks triangular is good, try maybe trim the other side to also be like this shape. I found it best to trim either from the top or from the further edge of the wick from the wicking channel.
Thanks will give that a go too.

Back