Introduce Yourselves:

Most welcome to the forum. All the best with you vaping journey. It is great fun. Interact here all you like! The only dumb questions here are the ones not asked. Happy vaping.
Thank you Andrè for the warm welcome, I will absolutely keep that in mind on my vape journey.

Welcome @Bunnypoison
Lots to learn from many experienced and helpful vapers here
As Andre says above, feel free to ask questions as you go along
Enjoy your stay and all the best
Thank you Silver, I am looking forward to milking the knowledge of those on the forum and hope to be able to contribute some wisdom on other noobs down the line :)

Hi All
My name is etienne from Pta
I am on a twisp that is frustrating me and going to try and source the kangerteck starter kit or good second hand kit

Hi All
I am on a twisp that is frustrating me and going to try and source the kangerteck starter kit or good second hand kit

Welcome to the forum @glitter012
Perhaps try get to a vape shop in your area (there are a few in Pretoria) and try before you buy
Well worth it before you discover what type of vape you like
All the best

Hi All
Welcome @glitter012 !

Have a look through the classifieds section, there are some good deals floating around there. If you're going to go new, have a look at the Pico kit, great value for money. I hope you come right, feel free to ask away!

Thanks silver
I have already done that but it seems that my knowledge and their intention does not line up
I was advised on an Uwell crown and a Minikin 2.0 as a starter but it does not sound right .... R1600 + R600 without batteries for a starter

Thanks Stosta
That is a great start as stated above .. Ill have a look .. Tx

Hi All

Welcome Etienne,
As @Stosta said, try before you buy.
Make sure to give the Pico75w kit a go.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

How does this device compare to the kangerteck kit suggested ? R600 jobby

Thanks silver
I have already done that but it seems that my knowledge and their intention does not line up
I was advised on an Uwell crown and a Minikin 2.0 as a starter but it does not sound right .... R1600 + R600 without batteries for a starter

If you want to spend around that much, I would look at an Alien kit.
No one here has had anything bad to say about them.

If you're on a budget, Pico all the way.
Either way you can't go wrong.
Happy hunting and keep us posted

The rest of the peeps here can correct me if I'm wrong

How does this device compare to the kangerteck kit suggested ? R600 jobby
The Kanger stuff can be a bit hit-and-miss in terms of quality, but from what I've seen the Pico has a really great track record and is very popular on here.

The Minikin V2 and Crown is a killer setup, but you don't have to blow that much money off the bat, I would recommend starting off smaller.

I completely agree with stosta.
And yes, that's the one.
Keep asking quetions till you find something that makes sense to your brain, and wallet.

Thanks to everyone for you help ...
Decided on the following
Eleaf I power 80w Tc R880 from the vapery in montana Pretoria
With Ultimo ceramic tank R599 from Vapeking ..

Thanks to everyone for you help ...
Decided on the following
Eleaf I power 80w Tc R880 from the vapery in montana Pretoria
With Ultimo ceramic tank R599 from Vapeking ..
Not bad at all! Let us know how you find them!

Happy New Year everyone and may we all make heavier clouds than weather in JHB.

After 30+ years of heavy smoking( 2.5 to 3 packets a day), I was introduced to vaping in October 2015 and never looked back.

Starting with Protank 3 Mini, Evod battery and Liqua RY4 18mg was enough to pull me away from cigarettes.
Shortly after I fell into DIY rabbit hole (Liqua was just killing my throat). PT3 Mini couldn't keep up with high VG juice so, Protank 4 and Velocity 2 (clone) came into the play. Soon after Gemini 22, Avocado 22, Griff.... Never-ending story ( if I list everything my better half would probably kill me and sell everything back on this forum).

Apologies to Silver and the others for long overdue introduction, but I was always better with toys than words (or maybe just too lazy :think:).
And many thanks to everyone for all of the great tips that I've found around here and also for letting me get some good hardware for even better prices.
Regards
Alex

After 30+ years of heavy smoking( 2.5 to 3 packets a day), I was introduced to vaping in October 2015 and never looked back.

Starting with Protank 3 Mini, Evod battery and Liqua RY4 18mg was enough to pull me away from cigarettes.
Shortly after I fell into DIY rabbit hole (Liqua was just killing my throat). PT3 Mini couldn't keep up with high VG juice so, Protank 4 and Velocity 2 (clone) came into the play. Soon after Gemini 22, Avocado 22, Griff.... Never-ending story ( if I list everything my better half would probably kill me and sell everything back on this forum).

Apologies to Silver and the others for long overdue introduction, but I was always better with toys than words (or maybe just too lazy :think:).
And many thanks to everyone for all of the great tips that I've found around here and also for letting me get some good hardware for even better prices.
Regards
Alex
Welcome Alex! Glad you decided to jump into the bear pit with us!

Last edited:

Regards
Alex

Welcome to the forum @alex1501
Congrats on the vaping and the great journey you have had so far!
Your words are great!!! (must have been laziness then)
Not to worry - great intro and thanks for taking the time to do it.
Enjoy your stay. We have a great place here

Regards
Alex
Welcome @alex1501 seems you are already a hardened vaper and will be an asset to the forum. Glad to have you part of this fantastic community

Howzit everyone.

I'm from sunny old Durbs. Been lurking here for a bit but unfortunately did not find the time until today to introduce myself. Been smoking since the age of 13 and been vaping on and off for the past decade or so. The past few months have been very interesting (and costly) delving into the new world of vaping with its powerful devices, tanks, DIY, etc. Unfortunately still on the stinkies (those damn after meals cravings get me everytime) albeit approximately 3 a day down from 35 a day. I'm feeling nostalgic today and also not in the mood for work so pics it is if you will be so kind to indulge me...

Started on this:

ecs p1.JPG
Then on to this:

ego_t_ce5_ecigs_gift_box_mod_ego_ce5_e_cigarette_starter_kit.jpg

Then to this:

1002736924_1_644x461_twisp-clearo-johannesburg.jpg

Then to this:

EGO_AIO_BOX.jpg

Then to this:

iStickPico-Mega-Slide.jpg

Now on this:

b1c92ab15d724d47ab668750ffd44f1a_ori.jpg

Also ended up getting these:

twisted-rda-gold-2.jpg
OBSENG-2.jpg

And what I want but don't really need are these:

minikinred4_1024x1024.jpg vapepro.png

In terms of DIY I have spent a small fortune already however I have quickly learned from my mistakes and mixing up a storm whilst at the same time stealing kitchen space and time from the wife. Lol. She is also trying hard to get off the stinkies but is also struggling unfortunately.

I hope I find the time to spend more time on this forum and from what I can see it is really a great community going on here. Kudos to the founders, admins, members, etc.

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:
Back