Silvers Kayfun Experience

Try 10W.
If you like the coil size then why change?
I get dry hits at 26w with my kayfun and at 24w it's perfect...

Oh and by the way what coil you running at 24W?
Is it one of those exotics?

@Silver it's a fused alien coil.
I use 2.5mm ID and also I pull a lot of the cotton out of the tails thinning it out.
My wick barely touches the base but once it's juiced up gravity pulls it down and it touches the base.
Thought it would leak but nothing of the sort.

Hi Ho @Silver try Cotton Bacon... Rayon doesn't work as well as CB in tanks.

Thanks @Rob Fisher
I will add that to the list of things to try

The only part that confuses me is that Rayon has been working gangbusters in my Lemo1 for about 2 years. Ok its a different deck, and a more tricky wicking in the Lemo1 but it works well.

Maybe in the Kayfun the "suction" somehow is different. Who knows.

Will see and let you know when i try it

It seems your favourite profile is fruity menthol flavours and you like a crisp vape @Silver. I have to say that in my experience the Kayfun 5 is okay, but not best suited for fruits/menthols and 2mm ID coils. I find where it shines is with a clapton/fused clapton 2.5mm to 3mm ID and bakery/desert flavours.

My go-to has been a 2.5mm ID clapton with CB at 25-27w. Loads of rich intense flavour.

It seems your favourite profile is fruity menthol flavours and you like a crisp vape @Silver. I have to say that in my experience the Kayfun 5 is okay, but not best suited for fruits/menthols and 2mm ID coils. I find where it shines is with a clapton/fused clapton 2.5mm to 3mm ID and bakery/desert flavours.

My go-to has been a 2.5mm ID clapton with CB at 25-27w. Loads of rich intense flavour.

Thanks @Effjh
I have just rewicked it and its better, will see how it goes
Will certainly try a bigger build and something desserty at some point, thanks for the tip

The best part about new devices is trying out various things and seeing where they will shine for ones taste

last tankful has been superb

@Christos - you were right. I turned down the power to 10 Watts
Then i discovered something else - i was using the widest airflow setting
Made it one notch less.
And turned down the power to 9 Watts!
Oh my word, what a difference from such a small change
Its as if its "sucking" better with the slightly less airflow

Long slow restricted lung hits - this is singe-ing my throat - and flavour is sharper.
Am a lot happier

Thanks

last tankful has been superb

@Christos - you were right. I turned down the power to 10 Watts
Then i discovered something else - i was using the widest airflow setting
Made it one notch less.
And turned down the power to 9 Watts!
Oh my word, what a difference from such a small change
Its as if its "sucking" better with the slightly less airflow

Long slow restricted lung hits - this is singe-ing my throat - and flavour is sharper.
Am a lot happier

Thanks
I couldn't believe the low watts this tank needs. Thought I was going backwards to the days of the SVD that only did 12W.
My first wick I burnt running at 20W with a plain Ni80 26AWG coil. Thought I wasn't wicking properly.
Turns out it really doesn't need a lot of power to have a decent warm vape.

I have since housed the v5 on my vaporshark DNA 200 with thr 900mah battery.
Can get 3 tanks out of the mod and a full recharge (+- 30 mins from 40%) on irs 2A charge, while I rewick the reos.
I would like to think I enjoy DLH but I prefer the tight draw of the 2nd biggest airflow setting. The biggest airflow setting doesn't feel as "smooth" as the 2nd biggest.
The first 2 settings are too tight for me.

I couldn't believe the low watts this tank needs. Thought I was going backwards to the days of the SVD that only did 12W.
My first wick I burnt running at 20W with a plain Ni80 26AWG coil. Thought I wasn't wicking properly.
Turns out it really doesn't need a lot of power to have a decent warm vape.

I have since housed the v5 on my vaporshark DNA 200 with thr 900mah battery.
Can get 3 tanks out of the mod and a full recharge (+- 30 mins from 40%) on irs 2A charge, while I rewick the reos.
I would like to think I enjoy DLH but I prefer the tight draw of the 2nd biggest airflow setting. The biggest airflow setting doesn't feel as "smooth" as the 2nd biggest.
The first 2 settings are too tight for me.

Spot on @Christos - you are so right!
This tank probably just prefers low power
Suits me perfectly

And snap on the 2nd largest airflow just feeling smoother and better
I am wondering if it doesnt somehow lead to more vacuum or suction effect because its tighter somehow?
Anyway, am loving this. Thank heavens my hotcig 150 can go below 10 Watts! Hehe.

The flavour I am getting today is rivalling the Lemo1

Going to have to do more careful side by side testing - and will report back in time.

Thanks again for the pointer @Christos -

Lol, i took the power down to 7 Watts @Christos !

A bit too light but a longish drag is super still. Hehe
The coil is a simple 28g Ka single at 1.2 ohms

Reminds me of the old days and the Phil Busardo videos on the likes of the MVP2 etc.
Will never forget how he said the ideal power he likes on the 2 ohm stock coils of the day was 7 Watts.
Lol

Have I gone full circle?
Maybe ive gone mad

But this is great

Ok, upped it back to 9 Watts
Superb

Spot on @Christos - you are so right!
This tank probably just prefers low power
Suits me perfectly

And snap on the 2nd largest airflow just feeling smoother and better
I am wondering if it doesnt somehow lead to more vacuum or suction effect because its tighter somehow?
Anyway, am loving this. Thank heavens my hotcig 150 can go below 10 Watts! Hehe.

The flavour I am getting today is rivalling the Lemo1

Going to have to do more careful side by side testing - and will report back in time.

Thanks again for the pointer @Christos -
My pleasure. I'm not overly fond of menthols but I keep a supply for when the throat feels scratchy or when the sinuses act up. I do however find that menthols are stronger/crisper in thr kayfun. Recently I've been playing with a DIY menthol that's a lovely break from the regular and seems to clear the palate and reset my taste buds also. A strawberry, orange menthol.

I run menthol exclusively on a noisy cricket because it's a powerful/explosive kick especially for a throat synge-ing effect but I'm enjoying the tame menthol too that seems sharper with far less power.
I'm still testing what juice profile I'm going to keep in it but it's also working wonderfully for a dessert style that's in it at the moment.

My pleasure. I'm not overly fond of menthols but I keep a supply for when the throat feels scratchy or when the sinuses act up. I do however find that menthols are stronger/crisper in thr kayfun. Recently I've been playing with a DIY menthol that's a lovely break from the regular and seems to clear the palate and reset my taste buds also. A strawberry, orange menthol.

I run menthol exclusively on a noisy cricket because it's a powerful/explosive kick especially for a throat synge-ing effect but I'm enjoying the tame menthol too that seems sharper with far less power.
I'm still testing what juice profile I'm going to keep in it but it's also working wonderfully for a dessert style that's in it at the moment.

Strawberry / orange / menthol - ooh sounds very interesting

For me I have tried my fruity menthols on a wide variety of setups
The subtank mini smoothes it a bit
The Nuppin also smoothes it
OL16 is nice
Tried it on drippers - Petri RDA etc - but its too strong to take a longish drag if you know what i mean.

But strangely, the Lemo1 produces a "sharpness" and crispness that has so much "treble" its like pin pricks in my throat - and I love that. And i can take a long drag and get the singe-ing towards the end of the long inhale.

Now for the first time I have found a rival :aplastao:

Strawberry / orange / menthol - ooh sounds very interesting

For me I have tried my fruity menthols on a wide variety of setups
The subtank mini smoothes it a bit
The Nuppin also smoothes it
OL16 is nice
Tried it on drippers - Petri RDA etc - but its too strong to take a longish drag if you know what i mean.

But strangely, the Lemo1 produces a "sharpness" and crispness that has so much "treble" its like pin pricks in my throat - and I love that. And i can take a long drag and get the singe-ing towards the end of the long inhale.

Now for the first time I have found a rival :aplastao:
Now we wait for the skyline...

Now we wait for the skyline...

Agreed!

The Skyline delay has helped me actually
To get the contenders primed and ready for battle

However i have a feeling the Skyline will be battling in a different type of fight
I suspect the Skyline will want a bit more coil, more power and more airflow to shine
So for me its probably going to have to be a different type of juice

Lets see

Also the bell cap makes a slight difference in the flavour and also the height of the tank.
One of my gripes with the v5 was the length of it.
With the bell cap the tank is as high as thr normal tank without the drip tip.

@Silver, have you gotten round to the kayfun mini v3 yet?
I recall you buying that too... I could be mistaken though.

@Silver, have you gotten round to the kayfun mini v3 yet?
I recall you buying that too... I could be mistaken though.

No, not yet
You are right, i did get that too
My thinking was to get something that stuck to the "Kayfun Heritage" of MTL

So that is on the cards for testing. Its competitor will be the RM2 and i am intending running a Blackbird blend.

I just dont like running Blackbird in tanks because it shreds wicks and coils like a cross between a rotweiler and a bulldozer. So that has delayed me a bit - and the lack of time of course...

But i will get to it....

No, not yet
You are right, i did get that too
My thinking was to get something that stuck to the "Kayfun Heritage" of MTL

So that is on the cards for testing. Its competitor will be the RM2 and i am intending running a Blackbird blend.

I just dont like running Blackbird in tanks because it shreds wicks and coils like a cross between a rotweiler and a bulldozer. So that has delayed me a bit - and the lack of time of course...

But i will get to it....
Now I can't wait to hear ur thoughts on that!! MTL for the win love that kayfun mini v3

Now I can't wait to hear ur thoughts on that!! MTL for the win love that kayfun mini v3

Thanks for that @Scouse45
These comments are really helpful in egging me on to get a move on with these devices
Am looking forward to it too
What juices are you vaping in there?

Thanks for that @Scouse45
These comments are really helpful in egging me on to get a move on with these devices
Am looking forward to it too
What juices are you vaping in there?
Haven't picked one up yet @Silver waiting to hear ur feedback before pulling the trigger So come on through a build in there I'm dying to hear about it

Back