The Chalice

Not so much an over squonkers dream... over squonking causes it to gurgle real bad and you have to stop and "fix it". But you do learn real quick to be very gentle with the bottle... the nice thing is it doesn't leak through an air hole and there is no mess...
Funny mine doesn't gurgle and I over squonk it a lot think it may be coil placement?

What the fudge is squanking :eek:... sounds like something you do in private and also not discuss unless drunk...

Squonking is the art of pressing a bottle in a bottom fed dripper like a REO and feeding juice up the tube into the atomiser. ;-)

Really? I just did it and nothing hmm wierd

Mmmmm boggler?

But the more I use it the more I'm getting to love it... but you are right... it more like an RM2 or Cyclone vs the wide open airflows of the Cyclops's and Odin's.

Mmmmm boggler?

But the more I use it the more I'm getting to love it... but you are right... it more like an RM2 or Cyclone vs the wide open airflows of the Cyclops's and Odin's.
20 sec squonking and no gurgle lol that's pritty cool I must say no spill no fuss I'll use it tmr and give more feedback but the flavour is outstanding

Message from Mark Bugs...

We decided to delay the GEM project and to have another run of Chalice III, ETA February/March 2015 (depend on the quantities we have to produce), for anyone who want to own one and did not get it.
We had changed the rules of the game because we did not know how many Chalices are needed, we have now created a special email address chalice3@markbugs.com, all those are interested to have one or more please send a mail at that address and write only on the subject line how many are you willing to buy and your country.
The list will be oppened until 20th of December 2014.
No money will be payed in advance, when Chalice III will be finished, everybody will get a replay to the mail with further instructions.

Thank you,
MarkBugs Team

Thanks for the review @paulph201 - i enjoyed it

You dont mess around. 7 wraps of 24g wire must be quite a low resistance? 0.5 ohms?
Doesnt it heat up too slowly? And dont you get too much afterburner effect?

Anyhow, as a flavour and throat hit seeker for mouth to lung vaping I am interested and curious.
I probably am more suited to the previous Chalice versions without AFC, but those are virtually impossible to get according to Rob

Would love to try it out sometime if we meet up

Thanks for the review @paulph201 - i enjoyed it

You dont mess around. 7 wraps of 24g wire must be quite a low resistance? 0.5 ohms?
Doesnt it heat up too slowly? And dont you get too much afterburner effect?

Anyhow, as a flavour and throat hit seeker for mouth to lung vaping I am interested and curious.
I probably am more suited to the previous Chalice versions without AFC, but those are virtually impossible to get according to Rob

Would love to try it out sometime if we meet up

It's low yes and it heats up quick enuff! It's a awsome atty and is working like a champ with my high vg juices

OK... time to try again...

First I try my new Coil Making goodie but that didn't work and I need to watch the YouTube video again because all I managed to do was to damage the wire. Epic Fail. :-(

Let's go manual with the good old 1,5mmm screwdriver! 10 Wraps this time... Oooo good looking coil... let's put it on the baby chalice! Rookie error and smell of pork roasting... fiddling trying to get the coil onto the little deck with no holes in the posts and pressing the fire button as we did it... Epic fail number 2.
View attachment 16581

2nd try was way more successful and the coil looks good and so does the wick! And most importantly the vape is F^%$^$% marvelous! :rock:
View attachment 16582 View attachment 16583

1,29 Ohm Coil seems to be a much better spot for me on the Chalice III :p
@Rob Fisher,with your OCD does that mean you have to do that to all your fingers so they match:eek:

@paulph201 I'm not sure what has changed other than the resistance but now it isn't over squonking nor gurgling... and the flavour is much better for me... I did a micro coil (1,5mm) 8 wraps of 28g and it came out at 1,06 Ohms.

btw @Rob Fisher I had the pleasure to toot on @paulph201 's Challice III at the cape Meet.... flippen Awesome!!!! can see exactly where every penny has gone into the design and manufacturing of this beaut! seriously impressed me!

OK it's time to give the Chalice III another go after really disappointing results so far. I have done a bit of research and it appears that the coil needs to be higher up and away from the edge which is totally opposite to the Cyclone. OK this is a LOT better and that gurgling has gone and the flavour is now there.

Yes it's a hundred times better than it was and yes it's a most beautiful atty and the quality is out of this world. But is it that much better than an RM2 or Cyclone? I don't think so... personally I actually prefer the Cyclone slightly if I'm brutally honest! But now that I have it working lets see how I feel after a day or two.

VapeFamily1.jpg

Oh and I'm back to a 1,5mm micro coil with 28g kanthal and 8 wraps. That is my happy place no question! :rock:

Back