Silvers Kayfun Experience

Haha yes the v4 had the system where you had to stick a small flathead up the base n feel around till you caught the screw.

MTL winner @Silver?

Thanks @Akash !

So far there is nothing to suggest this is not going to be a MTL winner
I am thoroughly enjoying the vape so far
The flavour is very good and the vaping action is superb and quiet
Have probably gone through 60% of the tank already, the juice is just below the chimney wide section. So it will drop fast now.

Funny thing is there are only two juices i vape in MTL mode. One is Blackbird on the RM2 and the other is VM Berry Blaze with menthol in the Evod. I need to experiment with more juices in this Kayfun. Have not wanted to do Blackbird in the commercial coil tanks like the Nautilus Mini because Blackbird shreds wicks. So its nice to have such a good MTL rebuildable.

I think this will turn out good over time. Lets see. It still has a lot to prove "in the field".

I'm a little annoyed with the kayfun v5 tonight. Pissed some juice out but not by design flaw but by human error.
I didn't close the juice flow when refilling.

Still it's easier to be upset and angry with an inanimate object than to admit my own stupidity.
Kayfun - 1000 points.

Its training us for the Skyline @Christos !
Sorry to hear about the juice spill - i absolurtely hate it when that happens

Its training us for the Skyline @Christos !
Sorry to hear about the juice spill - i absolurtely hate it when that happens
I have little hope for the skyline. Something that takes so long to arrive isn't worth the effort IMHO.
What's the point of falling in love with a device if you can't get another in a reliable time frame.

Just for the record the kayfun doesn't leak excessively. It dumped about 1ml of juice. Once the main leak was cleaned it still retained a full tank and didn't leak after. Very impressive for a kayfun that's known to pee out the entire content of the tank.

I have little hope for the skyline. Something that takes so long to arrive isn't worth the effort IMHO.
What's the point of falling in love with a device if you can't get another in a reliable time frame.

Patience sire !

Something that takes so long to arrive may just be worth it!

I am just getting ready for it, by the time it arrives I will have my fleet of competition well oiled and ready for battle. I have the Lemo1 and KFV5 for the restricted lung hit battle and the RM2 and now V3 Mini for the MTL contest....

Bring it on

Just for the record the kayfun doesn't leak excessively. It dumped about 1ml of juice. Once the main leak was cleaned it still retained a full tank and didn't leak after. Very impressive for a kayfun that's known to pee out the entire content of the tank.

Just on leaking @Christos - i am very pleased to report that my V5 has not leaked one drop
Not even a partial drop
And thats about 3 coil builds , a few wick changes and probably about 20 tank fills
Am very impressed with it and I trust it now.

Patience sire !

I am just getting ready for it, by the time it arrives I will have my fleet of competition well oiled and ready for battle. I have the Lemo1 and KFV5 for the restricted lung hit battle and the RM2 and now V3 Mini for the MTL contest....

Bring it on
Patients is perhaps not my strongest trait.
Practicality however prevails.
I'm just worried I love the skyline and I can't get another.

Just on leaking @Christos - i am very pleased to report that my V5 has not leaked one drop
Not even a partial drop
And thats about 3 coil builds , a few wick changes and probably about 20 tank fills
Am very impressed with it and I trust it now.
I meant to say It doesn't leak a lot when accidentally the juice control isn't closed when refilling.

By the way

@Andre - i think you will like the Kayfun V3 Mini if you havent already gotten one.
Thick plumes of flavourful vape and you can make it nice and tight on the draw! Its lovely.

Patience sire !

Bring it on
Really enjoying following this thread. That is going to be one epic shootout! The skyline is out of my budget but thanks to some very generous guys I am getting a Kayfun v5 clone this week and if I like it a lot I will likely invest in the real mccoy!

Patients is perhaps not my strongest trait.
Practicality however prevails.
I'm just worried I love the skyline and I can't get another.

Ok i fully understand and i do feel the same
But maybe then there will be the Skyline V2 ;-)

Really enjoying following this thread. That is going to be one epic shootout! The skyline is out of my budget but thanks to some very generous guys I am getting a Kayfun v5 clone this week and if I like it a lot I will likely invest in the real mccoy!

That is marvellous @Schnappie
I believe that some of the current Kayfun clones are very good, so it will no doubt help you to decide.
Let us know how it goes

After a very impressive first run on my Kayfun Mini V3 with super MTL vaping and great smooth vaping action, i am sad to report that it has developed a bit of a gurgle.

Am on my third tankful.

I rewicked it this morning with Jap Cotton (instead of CB2) and I took the base plate off and adjusted the airflow screw. I noticed that when the airflow was more open there was almost no gurgling. Anyway, blew air in from all angles, did the "upside down trick", blowing air into the drip tip which usually fixes gurgles on other devices. After all of that, voila, it was much better, no gurgling.

Put it down for an hour - and the gurgling came back. Driving me nuts. :mad:

I suspect there must be some juice somewhere in the base section under the deck, but i havent taken that off yet in case I break it - not sure how it comes off. Maybe it needs a good clean in there. But it worries me how it got there....

I will persevere though and hope to find a solution because i loved the gurgle-free vape on it.

Just a pity - was hoping it would be plain sailing.

Anyhow, the Kayfun V5 continues without a hitch...

And the Reo/RM2 (Reo Black aka Thumper) is smiling from ear to ear and giggling :giggle:

Did you find the source of the gurgling /leak @Silver?
It looks like for the mini 2 turns of the juice control is more than enough for 70/30 vg/pg juices.
Also building the coil slightly higher might assist with the gurgling.

Did you find the source of the gurgling /leak @Silver?
It looks like for the mini 2 turns of the juice control is more than enough for 70/30 vg/pg juices.
Also building the coil slightly higher might assist with the gurgling.

Thank you @Christos !
No, I didnt have a chance to work on it today - was out and about the whole day in meetings
But thanks for the tip. I am using a 50/50 juice , so i will try with less turns. (I was using 3)
And will try build another coil a bit higher up

Will report back when i manage to do so.
My only worry is what if some juice is 'stuck' in there somewhere and my efforts help prevent it worsening but then how do i get the juice out of there? Maybe i need to watch Busardo's video again to see how he disamantles the whole thing.

Thank you @Christos !
No, I didnt have a chance to work on it today - was out and about the whole day in meetings
But thanks for the tip. I am using a 50/50 juice , so i will try with less turns. (I was using 3)
And will try build another coil a bit higher up

Will report back when i manage to do so.
My only worry is what if some juice is 'stuck' in there somewhere and my efforts help prevent it worsening but then how do i get the juice out of there? Maybe i need to watch Busardo's video again to see how he disamantles the whole thing.
I suspect 1 turn is enough for 50/50 juice as so e say 1.5 turns is enough for 80/20 juice.

Thanks for your detailed views on the Kayfun tanks @Silver, reading them has made me feel good about my recent purchase. Having had my arm twisted by @Akash and @Scouse45 I will be the proud owner of a KF5 very soon :D

Spent the day with mine for the first time. Only thing that made me smile all day.
I'll give some details after more time with it, but so far, I'm really enjoying this tank.
Already I prefer it to my Petri RTA (my remaining RTA). Using @SAVapeGear build which he left in there for me - I'm sure that's contributing to my very positive experience today.
IMG_0155.JPG

Spent the day with mine for the first time. Only thing that made me smile all day.
I'll give some details after more time with it, but so far, I'm really enjoying this tank.
Already I prefer it to my Petri RTA (my remaining RTA). Using @SAVapeGear build which he left in there for me - I'm sure that's contributing to my very positive experience today.
View attachment 93581

Thats awesome @KB_314
is that the Kayfun V5 or the V3 Mini?

Back