What's in your hand right now?

Yes! Thats sounds great, I know we are getting off topic, but it would be very interesting to see some history on an item like this.
What does "ground" mean: - The three main grounds talked about are the half hollow, full hollow and extra hollow blades. The major difference is the degree of flexibility that each ground provides with the half hollow being the least flexible, and the extra hollow being the most flexible, and the full hollow being in-between. The more flexible the blade, the more experienced the user should be because the risk of nicks are greater.

Kangertech Subbox mini with Orion Moonlight.

Got myself some new juices yesterday will try an snap a pick later.
Juices:
ORION -- ASTEROID
ORION -- MOONLIGHT
Vape Elixir - Nymphomaniac
Vape Elixir - Plasma Juice

Can wait to try the rest :D

On my way out for a vape break(not using the word smoke because il get lashed at hahaha)

pl4hKlPVj

Kangertech Subbox mini with Orion Moonlight.

Got myself some new juices yesterday will try an snap a pick later.
Juices:
ORION -- ASTEROID
ORION -- MOONLIGHT
Vape Elixir - Nymphomaniac
Vape Elixir - Plasma Juice

Can wait to try the rest :D
Damn dude those Elixir ones are my worst flavours lol . Let me know what you think

I found it in one of my dads boxes and he can't even remember where he got it.

I spoke to a guy in the US that collects and restores this make. He qouted me about $200 to restore it excl shipping.
It unfortunately has seen better days but I don't want to mess with it so I left it as is

e4705fe68885456bf45aabf3f8852e85.jpg

c3433f6860c96097e53ee853aa144370.jpg

0ad40313b1d88d8c810486317bd22b30.jpg

Sorry about the off-topic, but this has my attention...

Don't rush into sending it to somebody to restore it, you can get it all done yourself with a little bit of elbow grease.
That is a nice razor you have there. It is quite old, actually very old, based on the state and design.
Restoration entails cleaning out all the rust and polishing up the blade. You can get yourself some autosol from Builders and start cleaning the blade. Just be careful not to cut yourseld on the blade end, so always keep the sharp side facing down on a piece of wood while working on the blade. And try using something that gives space between your fingers and the blade, like a polishing block.

It looks like a wooden handle.
So here is the question. Are you going to keep it for display or actually use it?
If the former: If the wood is really bad, you can use some wood filler and smooth it out before varnishing it.
If the latter: you can get any local carpenter to make you a new set of handles to match. Granted, it won't be the same material. I personally will try restoring the original material, and it's not impossible to do, it just takes time.

If you are going to actually use it, you will need sharpening stones and a strop. You can buy a strop at a few places in SA for a R150 or so.
You cannot get sharpening stones though, you will have to import them and the good one's are pricy. I will be happy to do the sharpening for you until you get your own stones, you just need to ship it to me. Also, if you strop it every time you use it, you will only need to sharpen it every 6-8 months.

I get most of my stuff from these guys, and they do an excellent job for restorations as well
http://classicedge.ca

@Stosta There is a ton to know about razors. Go check out videos on the manufacturing process. The good one's are all hand made and it's amazing what is used to make some of the razors.

Sorry about the off-topic, but this has my attention...

Don't rush into sending it to somebody to restore it, you can get it all done yourself with a little bit of elbow grease.
That is a nice razor you have there. It is quite old, actually very old, based on the state and design.
Restoration entails cleaning out all the rust and polishing up the blade. You can get yourself some autosol from Builders and start cleaning the blade. Just be careful not to cut yourseld on the blade end, so always keep the sharp side facing down on a piece of wood while working on the blade. And try using something that gives space between your fingers and the blade, like a polishing block.

It looks like a wooden handle.
So here is the question. Are you going to keep it for display or actually use it?
If the former: If the wood is really bad, you can use some wood filler and smooth it out before varnishing it.
If the latter: you can get any local carpenter to make you a new set of handles to match. Granted, it won't be the same material. I personally will try restoring the original material, and it's not impossible to do, it just takes time.

If you are going to actually use it, you will need sharpening stones and a strop. You can buy a strop at a few places in SA for a R150 or so.
You cannot get sharpening stones though, you will have to import them and the good one's are pricy. I will be happy to do the sharpening for you until you get your own stones, you just need to ship it to me. Also, if you strop it every time you use it, you will only need to sharpen it every 6-8 months.

I get most of my stuff from these guys, and they do an excellent job for restorations as well
http://classicedge.ca

@Stosta There is a ton to know about razors. Go check out videos on the manufacturing process. The good one's are all hand made and it's amazing what is used to make some of the razors.
Thank you very much!
I want to only restore the blade then frame it so not worried about sharpening it. I am pretty sure I will kill someone if I had to use it lol.
I will take some more detailed pics tonight with the canon and PM you.
The handle is in a very bad state but that is what makes it unique to me.

Picked up some Good Boy yesterday from Foggas Vape Lounge. What a great range they have!

Attachments

• IMG_3441.JPG
    IMG_3441.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 48
Cool cover, where did you get it from?
I got it from vaperite.... Doooo not get it lol. It has no part covering the bottom of the mod so it can slide out.It worked fine for the first day until it stretched slightly. i literally wrapped my mod in duct tape so that it can not slip out :worried:

I got it from vaperite.... Doooo not get it lol. It has no part covering the bottom of the mod so it can slide out.It worked fine for the first day until it stretched slightly. i literally wrapped my mod in duct tape so that it can not slip out :worried:
Get the ones from @Sir Vape . Those are the ones that cover the bottom

lol Thanks for the info! I like that the top of the mod is covered as well but pointless if it slides out. Apparently the sirvape one is good because it has a lip as the bottom to prevent the mod from sliding down.

Cuboid and Moonshot Atty. Awsome vape, leak proof, no dry hits......but a bugger to coil.

DSC_0128.JPG DSC_0127.JPG

I found it in one of my dads boxes and he can't even remember where he got it.

I spoke to a guy in the US that collects and restores this make. He qouted me about $200 to restore it excl shipping.
It unfortunately has seen better days but I don't want to mess with it so I left it as is

e4705fe68885456bf45aabf3f8852e85.jpg

c3433f6860c96097e53ee853aa144370.jpg

0ad40313b1d88d8c810486317bd22b30.jpg
Thats a lekker straight razor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ff1a9580e60df61a1cbda2eaade419e.jpg

This is by far the best tank i ever owned. Sigelei really pulled off a miracle with the Moonshot RDTA. Flavor and clouds are unbelievable!!

This is by far the best tank i ever owned. Sigelei really pulled off a miracle with the Moonshot RDTA. Flavor and clouds are unbelievable!!
High praise coming from you. But I will still watch the classifieds for the next week before I commit:D

@VapeSnow, I couldn't agree more, one masterpiece of a tank. No leaks, no dry hits. Excellent flavour.

Back