Limitless XL

Well as i suspected. Cold... open topfill with airflow open no problems.

Fire it up and it leaks inmediately when opening topfill. (Conclusion: basically... when liquid thins due to heat soaking the coil does not hold the liquid with airflow open)

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

My motto is always expect leaks when refilling with these kayfun hybrid decks. It's a giant Orchid with amazing wicking ability but yeah it's no juice flow control makes it less appealing.

Still an insane performer.

My favourite part of this tank is the deck size and the swooshy airflow, the turbine fan bottom airflow chamber is gimmicky but surprisingly good.

@BigGuy, that wicking video still on its way?, could use some expert help on this side. The pre-made bling coil is not the problem but i am struggling with the single coil deck. Have not tried the dual coil yet. Guess it would leak twice as fast... although that would not be possible. Clearly I lack some know how.

@BigGuy, that wicking video still on its way?, could use some expert help on this side. The pre-made bling coil is not the problem but i am struggling with the single coil deck. Have not tried the dual coil yet. Guess it would leak twice as fast... although that would not be possible. Clearly I lack some know how.
Thise videos already posted on SirVape channel.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Wicking the Limitless XL - The short version without the waffle.. (Well, a lot less at least.)

Coil.JPG
Start with a nice new coil. This one is 26G SS316L ID 3mm with 7.5 winds coming in at 0.69 Ohm.

Long Wick.JPG
Pull wick through. Don't be shy, on the right the original wick was about 5 to 6 mm. A tightish fit that pulls on the coil but does not distort it.

Short Wick.JPG
Chop the long coil to about 2mm longer than the atomiser base.

Fluf.JPG
Fluff the ends separating all strands. Don't worry about some coming off, they did not want to be there in any case.

Gather.JPG
Gather the ends vertically to make this distinctive bowtie shape.

Chop.JPG
Now cut the bowtie ends level with the atomiser base. Note the height of the top bowtie pieces.

Insert.JPG
Insert the bowties into the juice holes starting by inserting the bottom pieces first.

Bubble.JPG
The wick should now form a bubble on top of the juice hole. The centre of the bowtie actually does not enter the juice hole at all.

Primed.JPG
Prime and assemble the tank.

Filled.JPG
Fill to the brim. No leaks and enough time to take a pic leaving the tank open.

Thanks to @BigGuy and @Rob Fisher for their guidance on teaching me the above.

Cheers

Attachments

• Insert 2.JPG
    Insert 2.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Primed 2.JPG
    Primed 2.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 20
So if im not mistaken (i own a tfv8 and really want to buy this tank) the tfv8 and this tank is basically the same and will be useless to buy this if you have a tfv8? Im still new and want to try different types of tanks to gain experience, and dont want similar tanks yet, before trying different types... if that makes sense

coil-jpg.71874

Start with a nice new coil. This one is 26G SS316L ID 3mm with 7.5 winds coming in at 0.69 Ohm.

Coil looks upside down, you'd save some fiddle bending out the legs if you'd wrapped it anti-clockwise.
Nice tut, great pics.:nod:

So if im not mistaken (i own a tfv8 and really want to buy this tank) the tfv8 and this tank is basically the same and will be useless to buy this if you have a tfv8? Im still new and want to try different types of tanks to gain experience, and dont want similar tanks yet, before trying different types... if that makes sense

@Renoster, I do not know the Smok TVF8 very well. It was an option to buy some time ago but I went with the OBS Crius instead. I do believe the Smok is a 22mm tank where this is a 25mm. This makes this build deck huge even when using the double coil deck which is also included in the box. The air intake being right underneath the tank, causing vapor to condensate on the top of my mod is my only gripe with the XL. Plenty clouds and flavour with juice consumption to match.

Hey guys
I've been using the limitless XL for quite a while, and boy this tank is a cloud machine of note. Also, the flavour is just awesome off of it. I've heard that a few people have encountered leaking problems, and I can safely say that the cotton is just not enough. I have had the same problem in the past where the juice just POURS out after opening the airflow. However, the solution is to actually PACK and STUFF the cotton down into the juice channels. Unlike other tanks where you'd have to be careful with wicking, this tank really needs a ton of cotton in order for it not to leak.

Hope this helps anyone having that leaking problem :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back