1.2 Ohm OCC coils dry hits

theyettie

Experienced Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Ola.

I've had my subtank mini now for two weeks, started it off with the 0.5 ohm stock coil. Loved it!! It has since died, so I installed the 1.2 ohm coil that comes with the device yesterday morning. I've had three (horrible) dry hits in just over 24hours. Not cool!! I didn't have one with the 0.5 ohm. It's as if it doesn't saturate fast enough for my chain vaping. It's on an iStick 30W @ 4.6V (16.2W). If I turn down the power, I get mediocre cloud and I'm too scared to crank it up for fear of more dry hits... Advise?

Last edited:
did you prime the coil 1st before using it by dropping in a few drops of juice directly onto the coils and then installing it onto the base?

have you tried to rewick-rebuild your 0.5 occ coil. its very easy and there are tons of youtube videos on how to do this.

Yip, I do with each refill, but this happens when I've vaped about a quarter of the tank. I've now started taking dry hits just to get better saturation before giving it power. I'll give the rebuilding a go. The 1.2's are crappy coils IMO. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

I rebuilt the original 1.2 ohm after it died with a 5 wrap 26g with a 2.4mm id and keep the voltage between 4 and 4.5 volt. Just rewick every week and Im good to go. Could not get the rewick on the original 1.2 to work for me

Yip, I do with each refill, but this happens when I've vaped about a quarter of the tank. I've now started taking dry hits just to get better saturation before giving it power. I'll give the rebuilding a go. The 1.2's are crappy coils IMO. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

i never used the 1.2 coils. mine were brand new in the box until i broke them apart and redid them again as my own 0.5 coils

Thanks guys. Rebuilding it is. Have a good one!

have you tried to rewick-rebuild your 0.5 occ coil. its very easy and there are tons of youtube videos on how to do this.
i looked at it myself yesterday its not the same design as the the occ coils on youtube just as well just make coils for the rba but i do like the vertical coils they work very well

Ola.

I've had my subtank mini now for two weeks, started it off with the 0.5 ohm stock coil. Loved it!! It has since died, so I installed the 1.2 ohm coil that comes with the device yesterday morning. I've had three (horrible) dry hits in just over 24hours. Not cool!! I didn't have one with the 0.5 ohm. It's as if it doesn't saturate fast enough for my chain vaping. It's on an iStick 30W @ 4.6V (16.2W). If I turn down the power, I get mediocre cloud and I'm too scared to crank it up for fear of more dry hits... Advise?
as i understand it the ohm coil is made for low power vapes and mouth to lung hits mine also gave me a few dry hits and moved onto the rda

Ya know I didn't think of that, well done. But MTL hits was great when I just quit, I love the lung hits, so I'll transform this bad boy tonight or build myself something else.

Just use the RDA deck that you got with the subtank mini and build your own coil

I wicked the installed coil in the RBA deck last night, first attempt not too flash, so I did it over... properly, but now it leaks a bit. I chucked the 50/50 juice now and refilled with a 70/30 juice to see if the thicker juice sorts out the problem.

Back