60/40 VG/PG not wicking?

Viper_SA

https://www.tiktok.com/@tinus_viper?lang=en
LV

Awards
Hi all,
Looking for some advice. A while back I diluted some horrible tasting juice with Dolly Varden VG. I still got vapor off the hits, but it tasted like smoke. Tasteless smoke and burned the throat. I asked on the Whatsapp group and was told that maybe it was wicking up to the coil, but not entirely around the coil. I chucked the juice.

Then I ordered some Voodoo juice in 60/40. Worked great on the Evod 2, but on the Nautilus mini and Aspire ET-S BVC it does the same thing... Will vape perfectly for couple of hours, and then suddenly I get the mouth full of smoke taste again....

Could it be that the 60/40 ratio is not wicking properly in the BVC coils? If so, how can I try to fix the issue?

Thanks

20150314_124506_resized.jpg

For those that are interested and haven't stripped one yet, that is what the Aspire BVC looks like :)
Trying to decide if it would be worth the cost and effort to re-wick it. Looks like a lot of effort just to strip it down to drill out the holes in it.....

@Viper_SA Brother never lose faith I started on the same route and yes I'm a Nooby :)
I had dry hits after dry hits using 3 to 4 coils a week and at R40 a pop not cheap.:(
I then got my self a RBA on recommendation on this forum, did some research on You-tube and ecigssa.co.za on how to build it.
My first taught was I don't have all the special tools and skill to do this and what if I blow something up all my money down the drain.
Well let me tell you, you don't need special skill or special equipment to do a build. I was so surprised on how easy it was to build a coil and wick it. The best part is for the price of a R50 coil you can almost build 20 or more of your own coils.
You are part of this Vaping Family Bro keep the faith and BUILD THAT COIL ;)

@Viper_SA do your self a favour and get that RTA that was offered to you. A lot more simple and will save you money and time and energy in the long run

If Shaun hasn't changed his mind, I'd love to get the RTA, but in the meantime I have spent the cash on the Nautilus Mini, so instead of letting it sit in a closet, it would be nice to be able to use it as well....

@Viper_SA Brother never lose faith I started on the same route and yes I'm a Nooby :)
I had dry hits after dry hits using 3 to 4 coils a week and at R40 a pop not cheap.:(
I then got my self a RBA on recommendation on this forum, did some research on You-tube and ecigssa.co.za on how to build it.
My first taught was I don't have all the special tools and skill to do this and what if I blow something up all my money down the drain.
Well let me tell you, you don't need special skill or special equipment to do a build. I was so surprised on how easy it was to build a coil and wick it. The best part is for the price of a R50 coil you can almost build 20 or more of your own coils.
You are part of this Vaping Family Bro keep the faith and BUILD THAT COIL ;)

Still waiting to hear back from Shaun, but I am curiouswhat the recommendations would be. RTA or RDA to begin with? What brand, wick material and wire etc?

If Shaun hasn't changed his mind, I'd love to get the RTA, but in the meantime I have spent the cash on the Nautilus Mini, so instead of letting it sit in a closet, it would be nice to be able to use it as well....

Replaced the last coils from the same batch on one each of the ET-S and Evod 2. Been vaping all day on the two without issue. Convinced it was a wicking issue. Unfortunately I burnt up my last Nautilus mini coil last night, so unable to test it on the Hengthavorn juice. I miss the clouds from the mini, even though they are nothing compared to some of the big guns' clouds here

Still waiting to hear back from Shaun, but I am curious what the recommendations would be. RTA or RDA to begin with? What brand, wick material and wire etc?

I'm relay a noob and cant really recommend any RBA's at this stage :p I use the RBA sections of my Kanger Sub-tanks and they are a great and a easy build. For coils I use 28G Kanthal resistance wire and Organic Japanese Cotton for wicks all obtainable very cheap from our great forum vendors.
Sure @shaunnadan will sort you out quite nice Bro and if I may quote @Alex Kudos @shaunnadan :clap:
If you like the RBA's and want to get in the market, the more experienced members will guide you to the right RBA that can suit your needs and pocket.

ps: Defiantly gonna get me 1 or 2 RDA's, :D I don't really need them just a must try VAPING GEAR THING :D

Last edited:
So il give you the "tools of the trade" enough to easily build coils . Wire and wick included. You can decide from there what you prefer to use.

I still need to see what I've got back home but il give you a hint... It's a goodie !!!

So il give you the "tools of the trade" enough to easily build coils . Wire and wick included. You can decide from there what you prefer to use.

I still need to see what I've got back home but il give you a hint... It's a goodie !!!

Honestly don't know what to say, except "Thank You"

Just a heads-up. I have 2 very new Evod 2 clearo's that I will pass on to @shaunnadan when h brings through the rta for me. He seems to get around quite a bit and I want to give back a little, since everyone have been so nice to me. So, if anyone finds themselves in a position where they might want and Evod 2, just hit @shaunnadan up. They don't have coils in though....

@shaunnadan

Thanks for helping out so many new folk!

You are a vaping superhero
And a force for good
I salute you

image.jpg

Back