To BB or not to BB...

I’m bored so I just did the 3 mm fused clapton.

0.89 ohms.

MUCH better than the round wire. Flavour has all the different notes and subtleties to it.

Much better.

I’m bored so I just did the 3 mm fused clapton.

0.89 ohms.

MUCH better than the round wire. Flavour has all the different notes and subtleties to it.

Much better.

Is that with that superfine Vandy Vape fused clapton wire @Paul33 ?
Thanks for the feedback

Is that with that superfine Vandy Vape fused clapton wire @Paul33 ?
Thanks for the feedback
Same one @Silver

It was either 6 or 7 wraps 3mm ID.

I wasn’t paying attention cause I was waiting for the rained out cricket to start :wasntme:

It’s absolute magic wire. Easy to work with and perfect for higher ohm builds in the smaller atties.

I did build with in the goon 24 but it didn’t work too well.

After two or three weeks my parcels finally arrived! Cannot wait to open them when I get home tonight.

Vape king or the vape guy ( but I think he might be out if stock )
I got the last one from the Vape guy last year but he might been restocked.

Vape king does stock it.

26g nichrome would work in there for sure though!!!

Please can somebody help me, how do i get the boro out?
Looks like I slide it, but just wanna be certain

To remove the glass you slide it down and it will be very tight the first time... always always lube the square O-Ring with PG or juice before putting the glass back. And while you are at it lube all the O-RIngs of the Boro top and bottom.

Initial impressions

The covers have a slight bit of play, not enough to warrant a complaint
It looks good, maybe not a fan of the silver ring below the drip tip as I would have preferred full black
Exocet is easy to wick, boro comes out easily now I know how and fits nice and snug.
button is located better for right handed use. I am right handed, but after a rugby injury I do a lot of things including vaping left handed
Battery is going to be a mission to get out.

The BB fires almost immediately, set on 20ish Watts its a nice smooth draw with just the right amount of airflow for it to not feel like I am sucking on a hose pipe.
The flavor is nice and concentrated (xxx), very satisfying. It seems not to be a juice hog which is a winner.

Would I drop R5k on the original? I've never tried the original and for now the sxk bb fulfills my needs so not yet.
What would I improve? The battery housing
If I could only have one mod would this be it? Probably not as it is not as versatile as my other mods, but it will definitely be my daily go to mod

The biggest question is would I replace it should I break it? Definitely YES.
bbb1645cd8f148dee4169ec577c9661a.jpg
c431e252934d3d5c25143a35a3d944f0.jpg

Initial impressions

The covers have a slight bit of play, not enough to warrant a complaint
It looks good, maybe not a fan of the silver ring below the drip tip as I would have preferred full black
Exocet is easy to wick, boro comes out easily now I know how and fits nice and snug.
button is located better for right handed use. I am right handed, but after a rugby injury I do a lot of things including vaping left handed
Battery is going to be a mission to get out.

The BB fires almost immediately, set on 20ish Watts its a nice smooth draw with just the right amount of airflow for it to not feel like I am sucking on a hose pipe.
The flavor is nice and concentrated (xxx), very satisfying. It seems not to be a juice hog which is a winner.

Would I drop R5k on the original? I've never tried the original and for now the sxk bb fulfills my needs so not yet.
What would I improve? The battery housing
If I could only have one mod would this be it? Probably not as it is not as versatile as my other mods, but it will definitely be my daily go to mod

The biggest question is would I replace it should I break it? Definitely YES.
bbb1645cd8f148dee4169ec577c9661a.jpg
c431e252934d3d5c25143a35a3d944f0.jpg
I’m much happier with mine with the Exocet instead of the insider.

When you take the battery out press on the negative post to make it a bit looser. I hold the boro and smack the B.B. lightly into my other hand. Battery just pops out now.

I love mine. Have barely touched any other device I have and for work it’s perfect.

One day when I’m big and I might invest in an authentic but that’s a long way off as this sxk is pretty damn good in book.

Great write-up @87hunter !
Wishing you well with it

Am with you on the right handed vs left handed comment
I prefer to vape with my left hand most of the time and i sometimes block the airholes. Lol.

Great write-up @87hunter !
Wishing you well with it

Am with you on the right handed vs left handed comment
I prefer to vape with my left hand most of the time and i sometimes block the airholes. Lol.

The "italian" grip has become my default for left hand use ... not recommended with wet or slippery hands though :-D20180108_214205.jpg

Last edited:
Just flip the BB around and use your index or middle finger to press the button. Opens up the vents as well.

Comes in handy to open up your right hand to hold your beer.

@Cornelius this rebuild and rewick is for you as promised. Hope it helps you with some questions you had dude! Thought I would post it here to maybe help others same time!

A2E5280B-A23A-462A-94E3-5A96989CE3B4.jpeg A2D8F6EC-89B7-440B-B96B-D5267D902A41.png

3mm 6wrap with the Vandy Vape mtl fused clapton you want to get.

E40D47AC-D97F-40F1-A3A9-8A12604629C5.png ACFA93C6-065A-4F83-9A79-1915E7E4DB91.png BC7555CA-7103-4A1D-9754-B938FF81DDF8.png

Please excuse the skew coil. I had my son sitting on my shoulders o_O

2AC5D77C-21F8-4BC5-A57B-360C40AF2628.png

Wicked and fluffed a bit. I find a 3mm ID when wicked fills the juice port perfectly without having to fluff the cotton to death!

A0D372BD-AE1D-4BD4-BF71-920784CE07B4.jpeg 357020CE-65D2-4728-BFF7-174BF49DE733.png E8FF483A-18A5-4350-B26F-D2F947820E6B.png 889B3F88-3748-414A-9236-69C97F2A7804.png

Filled with Red Pill!!!

9391CF65-C16A-4D9B-AECA-4DF88F755FAE.png

0.93 ohm at 15.2w. Pure bliss.

Awesome mate. It will definitely help a couple of us with our builds. Exactly what I am aiming for

Thank you so much for the great breakdown.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Awesome mate. It will definitely help a couple of us with our builds. Exactly what I am aiming for

Thank you so much for the great breakdown.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
You’re more than welcome!

Glad to have helped.

DCDE4583-1BEB-464B-BD8E-093E42F02E43.jpeg

I reckon I will chuck a little itty bitty alien in the Exocet next.

You know, purely in the interest of science!!

Back