The Chalice

Happiness so far... no email which is good... some of the guys on ECF have already had their bad news email... I think we are good! I did have the stuff in the shopping basket ready and I pressed Checkout a few seconds after the sale opened and paid and was gone in a minute or so... I think we are good to go! ;-)
Thanks rob!!

You rock!!

Here are some ECF pics of them and some of the builds!

Im definitely going to be using the ugly coil (neat) in mine first :p

Attachments

• 20141202_000805_zpsuhkstvib.jpg
    20141202_000805_zpsuhkstvib.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20141202_000553_zpsdlgfqx7e.jpg
    20141202_000553_zpsdlgfqx7e.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20141201_235708_zps982o2xhc.jpg
    20141201_235708_zps982o2xhc.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20141201_165602_zpsv1woflu3.jpg
    20141201_165602_zpsv1woflu3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG2193-L.jpg
    IMAG2193-L.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG2192_1-L.jpg
    IMAG2192_1-L.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 27
Chalice III is operational in Durban!

Chalice001.jpg

OK I couldn't wait any longer and rushed a coil and wick...this atty is small! Very small! I battled seeing the screw grooves but managed.
Chalice002.jpg

A pretty ugly coil because I used the 1,4mm coil jig and then realised I wanted to have it 1,5mm to compare it with all my other coils so I forced the screwdriver into the coil and the result was a pretty ugly micro coil.
Chalice003.jpg

I will redo the coil shortly and I will of course read the comments on ECF to find the sweet zone and do it slowly and methodically but let's fire this thing up now! The Mickey Mouse Ohm Meter reads the coil as 1,35 and the Sigelei which I trust reads it at 1ohm.
Chalice004.jpg

There is no doubt this atty is a thing of beauty! This is a flavour chasers dream and certainly not for cloud chasers.
Chalice005.jpg

Quick summary...
A very small atty with a very small chamber. Not as easy to build as an RM2 but still pretty simple.
For me the best thing about the Chalice is that it's almost impossible to over squonk and get juice to come out of the air hole because of the very clever design and this is most certainly a squonkers utopia!
Airflow is a clever design and you can suck and modify the airflow on the run as it were!
Another bonus is the atty is very quiet... I guess that's another winner part of the design.
I think I'm over squonking because I am getting the odd gurgle.
The build quality is exceptional and so it should be for that price.
I'm not sure it would handle dual coils because there is very little space... but my guess it's been built as a single coil flavor chasers dream.

I'm going to sit quietly now and rebuild the coil and get it more centre and more perfect.

For those interested the total cost including Vat, Duty etc (no customs friendly packaging) is R2,190. so it's more than twice the price of a Cyclone and four times the price of an RM2. I will reserve final judgement till I get it setup perfectly. But while I expect it to be the best of the best I doubt it very much that it's going to be twice as good as a Cyclone or RM2.

@Rob Fisher Nice atty

When you build the coil for the chalice let the leads run in the opposite direction of each other so you can place the coil above the airhole

azanapa9.jpg

Chalice III is operational in Durban!

View attachment 16556

OK I couldn't wait any longer and rushed a coil and wick...this atty is small! Very small! I battled seeing the screw grooves but managed.
View attachment 16557

A pretty ugly coil because I used the 1,4mm coil jig and then realised I wanted to have it 1,5mm to compare it with all my other coils so I forced the screwdriver into the coil and the result was a pretty ugly micro coil.
View attachment 16558

I will redo the coil shortly and I will of course read the comments on ECF to find the sweet zone and do it slowly and methodically but let's fire this thing up now! The Mickey Mouse Ohm Meter reads the coil as 1,35 and the Sigelei which I trust reads it at 1ohm.
View attachment 16559

There is no doubt this atty is a thing of beauty! This is a flavour chasers dream and certainly not for cloud chasers.
View attachment 16560

Quick summary...
A very small atty with a very small chamber. Not as easy to build as an RM2 but still pretty simple.
For me the best thing about the Chalice is that it's almost impossible to over squonk and get juice to come out of the air hole because of the very clever design and this is most certainly a squonkers utopia!
Airflow is a clever design and you can suck and modify the airflow on the run as it were!
Another bonus is the atty is very quiet... I guess that's another winner part of the design.
I think I'm over squonking because I am getting the odd gurgle.
The build quality is exceptional and so it should be for that price.
I'm not sure it would handle dual coils because there is very little space... but my guess it's been built as a single coil flavor chasers dream.

I'm going to sit quietly now and rebuild the coil and get it more centre and more perfect.

For those interested the total cost including Vat, Duty etc (no customs friendly packaging) is R2,190. so it's more than twice the price of a Cyclone and four times the price of an RM2. I will reserve final judgement till I get it setup perfectly. But while I expect it to be the best of the best I doubt it very much that it's going to be twice as good as a Cyclone or RM2.

Thanks Rob!

Now im really looking forward to tmr!

oh o thought air was coming up there then realised it couldn't be lol

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

OK it's official... I need my lighted magnifying glass thingy to mount the coil on the Chalice. I cannot believe they didn't put holes for the coil legs in the posts like the cyclone.

I have rebuilt another 2 two coils... one was a cockup and had to trash that and bring in my Lighted Magnifying glass to do the second. I have a 1,1 Ohm coil on it now and the coil is a lot better! Let's see how we go.

Oh and you most certainly can over squonk but at least it doesn't come out the air hole and make a mess but it does cause the Chalice to gurgle and get flooded... I'm getting there...Wow the flavour is strong... I think I may need to mute the Tropical Ice a bit and maybe even add some Clear Cut juice to it...

OK time to take a break and see how we go as is...

Bottom line is it's a lot harder to build a coil on it than the Cyclone!

@Rob Fisher
If there was ever a reason for me to crave a Reo, that Chalice3 sure has done the job!

Sadly, with a Reo and Chalice3 reaching into the sub-5k range, and already damn near impossible to get hold of...

First, my wife would kill me for the price.
Second I would kill myself waiting.

But it sure is a nice damn atty!
Congratz again on your snatchup of a very rare gem.

But it sure is a nice damn atty!
Congratz again on your snatchup of a very rare gem.

Thanks @WHeunis! I'm still fighting with it... I need to play with the coil because my current setup is a very harsh vape compared to my normal set up on the Cyclone... The throat hit is currently HUGE and I need it to calm down...

Thanks @WHeunis! I'm still fighting with it... I need to play with the coil because my current setup is a very harsh vape compared to my normal set up on the Cyclone... The throat hit is currently HUGE and I need it to calm down...

I dunno where the airflow actually runs over the coil, but in this case, i would GUESS ... lift the coil?
Maybe the airflow is only hitting the very bottom or only the very tippy top of the coil?

Try a 5 wrap semi ugly coil with 26g on a 1.8mm mandrel Rob, should give you an awesome vape :D

Now I have a clearer picture...
Literally!

chaliceIII-2_copy_grande.jpg

So the airflow runs down to the deck...
Best option I can think of is to try align the height of the coil with the resulting airflow from that chamber wall outlet on the inside.

You were saying that squonking sometimes leaves a gurgle, so it might be that the resulting airflow comes in VERY low to the base?
Based on that, ignore my previous recommendation and instead try get the coil as close to the base as electrically (and safety!!!) possible.

Squonking with the Chalice III is a whole new ball of wax... it requires a very short and very soft squonk.

Back