3D Printing a mod

Daniel

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
With all the advances in the industry I'm puzzled why some company hasn't printed a mod yet. I know of one company that printed a BF 26650 called the Mushroom mod....

Ok yes given will be a challenge to fully print a regulated mod but with the advances in printing I think it will only be a matter of time before we see the first fully regulated 3D printed mod?

Production times come into play but it might be a niche market. And then of course the resin might not be conducive to higher wattage causing extreme Temps.

I look forward to the new age of 3D printing hell Boeing is looking at printing their engines etc.

It is 100% doable @Daniel, I've got one in my possession that were done in Capetown during 2014 (can't remember who did it - only keep it for some nostalgia).

There's plenty 3d printed mods on the market though. Arguably the best selling 3d printed mod out there is the Frakenskull BF Mech mod

Ok clearly I've been uninformed been toying with the idea....

With all the advances in the industry I'm puzzled why some company hasn't printed a mod yet. I know of one company that printed a BF 26650 called the Mushroom mod....

Ok yes given will be a challenge to fully print a regulated mod but with the advances in printing I think it will only be a matter of time before we see the first fully regulated 3D printed mod?

Production times come into play but it might be a niche market. And then of course the resin might not be conducive to higher wattage causing extreme Temps.

I look forward to the new age of 3D printing hell Boeing is looking at printing their engines etc.
3D Printing in Metal: the Laser and Metal Powder Printers We Saw at IMTS
https://hackaday.com/2018/09/17/3d-...ser-and-metal-powder-printers-we-saw-at-imts/

Boxer definitely not :)
Tesla and Hugo Vapor yes :)
iTS GOT A dna CHIP...money!!!!
18406013e1327f41a8f8c53c5edb4adc.jpg

cheapest official boxer 3d printed is $99 so not cheap after import and taxes
the one in the picture is $199

so my comment stands.... not cheap

Yup boxer is far from a cheap 3d printed mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread got me searching for 3d printing templates (as I have access to a 3d printer)... And now I am contemplating printing a mod :confused:

Damn you ecigssa for giving me even more fomo....

Also...

Anyone here have a broken mod that they are not using and want to throw away??? ;):giggle: I have an itch that I need to scratch, and ordering parts out of the UK or US is expensive, so I'd rather strip a broken mod for the parts I need. :p

This thread got me searching for 3d printing templates (as I have access to a 3d printer)... And now I am contemplating printing a mod :confused:

Also...

Anyone here have a broken mod that they are not using and want to throw away??? ;):giggle: I have an itch that I need to scratch, and ordering parts out of the UK or US is expensive, so I'd rather strip a broken mod for the parts I need. :p
I have a boxer rader that has seen better days. needs new contacts etc. etc. @Martin Narainsamy please note i use Boxer loosely here :)
you welcome to take it

Also...

Thingiverse results for "box mod".
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=box+mod&dwh=825ba0fcbc2b163

I've made the Mushroom mod, had to buy squonk pins from the UK.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1958713

Hmm... So the 3d printer I had access to decided last night that it doesn't like static discharge. :oops:

@BioHAZarD - Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to take the mod not knowing when the printer will be fixed. Don't want a situation where I get sent something and then later get accused of not following through.

Hmm... So the 3d printer I had access to decided last night that it doesn't like static discharge. :oops:

@BioHAZarD - Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to take the mod not knowing when the printer will be fixed. Don't want a situation where I get sent something and then later get accused of not following through.
hahah
no worries dude
i could not be bothered with what you do with it.

if you still want it i have no problem .... its just lying in a cupboard. i can send you pics of whats left. you just need to fund the shipping.

Back