OK,gotta say it,know I'm gonna get nailed!!!!!

So I was quite excited today when I chatted to fellow vaper and he said to me, quite nonchalantly, "Oh, I smoke a Reo, Let me get it" I had not seen one as yet, being relatively new. He handed the device over, and my first instinct was, damn that thing is ugly!! Now I know I'm starting something here, but I really don't like the look of them!! I know everything is subjective, but generally I agree with most people on Vaping gear, but this just does not do it for me. Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the Reo is the FIAT Multipla of the Vaping world. Practical but not so pretty!!!!!!!!! Even the pimped out ones look a little OTT, and the lengths that some people go to, to try and make them look good. Wow!! Sorry if I offend, but I've gotta get it out.
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's honest. I like it. I do agree that the grand is not the prettiest. The mini on the other hand when you get the color combination right is beautiful.

But this is something that is purely based on preference. Your opinions therefore are do not offend but just provides a different perspective

Funny how the Reo is always the device everyone that doesn't own one, tries to hammer down.
I think we need to start focusing on hammering everything we personally don't like.

Different people like different things. If you don't like the look of the Reo, don't get one. Simple init. I personally do not think your setup is the prettiest either.

I say tomato you say potato. :-D

At the end, you are not on cigarettes anymore and neither am I. We got there on different paths, but with the same destination.

Vape on brother!

Reasons why I don't have a Reo [yet]

1. The cost .... ouchie
2. The fact that it will ruin all other mods for me (I like variety)
3. The styling .... it looks too ordinary

Now that those points are out of the way I must say that it does seem like a pretty good option for a no mess no fuss go anywhere vaping device, and I do like a dripper type vape over tanks. So many Reo users can't be wrong, it's statistically impossible. If this was a new car buy I would be leaning more towards the Land Rover Defender than the Toyota Prado, at the end of the day I need something I can use, but I'd also like something I can sit back and stare at thinking...."Damn, that's gorgeous".

OK, I'm going in circles here.... I'm clearly a "draadsitter"..... please ignore me :rolleyes:

Reasons why I don't have a Reo [yet]

1. The cost ....

That is it, no other reason... But its my birthday in 14 days, so hopefully i can get one then! :D

Yeah the Reo fund is growing ever so slowly. What is also taking a bite out of the Reo fund is all the other gadgets that keep ordering. :rofl:

I don't own a Reo (on my list, but admittedly not at the very top coz I have a few staples to get first).
My "day-job" involves an unhealthy obsession with design and aesthetics so I'm gonna weigh in on that front, even though I'm not a Reonaut.
IMO it's not so much an "acquired taste" as an appreciation for how it looks relative to how it works and what it has been designed to do. A sort of utilitarian beauty - you know, "form follows function". It looks the way it does as a direct result of what it does and how it does it, no more and no less. No frills and decorations. At least, out-of-the-box and pre-customisations that is. Reonauts seem fiercely loyal so I'm guessing it does what it does pretty damn well. My experience was also brief, but good. Personally, I think its a Grand looking device (see what I did there ;) ). I'd get the Lightweight Grand, low profile, plain aluminium model with a brass RM2 and button cap. So simple. I have a SMPL on my list for similar reasons!

I don't own a Reo (on my list, but admittedly not at the very top coz I have a few staples to get first).
My "day-job" involves an unhealthy obsession with design and aesthetics so I'm gonna weigh in on that front, even though I'm not a Reonaut.
IMO it's not so much an "acquired taste" as an appreciation for how it looks relative to how it works and what it has been designed to do. A sort of utilitarian beauty - you know, "form follows function". It looks the way it does as a direct result of what it does and how it does it, no more and no less. No frills and decorations. At least, out-of-the-box and pre-customisations that is. Reonauts seem fiercely loyal so I'm guessing it does what it does pretty damn well. My experience was also brief, but good. Personally, I think its a Grand looking device (see what I did there ;) ). I'd get the Lightweight Grand, low profile, plain aluminium model with a brass RM2 and button cap. So simple. I have a SMPL on my list for similar reasons!
Ah, now I know why I have been so drawn to the SMPL despite not having owned a tube device for a long time. The new Reo resins on the horizon also intrigues me.

Retro-chique! Lol, looks like something from the 1960's.

Regardless of brand, a bottom feeder is an ADV evolutionary rite of passage noobs won't understand. For me the functional practicality outweighs the looks.

My 2c

I dont think it is a rite of passage thing, i was one of the very fortunate members of this forum that got a lot of help along my vaping journey. I got PIFF'ed a Nemmi at the start of my journey and one of the first questions i asked was .. how do i know when the battery is flat. I got the answer that i will know in the vape when it is time for a new battery.
Where i am going with this, there is some small things you pick up along your vaping road, how to know when to change battery, how to make a micro coil, how to position it for the best flavour, how to position it for a better TH. Little things like this. If you give a new vaper a Reo he will ten to one not enjoy it.
Even when i was told with the Spinner you will taste the difference at different power. As a new vaper i could not, Now i realize it was my taste buts that were half dead.
Then i got my fist VW mod and i started to understand what they meant by tasting with more or less power. I now understand what the coil ohms does to increase or decrease the power
I think by the time you are thinking of a Reo you must at least have a ADV and know the basics of coiling and understand batteries and power to get the best from your juice. If you dont have an ADV you will be coiling a lot or you will not enjoy this road
As for looks, what do they say .. less is more :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one more thing the Reo has going for it...even among vapers it's a real conversation starter ;)

Love it, or hate it, you just can't ignore it :D

If ever there was a post deserving of a fine....this is it.....Ahem @Rob Fisher ...:p

On a more serious note....I do not own a Reo but have tried quite a few. As far as I am concerned you do not get a better vape than a Reo......some may arguably match it in dripper form but it is not a dripper (and yes I did try dripping and driving and it was nerve wrecking). In my opinion it is the smaller dripping chamber of the Reo that makes it tops - no other dripper can match it without going sub-ohm. Try a 1 Ohm coil in a Reo and then try a 1Ohm coil in any other dripper on a mech mod - the Reo beats it hands down. I agree that sub-ohm you can beat it but it is so annoying having to top up juice every 2nd or 3rd drag never mind the poor battery life. With the Reo you do not need to go sub-ohm and therefore battery life is also a bonus.

In a nutshell it is an overpriced not very good looking but unmatched device in my opinion. The only reason I do not have one is the cost and all my efforts for the last 10 months have been on DIY mixing and my Aqua has kept me happy thus far with a flawless flavourful performance. I only really pull out the drippers these days when evaluating juices (I try the same juice at 1.2 and 0.4 Ohms).

If ever there was a post deserving of a fine....this is it.....Ahem @Rob Fisher ...:p

On a more serious note....I do not own a Reo but have tried quite a few. As far as I am concerned you do not get a better vape than a Reo......some may arguably match it in dripper form but it is not a dripper (and yes I did try dripping and driving and it was nerve wrecking). In my opinion it is the smaller dripping chamber of the Reo that makes it tops - no other dripper can match it without going sub-ohm. Try a 1 Ohm coil in a Reo and then try a 1Ohm coil in any other dripper on a mech mod - the Reo beats it hands down. I agree that sub-ohm you can beat it but it is so annoying having to top up juice every 2nd or 3rd drag never mind the poor battery life. With the Reo you do not need to go sub-ohm and therefore battery life is also a bonus.

In a nutshell it is an overpriced not very good looking but unmatched device in my opinion. The only reason I do not have one is the cost and all my efforts for the last 10 months have been on DIY mixing and my Aqua has kept me happy thus far with a flawless flavourful performance. I only really pull out the drippers these days when evaluating juices (I try the same juice at 1.2 and 0.4 Ohms).
Dripping and driving is very nerve wrecking lol

The las of using a dripper doesn't appeal to me, if I should get one, it will only be for home use.

My reo is my daily workhorse (it's the ONLY mod I own right now, and I'm happy)

Ease of use
Convenient
Does the job excellently

The way the vaping world is progressing now, box mods are surely at the forefront

I for one think the reo is a great looking device compared to other box mods out there

As for the price, remember guys, this is an authentic mod, not a clone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mostly agree, except for the overpriced part.

The price is cheap if you take a few things into consideration. It's an Original device, that will still function as intended for years to come. And no matter the age, you can send it back to reosmods for a "rebuild".

Hmmmm....I cannot but agree with you @Alex. I should have said slightly pricey on the pocket not overpriced. It is what it is....an indestructible authentic mod that works works. I cannot fault it and despite the price I would buy it when I am in a position to.

Very interesting thread here guys, here is what i think about the Reo.

Pictures DO NOT do this device any justice. When i first saw it, it was on the internet and my thoughts were "eeeew, i do not like the looks of it, not for me. Boy was i wrong.

When i first saw it in the flesh, it was gorgeous. The feel, the finish, the weight, was really not what i expected. Seeing it on the internet gave me the impression that it was a big/bulky/heavy/ugly device, which later on proved to be quite the contrary. In fact, my Reo mini is about half the weight of almost any other mech device out there, including the tiny SMPL mod with a dripper.

Then after that, everything else just blows your mind (the small things we take for granted), the smoothness of the fire button, the convenience of having either a 6ml or 3ml (for the mini), in a dripper, without ever having to drip, the ease of building a coil in an RM2, ceramic deck (no shorts), concave deck so the excess juice gets sucked back into the bottle.

And finally, when you think it can't get any better, you realise that this device is pretty much indestructible. Your investment is safe and secure, i have yet to come across a vaping device that hold its value like a Reo.

Squonking was my only gripe with this device, but that quickly became null and void when comparing it to actually dripping, and once you master your squonk, it becomes second nature and doesn't bother you at all anymore.

Final thoughts : Yes, i fully agree that everyone has different tastes and I respect that, but i think that this is one device that needs to be given a fair chance to really appreciate what it has to offer :)

My Final say here as well, and thank you sooooo much to everyone who commented. It what makes this forum so good that everyone has their opinions. I am more intrigued that ever about it, and have made my mind up to but one. Anyone got one to sell, I'll happily take it, will put up a post in the classifieds. I cannot wait to try it out now!!! You guys all rock!!

My Final say here as well, and thank you sooooo much to everyone who commented. It what makes this forum so good that everyone has their opinions. I am more intrigued that ever about it, and have made my mind up to but one. Anyone got one to sell, I'll happily take it, will put up a post in the classifieds. I cannot wait to try it out now!!! You guys all rock!!

Haha, the Reo entices everyone...in the end :)

IIRC VapourMountain might be bringing in some extras. Maybe drop @Oupa a PM to find out :)

Here is a picture of Avril without her USA Flag drip tip for @Danny and @hands. ;-)

b43bfaabf5a79f84d57646ac50bad287.jpg

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

Are you using the light box/light tent @Rob Fisher ? The photo looks nice and clean and she looks so much better without that American tip.

Are you using the light box/light tent @Rob Fisher ? The photo looks nice and clean and she looks so much better without that American tip.

Not yet. I have one in a cart on the website but lost Internet before I could press buy.

I did however fix the picture with my graphics package after cropping it. ;-)

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

Back