AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

And this coming from a vendor who just loves the Crown Tank. Sage advice. Follow it imo. The Topbox Mini kit is tried and tested and versatile.
I agree with the post, and will probably follow the advice in the end.

Saturday draws near..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nooooo....

you see what i mean....

its starting again....

Nooooo
If you are serious about kicking a habit you will definately need at least 2 devices.
A backup when a mod breaks or is dropped etc.

Start with one device and then establish your usage.
I.e is the tank annoying you because you are refilling very often? Is the battery flat every hour or is the tank too large and you are taking 2 days to empty it.

What I'm saying is you need to see what is annoying you and what is working for you and buy a second device that overcome the annoyances.

My best device you may hate because it's too bulky etc.
Other devices are cool and small but last a drive in traffic.

Do you like to tinker or do you want a hassle free device.
There are a lot of options and variations and experience is probably the only sure indicator here so stop the obsessive compulsive behaviour and start somewhere.

Congratulations though on your attempts to move off stinkies.

Thats the idea. I have five twisps. They all suck. I have had lots of other kinds of pen devices. They all crap out.

No more.

I want one proper all day, and a backup.

Spare batteries and tanks.

Juices to replace the horrible ones from twisp.

Just figured that one alone wont be enough.

Tanks so i can swap out.

Anyways, thats how i am thinking, and i know its wise to buy one, and go from there..

But would you buy a volkswagen beetle, when a porsche is the top choice?

And no, this is not primarily a cost excercise, i buy for function, reliability, use, not cheapness.

So to me, buying a kanger topbox, with spare tanks is better than buying two or three different versions.

Also, while advice such as which tank is best, why would i spend money on a standard tank, when a slightly more expensive one is better and will deliver a better experience?

Then of course 30-75 watt devices seem to be being replaced with 100 - 200watt devices, with tanks and coils following the same trend.

To my mind this echoes the pc argument. Why buy a pentium when a core i7 is the current platform standard and will be for the next few years?

I really do value all the help and opinions, and advice, more than u may realise, and have made jokes about my way of purchasing, and decision making, in the end, i will probably go with the majority decision of the kanger, but i will also purchase some leading edge equipment to be able to take advantage of the newer tech as well.

Hi @Hardtail1969

A couple of questions if I may (apologies if I have missed this in previous posts of yours)

1. Do you see yourself building your own coils or using commercial coils only?
2. How important is portability - do you travel around a lot?
3. Which flavours do you like? (Or think you like?)

Thats the idea. I have five twisps. They all suck. I have had lots of other kinds of pen devices. They all crap out.

No more.

Tanks so i can swap out.

Anyways, thats how i am thinking, and i know its wise to buy one, and go from there..

And no, this is not primarily a cost excercise, i buy for function, reliability, use, not cheapness.

So to me, buying a kanger topbox, with spare tanks is better than buying two or three different versions.

Also, while advice such as which tank is best, why would i spend money on a standard tank, when a slightly more expensive one is better and will deliver a better experience?

Then of course 30-75 watt devices seem to be being replaced with 100 - 200watt devices, with tanks and coils following the same trend.

To my mind this echoes the pc argument. Why buy a pentium when a core i7 is the current platform standard and will be for the next few years?

I really do value all the help and opinions, and advice, more than u may realise, and have made jokes about my way of purchasing, and decision making, in the end, i will probably go with the majority decision of the kanger, but i will also purchase some leading edge equipment to be able to take advantage of the newer tech as well.

Easy peasy, get the topbox mini (best starter kit and very good flavor) and get a Crown tank as well. Use the 0.5 ohm coils and u won't need to go above the 75w at ur disposal.

Best of both worlds.

No more.

Tanks so i can swap out.

To use the car analogy, you have been riding a bicycle. Nice 5 bicycles.

You want the porche but will it be economical on juice? Is it practical as a daily drive?
On cars I am more knowledgeable about.
A land rover is nice but you want to 4x4.
How often will you be off road? Do you even like off roading? Will you be prepared to jet wash your car while the mud is still wet as the car wash will never be able to clean it properly.
Is normal road holding important? Land rover come with normal tires ands jeeps with dual on/off road tyres. Fuel economy is now an issue. Is it all worth it as a daily driver.

I'm saying get a vw and learn how to drive even if it's a vw gti and then if speed is what you want get a porche.
If you get a wv you won't be too bothered when you go over a pavement or a dirt road. Once you are comfy in the vw then decide if you want a porche or a Merc or a jeep or better yet a helicopter.
Preferable a hughes 500 :D

To use the car analogy, you have been riding a bicycle. Nice 5 bicycles.

You want the porche but will it be economical on juice? Is it practical as a daily drive?
On cars I am more knowledgeable about.
A land rover is nice but you want to 4x4.
How often will you be off road? Do you even like off roading? Will you be prepared to jet wash your car while the mud is still wet as the car wash will never be able to clean it properly.
Is normal road holding important? Land rover come with normal tires ands jeeps with dual on/off road tyres. Fuel economy is now an issue. Is it all worth it as a daily driver.

I'm saying get a vw and learn how to drive even if it's a vw gti and then if speed is what you want get a porche.
If you get a wv you won't be too bothered when you go over a pavement or a dirt road. Once you are comfy in the vw then decide if you want a porche or a Merc or a jeep or better yet a helicopter.
Preferable a hughes 500 :D
Cars .. Bikes... Its all the same in the end

I get your drift, thanks!

Easy peasy, get the topbox mini (best starter kit and very good flavor) and get a Crown tank as well. Use the 0.5 ohm coils and u won't need to go above the 75w at ur disposal.

Best of both worlds.
Now this i can agree with.

Get yourself a dual 18650 mod for at home when you wanna smoke 80-400w+.. Then perhaps get a vtc mini 75 w for carrying around as a daily. And then a tank for each mod. You really wont enjoy carrying around a dual 18650 in your pockets hence the vtc mini. Which has upgradeble firmware so you always have the latest features. then just a tank for each mod. For a vtc i would suggest any top fill tank to make filling easy and a spare 18650 for swapping out.

Hi @Hardtail1969

A couple of questions if I may (apologies if I have missed this in previous posts of yours)

1. Do you see yourself building your own coils or using commercial coils only?
2. How important is portability - do you travel around a lot?
3. Which flavours do you like? (Or think you like?)
Coils - prob buy in the long run, make when i feel like it.
Portability - long as i can use em anywhere
Flavours - only really have had the tobacco and red bull ones from twisp i like, not much experience with others

Now this i can agree with.

Yeah i have a subox mini which I started with and still use. My only other mod only goes up to 75w and i have two Crown tanks, works perfectly. Hope I helped!

Based on the discussions above a really good place to start would be a Crown Tank on top of a Minikin. Also if you want a small MTL device the AIO at R370 is the deal of the century.
Starter 001.JPG Starter 002.JPG

@Hardtail1969 what has to be said has been said on this thread. My two cents worth: Experiment, read, don't be undecided, meet fellow vapers and you will be on your way to a wonderful world, an interesting and consuming hobby. I cannot believe how this "hobby" has consumed me in just 3 months. Yes I have made a few "unwise" decisions, but is that not life? -- Trial and error until one hits the sweet spot. All the best!

Coils - prob buy in the long run, make when i feel like it.
Portability - long as i can use em anywhere
Flavours - only really have had the tobacco and red bull ones from twisp i like, not much experience with others

Nice thing about the SubTank mini (or the newer one with top fill) is you can build your own coils in the RBA section as well as but commercial coils for it. Also loads of experience with that device on this forum.
I would recommend that.

As for the battery/mod, perhaps the one that goes with it in the kit or the Evic VTC Mini. Or if you want longer battery life then something with two batteries. Maybe the iStick100 or the Cuboid, but they are a bit heavier and bulkier than the single batt mods

As for juice, I too liked the Twisp Rebel. Havent found much similar elsewhere. As for tobaccoes, try AshyBac from Mikes Mega mixes or some of the tobaccoes from Vape Elixir. Not too much variety on the local tobacco front. Try test as many juices as possible. The juice hunt is as important if not more important than the hardware in my opinion, provided you have something decent and reliable.

I agree, with the title of this thread. :) More so after reading the whole thread.
@Ernest lol. Just a heads up.....I can relate. The sheer variety, creativity and technological ingenuity that keeps re inventing the vaping world is truly mind boggling.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hi @Hardtail1969

You can't just come from Twisp devices to a Crown Tank at 80w.

That is why I recommended the Topbox mini kit.

You will have to transition yourself.Also bare in mind that you will never just buy one kit.You will start with a decent kit and then move up from there.

Vaping becomes a hobby and is a lifestyle.

Hi @Hardtail1969

You can't just come from Twisp devices to a Crown Tank at 80w.

That is why I recommended the Topbox mini kit.

You will have to transition yourself.Also bare in mind that you will never just buy one kit.You will start with a decent kit and then move up from there.

Vaping becomes a hobby and is a lifestyle.

Can relate, still a noob on the vaping journey, just fortunate enough to have most of the new "toys" and never vaped at 80 watts. I must have missed the review portion where the reviewer(s) informed the newbies (me) that the 0.25 ohm needs 80 watts. To cut a long story short, my last vape was last Fridaty night on the Crown at 80 watts.....

Just remember that these devices mentioned is a HUGE step up from what you are used too. It's almost as though you are crawling and suddenly want to skip all the other steps and start flying. So yes whatever has been mentioned will satisfy, it is better to get something that will last long and skip the 30w mods that you would upgrade from anyway. 75w mod can fire 30w, but a 30w mod can't fire 75w. Only advice I would like to give is, mtl or direct lung, all tanks can do mtl, but there are tanks that outshine others on this. I am a mtl guy so I can say eleaf gs tank is very close to the pen type drag that you are used too. Small and great on flavour, it is very close to the same flavour as the Kayfun 3,1, but half the size.

Sooo...

Its been a few months, and i now have two innokins, Two kanger topboxes, two ego's and just got a releaux rx200s with a tfv8... and... all i can say is the releaux would have been overkill a few months ago...but now...right now i want to buy another releaux and another tfv8.... they just rock...

Sooo...

Its been a few months, and i now have two innokins, Two kanger topboxes, two ego's and just got a releaux rx200s with a tfv8... and... all i can say is the releaux would have been overkill a few months ago...but now...right now i want to buy another releaux and another tfv8.... they just rock...
Great stuff. Good to hear from you again. And how is it going on the juice front?

Back