Silvers Kayfun Experience

View attachment 94337
Ohhh so pretty.
I want the steam tuners one now but it will require another kayfun...
P.s @KB_314 the one I have is a plastic composite. I have knocked thy mod with the kayfun over twice and no breakage :D
I prefer the steam tuners one but it doesn't appeal to my clumsiness.
What's the ST one made of? I also kind of want both. But then another K5 is required. Found a store that stocks both, but no Fedex.
There is another factor that might be creeping into the decision. The store that stocks the ST also has Cappy V4's and I might want to give 2 of them a try :rolleyes:

What's the ST one made of? I also kind of want both. But then another K5 is required. Found a store that stocks both, but no Fedex.
There is another factor that might be creeping into the decision. The store that stocks the ST also has Cappy V4's and I might want to give 2 of them a try :rolleyes:
Not sure, looks like actual glass.
If you like super soft stuff the cappy v4 is a real winner. Just make sure you get the 8.5 or 6ml ones. The 10ml one are too big.

Not sure, looks like actual glass.
If you like super soft stuff the cappy v4 is a real winner. Just make sure you get the 8.5 or 6ml ones. The 10ml one are too big.
Definitely some sort of plastic. They give the same warning on both tanks about certain juices to stay away from etc. Would love a glass one though! Might be worth getting a spare (I have the odd clumsy moment myself)

Definitely some sort of plastic. They give the same warning on both tanks about certain juices to stay away from etc. Would love a glass one though! Might be worth getting a spare (I have the odd clumsy moment myself)
There are 2 versions I. E. Polished and not polished.
I believe you can get the not polished one (the one I have) polished with some or other compound but Its not an issue even with my mild OCD tendencies.
E.g. polished
images (85).jpg
Cloudy:
images (86).jpg

I haven't seen the polished for sale, but I'd opt for the one you have anyway. I want both (yours & tower):D

Ok - simple single coil done

28g Kanthal from Kidney Puncher. Did a 2mm ID. Pico reads it as 1.26 ohms but my trusty Sigelei ohm meter says 1.4. Strange. I unscrewed it and rechecked and it was 1.7. Maybe my ohm meter battery is going flat. Who knows.

Anyway looks ok

View attachment 93272

Hi @Amir, you asked in the vape mail thread about the build in the KF V3 mini
I still have a 2mm ID 28g Kanthal simple single coil in it - see above post
About 1.2 ohms

I havent had much time to experiment with different builds
The vape is decent MTL and I have tried a few 18mg tobaccoes
Its not as flavourful as the RM2 on the Reo but probably not a fair comparison - bf dripper vs tank and distance from mouth to the action...

But its good. Is it better than the Nautilus Mini? Not sure but at least its rebuildable so it doesnt shred commercial coils.

The only problem i am having with the V3 Mini is that I would like the draw slightly tighter - and when i adjust the screw to make it tighter then the gurgling starts. Saw that was a problem that other V3 mini users experienced on other forums. So i have settled for a slightly looser MTL draw. Which is fine but not perfect for me. Am going to try other juices and also other builds in here. Maybe a slightly different build might tighten the airflow a bit.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but hope it helps

It is a damn cute package on the white Pico though:

Hi. I have just recently recieved my first Kayfun 3 mini. For me it's the best tank I've ever used by a long way. In terms of the gurgle - when screwing on the top cap after refilling, when you get to the final 2 twists, turn the tank upside down and then tighten. It's seems to stop the pressure from pushing to much juice down into the juice well. Also don't use to much cotton, I've found less is more with this tank. I have also not found it necessary to open the juice flow by more than one and a half turns. No gurgling and tight airflow. I will also be recieving a kayfun upgrade kit when my new pipe arrives from Pipesmith.com next week 20170718_193414.jpg which includes an extra o ring for under the positive pin which also apparently help with any leaking or gurgling issues. I will report back when I recieve it. Enjoy this great tank...

Hi @Amir, you asked in the vape mail thread about the build in the KF V3 mini
I still have a 2mm ID 28g Kanthal simple single coil in it - see above post
About 1.2 ohms

I havent had much time to experiment with different builds
The vape is decent MTL and I have tried a few 18mg tobaccoes
Its not as flavourful as the RM2 on the Reo but probably not a fair comparison - bf dripper vs tank and distance from mouth to the action...

But its good. Is it better than the Nautilus Mini? Not sure but at least its rebuildable so it doesnt shred commercial coils.

The only problem i am having with the V3 Mini is that I would like the draw slightly tighter - and when i adjust the screw to make it tighter then the gurgling starts. Saw that was a problem that other V3 mini users experienced on other forums. So i have settled for a slightly looser MTL draw. Which is fine but not perfect for me. Am going to try other juices and also other builds in here. Maybe a slightly different build might tighten the airflow a bit.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but hope it helps

It is a damn cute package on the white Pico though:

Wifey is running a resin pico that she jacked from me and a nautilus that she jacked from me. I do make her buy her own coils tho because well, support your own habits.

Anyway the commercial coil thing is starting to annoy her so I went the rta route. From what I see in your build, a slightly bigger ID and maybe lower the coil a bit would fix ur airflow issue. Restricting it using the airflow ring would sort create a suction vacuum which brings more juice into the chamber hence the gurgling.

I just needed a starting point tho so thank you for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Amir, i will try that

@Ryangriffon , your tip of turning it upside down for the last two top cap turns sounds great - i must try that. But tell me, how tight is your airflow setting? Mine is quite tight but not in the very tight zone - and for my preference i would like to go a bit tighter - but then i get the gurgling after a bit

Hi @Silver. Not quite sure how to measure the tightness as I'm quite new to the tank. But I was getting gurgling on my setting until I turned it upside down to tighten, used less cotton and only opened the airflow about one turn. Sometimes the juice flows slowly and I just open the top cap a little until I see an airbubble or two. Again I close it upside down. It's not a hassle as reducing the gurgling is worth the effort. I will rebuild and play around with the tightness of the airflow later tonight and report back on my experience!

Hi @Silver. Not quite sure how to measure the tightness as I'm quite new to the tank. But I was getting gurgling on my setting until I turned it upside down to tighten, used less cotton and only opened the airflow about one turn. Sometimes the juice flows slowly and I just open the top cap a little until I see an airbubble or two. Again I close it upside down. It's not a hassle as reducing the gurgling is worth the effort. I will rebuild and play around with the tightness of the airflow later tonight and report back on my experience!

Ok many thanks
I am going to try the upside down trick on last two turns of top cap and see what happens
Have made the airflow a bit tighter to my preference. Last time i did this, the gurgling started after a while of vaping. Time for a refill now so I will try and see what happens. Thanks

What build have you got in there and what power you vaping on?

My build currently is a Kanthal 28g - 2mm - 7 or 8 wraps - 1.2 ohms
And I am vaping at about 13-15 Watts on the Pico

Cool. I'm building with 27 gauge kanthal, 1.5 Id, 6 wraps and coming in a 1 ohm. I will tighten the airflow later tonight and see what happens. Not sure what watts I'm vaping at as I'm using a mech epipe...

Cool. I'm building with 27 gauge kanthal, 1.5 Id, 6 wraps and coming in a 1 ohm. I will tighten the airflow later tonight and see what happens. Not sure what watts I'm vaping at as I'm using a mech epipe...

Ok cool, thanks

Im using thinner wire than you - so your vape is probably a bit more rounded and dense - mine likely is a bit crisper. On a mech - if the batt is 4V - your power at 1 ohm is around 16Watts (V squared over R)
Around the same as me.

I did the upside down trick with my airflow screw set quite tight - and i have vaped for a few minutes. I can feel the beginnings of a slight gurgle :(

Its so tiring haviing to try various coils, wicks and things to get it to work right

I can feel the great potential of this tank but so far its just not gurgle free when making the airflow super tight.

I will try again maybe another time by changing the coil and trying something else

Have increased the airflow setting slightly to a somewhat loosish MTL (by my preferences at least)

All working ok and gurgle is pretty much gone.

Will fight another day to figure out a tighter draw anti-gurgle solution

It is frustrating indeed. Perhaps my airflow is more open than yours. But I am happy with the current setting and grateful I have no gurgling anymore. Will try tightening the setting later and see if the gurgling starts up again. I will also try use a Net ejuice later which I have been using in the kayfun 5 mini. It is obviously very thick so will see how that affects things...

@Silver , I have been using a kayfun mini V3 clone (not sure which one) and I really enjoy the flavour. The only problem I have is the condensation issue that is driving me crazy.
My build is 9/10 wraps, 28awg kanthal, spaced coil, about 1.35-1.4ohm and running at 25W - no gurgling, great flavour.
Perhaps you need to up the wattage ???

EDIT - 2.5mm ID

Last edited:
@Silver , I have been using a kayfun mini V3 clone (not sure which one) and I really enjoy the flavour. The only problem I have is the condensation issue that is driving me crazy.
My build is 9/10 wraps, 28awg kanthal, spaced coil, about 1.35-1.4ohm and running at 25W - no gurgling, great flavour.
Perhaps you need to up the wattage ???

EDIT - 2.5mm ID

Thanks @ddk1979
Maybe i need to try a totally different coil.
Maybe slightly bigger ID and maybe spaced
Will also experiment with the power setting

My only concern is that when I did some Googling a while back I found several posts on other vaping sites talking about the gurgling when the airflow is set quite tight. Its like a drop of juice goes info the airflow screw and gurgles slightly. Enough to drive a person crazy. Apparently there is a part - its like a different material screw - cant remember exactly - that is supposed to remedy this. I doubt i will be chasing that though.

The disappointment is that I thought I could get a really nice tight draw great flavour RTA with this. And I have tried several things and a few different juices. But if its not going to work perfect then I will have to settle for a slightly more open draw. Flavour is still very good so it will be worth using like that.

Glad you liking yours - that is what counts !!
Am happy to hear you found a good setup for it

Back