Joburg Vapers #2

I have asked a few venues and will advise on the different options once they have all confirmed

Options are as follows:

• Alibi - as stated earlier
  • Brazen Head in Leaping frog - they can give us the Wine Cellar (I think this is indoors, waiting for them to confirm)
  • hogshead Douglasdale - Closed off lounge area with outside and inside tables for our use
  • Rodizio - Leaping frog, Upstairs area - indoors
No response yet from Outer Limits and a few others but that is where we stand so far

Alibi sounds great. I have spent too many evenings at Outer Limits, and that place just seems like dodgevile to me. Alibi get my vote

i don't know any of those...as long as it is not indoors, locked away, its all good. can you imagine what the place looks like when all of us chase clouds? :D

I dont mind really - no real preferences from my side...
Thanks for going to all the effort @Stroodlepuff.

Ok guys details have been finalised:

01/02/2014 at 14:30
Venue: The Alibi
Shop 20, Waterford Shopping Centre, Corner Witkoppen & Nerine Drive, 2055 Johannesburg, Gauteng

Reason we chose the Alibi over the other venues is because it is the only one of the venues which was willing to give us an outside section.

Outer Limits never did get back to me and I didnt want to waste anytime to make sure we got a booking.

It is a cash bar, we will sort out platters on the day as snacks for everybody.

Once again vendors are welcome to bring products, we wont have a set table for vendors however you are welcome to bring products if anybody requests to see an item.

We are looking at bigger better venues for future events where vendors will be able to have their own tables etc and we will keep you guys updated when these come along but for the meantime we are not doing expos we are doing meetups for people to sit back relax and enjoy their vape and compare gear.

yeah!! Go @Stroodlepuff !! :D Michelle and I are super excited!! Im glad its the 1st, would have killed me if we had to wait 2 weeks for the meet! I want it to happen tomorrow! Lol

* Vendors you are welcome to invite your customers aswell - we have made the booking for 40 people but they said they would accommodate should there be more

Now I am really sad .. gonna miss this one too .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the vape meet 2nd edition! Thx @Stroodlepuff for all the efforts to organize it!!! This is a winner. :)

Thanks so much

- will be great fun to see all the vapers again and meet some new faces

Our description of a Vape Meet used on the Vape King site for vendors who would like to invite customers:

What is a Vape Meet?

A vape meet is a meeting where we gather together almost like a social club but also one of support. We chat about hardware, liquids, mods, laws, life, family, and anything else that comes to mind. The topics of conversation surround vaping but nothing is off limits and everything is allowed.

Who attends a vape meet?

Vapers from all walks of life attend our meets. We have white collar business men, leather bound bikers, attorneys, law enforcement and everyone in between. The www.ecigssa.co.za Vapers are a family where everyone is welcome at the table.

Hi Derick :)

Yes they are, just double confirmed with them and their response was Kids are most certainly welcome :) Maybe just bring their DS's with again to keep them entertained?

Hi Guys

Can I ask a favor, if possible can all the people attending join the event on Facebook here will just help us to keep track of who is coming a bit easier, feel free to invite friends to the event aswell lets try make this one huge :)

Hi Derick :)

Yes they are, just double confirmed with them and their response was Kids are most certainly welcome :) Maybe just bring their DS's with again to keep them entertained?
So does that mean I can bring my PS vita too? :)

Thanks Stroodle, you can count us (plus 2 kids) in , cya there!

Coils are built, batteries are charged, 5 Pawns is breathing. Roll on Saturday.

Not everyone is showing they will there on the Facebook page, then lets just double confirm here. I am basing it off who is on the facebook page. If you didnt join the facebook event please help me add your name here:

Gizmo
Stroodlepuff
TylerD
Alex
Alex GF
Tom
Derick
Melinda
JB1987
Marnus
Rhaine
DevDev