OBS Crius RTA

I don't know what I've done wrong, but mine is leaking like the niagara falls - it must be a wicking issue. However looking at the all the wicks done on the crius my wicks look similar to those done by people stating they have no leaking problems.
You closing the juice holes when refilling?

You closing the juice holes when refilling?

Yes sir, but it started happening when I changed wicks, so i immediately assumed it must be the wicks. Then I re-did the wicks, but still the same thing. I'm still pretty sure it is the wicks, hoping and praying I didnt break anything while changing wicks, so it must be the wicks and not a broken positive contact point. It doesn't leak out of the airflow hole, but it leaks between the airflow hole and the juice control. So it is that little slither of a crevice that it is leaking from. But it leaks a lot.

Yes sir, but it started happening when I changed wicks, so i immediately assumed it must be the wicks. Then I re-did the wicks, but still the same thing. I'm still pretty sure it is the wicks, hoping and praying I didnt break anything while changing wicks, so it must be the wicks and not a broken positive contact point. It doesn't leak out of the airflow hole, but it leaks between the airflow hole and the juice control. So it is that little slither of a crevice that it is leaking from. But it leaks a lot.
This is pretty ironic! You're problem seems to be that you can't close the gap between the glass and the base, and my problem is that I can't open it no matter how hard I try! Just check that the chimney part is properly attached to your glass. To me it sounds like that might be your leak point.

This is pretty ironic! You're problem seems to be that you can't close the gap between the glass and the base, and my problem is that I can't open it no matter how hard I try! Just check that the chimney part is properly attached to your glass. To me it sounds like that might be your leak point.

That actually seems to be the problem, because I can see a bubble at the base, where the glass meets the base. I'm going to try fasten it, but I think I need to drain the fluid first. Thanks for the help man really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
k no more leaking, it was the glass that was loose, thanks so much Stosta. My problem is solved :). Really hope your glass doesn't give you issue's.

I replaced my glass once tight can not open it again :( I like to take everything apart to clean, that being said my crius is leaking today between the airflow ring and the juice flow ring. I will wick again and see if that solves the problem.

I replaced my glass once tight can not open it again :( I like to take everything apart to clean, that being said my crius is leaking today between the airflow ring and the juice flow ring. I will wick again and see if that solves the problem.

Had the same issue last night used a rubber vape band on each side of the tank to get traction and it came loose.

Lol was backtracking through this thread and saw that others have used the same method :)

Last edited:
I remember my subtank mini had the tightness issue. popped it in the freezer for a few hours and it unscrewed easily.

See, I have a memory problem. Lol.... I popped it in there after I got my first rda. So I got busy with that. Lol.
You just want me to be in a position where I'm having to buy another Crius right? ;)

Ok so finally decided to take the Crius out of it's box and give it a bash...

Very happy with this tank works well, desk is relatively easy to build on as long as you are mindful of the narrow chimney.
Decided to go with dual 23+30G Claptons , my reading is 0,20ohms. Excuse the roughness of the build its my first clapton wire attempt.

Got great flavour wow, its the first thing that hit me! and the clouds are pretty impressive too.

dldgfa.jpg

jgsyda.jpg

lhfbpa.jpg

qdpgma.jpg

What ID is best for these tanks? 2mm is great for airflow but wicking gets slow. I want to go 3mm but it's just working too well.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

It the continual quest for the perfect tank the latest acquisition of mine is the OBS Crius RTA.

It's a good looking tank... the build is so simple and was a piece of cake. I forgot to close off the juice holes and airflow when filling the tank the first time so that was a bit of a fail. The first tank went down really fast and I guess that's why the flavour is as good as it was. Unfortunately it seemed to leak badly... I'm not sure if it was because of the initial fail or this is just a leaky tank... time will tell. I have refilled it again and this time I closed off the juice and air holes and so far so good.

I have dual coils in it (used the coils it came with) and the resistance is 0,3Ω and I'm firing at 40 watts. I have wicked with Rayon which is pretty much all I use these days.
View attachment 41267 View attachment 41268

I prefer my own drip tips and find that the vapour flow is concentrated across my tongue and gives a better flavour... and this is the same in all the tanks I have tried.
View attachment 41269

Not sure if the fact that the wick is brand new but the flavour is right up there with my other favorite (the Bellus) and maybe be even better.

This is just the first few hours with the Crius... let's see how we go over a few days!

Thanks for mentioning "coils it came with" it made me explore a bit more and i found the secret compartment at the bottom :) To date this is the best RTA I have played with. One 1 tank of juice through but so far so good, no leaking.

Thanks for mentioning "coils it came with" it made me explore a bit more and i found the secret compartment at the bottom :) To date this is the best RTA I have played with. One 1 tank of juice through but so far so good, no leaking.

Yip this tank has continued to impress despite trying plenty of other tanks!

Rebuilt and rewicked last night , this time less wick in the holes and am even happier that with the previous build.
Everytime i rebuild and get better at the wicking on this tank i am blown away.

My last post i rated the clouds as impressive, with the new wicking (less is more) I am blowing killer clouds almost on par with my TFV4 :dance:

Really loving this tank :h:

Rebuilt and rewicked last night , this time less wick in the holes and am even happier that with the previous build.
Everytime i rebuild and get better at the wicking on this tank i am blown away.

My last post i rated the clouds as impressive, with the new wicking (less is more) I am blowing killer clouds almost on par with my TFV4 :dance:

Really loving this tank :h:

Please post a pic. I get dry hits now and then on high watts

Please post a pic. I get dry hits now and then on high watts

Hi there, not a single dry hit since last night, so let's hope it lasts...
Mines all built and i didn't take any pics but i followed the method in the vid below.
I cut the wick at an angle instead of straight across with the tail going into the hole.

I haven't gone over 44 watts tho...

Wicking starts from 10:31 on the video below...

Good luck !

Bro im still waiting to check out your vertical build, I tried it and its not working well for me
Haven't wicked it actually. Been a bit hectic this and sick with flu. Tonight! Tonight!

Lol. I love this tank Hey. Honestly, bellus and crius. I just love em.
just to go off and on topic - I love both of those precious tanks too -> today i got to add the Zephyrus v2 to my collection - from all that I've heard and read about it - this beast should be able to surpass it's fellow tanks -> Tell you hot to God of gentle winds doess soon :D

Back