Introduce Yourselves:

Thank you to all for the warm welcome and kind words

Thanks silver
I thought so too… until i joined this site

Daauumnnnnnn!!!
You guys have some nice gear!
And worst part of all is that its contagious, because i came across
this thread called Reoville…. and lets just say I'm on my way to becoming a Reonut

Althou the whole "Mech" thing is new and a bit overwhelming.
Look at the Pico Squeeze as well for an entry level BF mech. And don't be scared of the mech mod thing keep your builds larger than 0.5ohm and use a decent amp rating battery (Sony VTC) and you good to go.

Hi everyone.

Saying hello. Been vaping for a long time, thought I would join this forum. Seems like a friendly place.

Gear?

Favourite mod: Reuleaux RX2/3 running 3 x 18650. Portable: Love the ileaf pico, perfect in my jeans pocket at work, always ready for a quick vape.
Tanks: Smok cloud beast, smoke big baby beast, ijoy limitless I use as a dripper. Two griffin 25s that I'm constantly rebuilding and swearing at when they leak. Other odds and ends.

I dabble a bit in DIY e-liquid. Mostly disasters, but occasionally I get a batch right.

Right now vaping a DIY tobacco/espresso/caramel/brown sugar concoction I brewed myself. Tastes a bit like a new leather shoe, definitely vapable.

I've been around on the forum for a while, but never actually introduced myself.
I, like most, started on a twisp. I'd call my upgrade to the Twisp Aero my start because before that I was still smoking cigs. Then in January this year, I went to Vape Shop and wanted to upgrade. They sold me a Cubis with a Cuboid tank. This was awesome for coming off the Aero. I stuck with this setup for a very long time (well, longer than I've stuck with a setup before). I did a bit of DIY from about March using popular recipies from ELR. From about May I bought a Crius v3 and a build kit with wire and cotton and this is where it all started snowballing. a Crius Plus, Limitless Plus + Mech, Hotcig R150, Joyetech Ultimo, Reo mini, OL16 (with cloudcap), Velocity V2, Leprechaun with a BF Petri, Therion BF with a Transformer RDA, Coppervape BF mod with a Tsunami 24 Plus and a Noisy Cricket thrown in for good measure and here I am. (I forgot to mention all the wires, cottons, batteries, mixing kits etc you pick up along the way). I'm becoming a little more picky with my equipment nowadays so that I only get what I need,
Also, I'm a geek so stuff like this interests me.
My daily drivers are the Therion BF mod with the Transformer RDA and the Limitless Plus + Mech Mod. These vape to my style. the Leprechaun and Petri is amazing, but that's too nice to take out and chuck in the car and in a bag and stuff.
I still play around with my other equipment because juices vape differently in different setups.

This forum is an amazing resource for information. Do a search and chances are that your question has been answered already.

Have fun.

Welcome officially @spiv ! Seen your posts regularly so wasnt sure why your name was in the Intro thread. Lol.
Thanks for the detailed intro. You have been through quite a bit of gear! Sounds like you having fun and still off the stinkies so thats all that counts!
Tell me does the Cricket get any airtime in your vaping schedule? I want one but dont know if I will appreciate it.
All the best from here.

Hi everyone.

Saying hello. Been vaping for a long time, thought I would join this forum. Seems like a friendly place.

Gear?

Favourite mod: Reuleaux RX2/3 running 3 x 18650. Portable: Love the ileaf pico, perfect in my jeans pocket at work, always ready for a quick vape.
Tanks: Smok cloud beast, smoke big baby beast, ijoy limitless I use as a dripper. Two griffin 25s that I'm constantly rebuilding and swearing at when they leak. Other odds and ends.

I dabble a bit in DIY e-liquid. Mostly disasters, but occasionally I get a batch right.

Right now vaping a DIY tobacco/espresso/caramel/brown sugar concoction I brewed myself. Tastes a bit like a new leather shoe, definitely vapable.

Welcome @Johan9779
Great intro
lol on the new leather shoe vape - never heard that before
Enjoy your stay!

Hi guys,

Just a quick intro from my side. I've been a stinky addict for about 15 years. Smoked about a packet every 2nd day. Decided to stop smoking stinky's cause the stench started to irritate me especially when I'm around non-smokers. After sig I would go wash my hands so that people dont have to put up with the unpleasant smell. I still smoke a stinky now and then but I dont buy packets anymore. My wife needs to get off sigs cause its tempting when she smokes around me. Anyhoo, I started going the DIY route about a month/two ago and really enjoy it. Never thought it would become a hobby. I look forward learning from the pro's and thanks for having me here.

I'll be making a few posts very soon.

Cheers
Hi, welcome to the forum. I can relate as I quit a long,long habit over two and a half years ago though the wife still puffs away at will. I have tried to convert her to no avail. I have no desire to smoke anymore what so ever,you'll get there also. I never heard of Camel purple but a simple ry4 w/menthol DIY is an adv for me.The forum has lots of tobacco recipes and I started vapeing on a liquid named Newport which was good.Luck to ya'

Hi there,

Just a quick intro, I'm Fuad, I been vaping for about 5 years, as most of the older vapers, I started with the Ego Vape e-cigs. My collection has grown a bit since then, i'm an experimental vaper (I would vape anything :)) I may not like certain fruits / desserts etc. but I may like vaping it. and I am excited to attend the CT vape meet next month!
@FuadM welcome.You need to be given Veteran status as you have been vapeing longer than many including myself.Keep up the vape and enjoy the forum!

Attention new members

For those of you based in Gauteng, please take note of the upcoming ECIGSSA JHB Vape Meet that will be held on Sat 3 December 2016 in Sandton.

Its going to be lots of fun and there will be some great vendors there on the day.
RSVP for a chance to win super giveaway prizes

Thread is here with all the details:
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-3-december-2016.t30662/

Don't miss it.

jhb-vape-meet-logo-jpg.37410

Hi all,
JP here,a total newbie to the "thread life".

Started with this ecig thing about 2 years ago,got a twisp from a mate,and seeing as I dont smoke in my car this thing was awesome.I drove down to Cape Town a year ago when I moved here and didnt crave a Marlboro once...Then the bugger gave up on me,battery and leaks same time!

About 4 months ago I got a good deal on a Eleaf pico,man was that awesome,but think I almost killed it,vaped that thing so hard it was hot as hell.

A month after buying it I picked up a RX200s with Gemini mega on it,pico was sold in 5mins

Building coils was a completely new issue,but university of youtube prevailed.

Sister spoilt me with a iJoy combo RDTA on the weekend,what a piece of equipment!Currently going on Cinnful cookie and Mixed berries.

Dropped my smoking habit by half the quantity,havent quit yet,but its a start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
JP here,a total newbie to the "thread life".

Started with this ecig thing about 2 years ago,got a twisp from a mate,and seeing as I dont smoke in my car this thing was awesome.I drove down to Cape Town a year ago when I moved here and didnt crave a Marlboro once...Then the bugger gave up on me,battery and leaks same time!

About 4 months ago I got a good deal on a Eleaf pico,man was that awesome,but think I almost killed it,vaped that thing so hard it was hot as hell.

A month after buying it I picked up a RX200s with Gemini mega on it,pico was sold in 5mins

Building coils was a completely new issue,but university of youtube prevailed.

Sister spoilt me with a iJoy combo RDTA on the weekend,what a piece of equipment!Currently going on Cinnful cookie and Mixed berries.

Dropped my smoking habit by half the quantity,havent quit yet,but its a start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome @Jp1905
Congrats on the vaping and halving the smoking!
Great achievement so far. As long as you enjoy it I am sure it will be a matter of time before you put down the stinkies completely.
All the best

Tell me does the Cricket get any airtime in your vaping schedule? I want one but dont know if I will appreciate it.

Actually no. It doesn't get any time. It's so powerful and I don't vape at such high wattages. Increasing the resistance of a build to be high enough to drop the voltage enough (1ohm) is defeating the purpose. I also need way thinner wire to get that without 20 wraps that won't fit in a 22ml atomiser. Also, with squonking, dripping is a pain. And because it's a series mod, you still only get the battery life of a single 18650.

So a single 18650 squonk mod is more up my alley. An aluminum dual parallel battery squonk mod with a 12ml bottle would be my ideal mech mod.

Actually no. It doesn't get any time. It's so powerful and I don't vape at such high wattages. Increasing the resistance of a build to be high enough to drop the voltage enough (1ohm) is defeating the purpose. I also need way thinner wire to get that without 20 wraps that won't fit in a 22ml atomiser. Also, with squonking, dripping is a pain. And because it's a series mod, you still only get the battery life of a single 18650.

So a single 18650 squonk mod is more up my alley. An aluminum dual parallel battery squonk mod with a 12ml bottle would be my ideal mech mod.
Reo is the king of the Hill but there are many alternatives, using the little Pico Squeeze with RM2 and its probably been said but for a budget setup you don't get better. Another good option is the local Paddy Vapes squonker, very pretty and ergonomic.

Thanks for the feedback on the cricket @spiv !

An aluminum dual parallel battery squonk mod with a 12ml bottle would be my ideal mech mod.
Now you're talking!!!
That would be fabulous!!

Thanks for the feedback on the cricket @spiv !

Now you're talking!!!
That would be fabulous!!

Stumbled across this when searching for alternative squonkers :

Todd seems to like it , tried accessing the FB page but seems to have been taken down :( no other info but this will be chicken dinner I think.

P.S if this is the wrong thread then please feel free to move it :)

Stumbled across this when searching for alternative squonkers :

Todd seems to like it , tried accessing the FB page but seems to have been taken down :( no other info but this will be chicken dinner I think.

P.S if this is the wrong thread then please feel free to move it :)

Very interesting thanks @Daniel ;-)

Another good option is the local Paddy Vapes squonker, very pretty and ergonomic

It's amazing. Justin was kind enough to even bottom feed my Petri.

I wonder if I can twist his arm and get him to make a 26650 version?

I like how those Mushroom mods are 3D printed. That's genius... If the right materials are used.

Attachments

• 20161012_195027.jpg
    20161012_195027.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 24
Hi, welcome to the forum. I can relate as I quit a long,long habit over two and a half years ago though the wife still puffs away at will. I have tried to convert her to no avail. I have no desire to smoke anymore what so ever,you'll get there also. I never heard of Camel purple but a simple ry4 w/menthol DIY is an adv for me.The forum has lots of tobacco recipes and I started vapeing on a liquid named Newport which was good.Luck to ya'

Thanks. Attached is a pic of the Camel Double with Purple flavour. Might be a different name where your from. The single flavour one is Camel Activate purple. If one of the guys here could maybe ask someone they know smoking the same siggy, to give them one to try figure out what flavour it is. Dont have to light it tho, just pop the bubble and taste.

Attachments

• IMG_20161119_170916.jpg
    IMG_20161119_170916.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 17
Thanks. Attached is a pic of the Camel Double with Purple flavour. Might be a different name where your from. The single flavour one is Camel Activate purple. If one of the guys here could maybe ask someone they know smoking the same siggy, to give them one to try figure out what flavour it is. Dont have to light it tho, just pop the bubble and taste.
Interesting how the tobacco companies are climbing on the band wagon what do you think is in that little ball? No questions being asked of the content yet vaping is being ostracized.....

It's amazing. Justin was kind enough to even bottom feed my Petri.

I wonder if I can twist his arm and get him to make a 26650 version?

I like how those Mushroom mods are 3D printed. That's genius... If the right materials are used.
I'll help with the twisting.... Really Think a mod like that would be chicken dinner...

To add to that a 25mm atty would probably blow this whole thing out the water...

That's a new one on me,but I don't pay attention so much now that I quit. Is the purple a grape thing?If I happen to run across one I will take a drag to satisfy my own curiosity and get back to you.

That's a new one on me,but I don't pay attention so much now that I quit. Is the purple a grape thing?If I happen to run across one I will take a drag to satisfy my own curiosity and get back to you.
Not sure if it's grape, that's why I need someone else to test it. My palates is f'd up from the years of smoking stinkies.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Did online search and it says the capsule adds a cherry flavor.

Back