Advice needed for a newbie please....

Spyder1984

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys and gals!!!

Firstly, I would like to thank @Silver for the great welcome to the forum.

Secondly, I want to apologise in advance for questions that might seem dumb to everyone who has been vaping for a while...

So, I am currently looking at ordering some stuff from an online store that offers overnight delivery in Cape Town during lockdown. I understand that I have to buy a CBD vape Juice to legally get delivery of my hardware now.

Would you experienced vapors and rebuilders please advise me on the things I will need, maybe have a look through my current cart at Vape King.co.za, and lend me your expertise on the pricing/possible better options and /or alternatives. I want pure, powerful, intense flavour, NO chance of "dry hits" (I think that's what you guys call it:--P) And obviously Massive dense clouds:D

Then, also please note that i absolutely do not want to have my throat close up when taking BIG, DEEP puffs... I believe the term would then be a "smooth" vape...lol

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Attachments

• Vape King Order.png
    Vape King Order.png
    394.4 KB · Views: 77
hi, your cart looks good but you might want to add a battery charger

I'm unfamiliar with the mod so not sure if it charges batteries internally

hi, your cart looks good but you might want to add a battery charger

I'm unfamiliar with the mod so not sure if it charges batteries internally

Thank you for the reply, I did see that it has a usb connection on the mod itself, so was kinda hoping that it would charge...?

Attachments

• Aegis X Overview.png
    Aegis X Overview.png
    846.4 KB · Views: 26
I would buy 4 batteries and an external battery charger.

Thank you for the input. Would you advise to do that immediately? That adds roughly another R1k to my build... Also, just as a matter of curiosity, may i ask you to elaborate on your reasoning? Thank you once again.

Thank you for the input. Would you advise to do that immediately? That adds roughly another R1k to my build... Also, just as a matter of curiosity, may i ask you to elaborate on your reasoning? Thank you once again.
You need 2 reserve batteries that you can use while the other set is charging. Even if you don’t mind vaping on the mod while it’s charging, it significantly reduces the life span of your batteries.
A 4 bay charger shouldn’t cost you more than R400.

You need 2 reserve batteries that you can use while the other set is charging. Even if you don’t mind vaping on the mod while it’s charging, it significantly reduces the life span of your batteries.
A 4 bay charger shouldn’t cost you more than R400.
Great, that makes sense. The batteries are R460 for two, plus the R400 for the charger, puts me at R900 extra... Anyhow, if i should add that, would i have a decent setup? Are you familiar with the mod and other products i have on my list?

Thank you once again

I would shop around for e.g Vape Cartel. Prices are better. Also would look at maybe buying a Blotto or Intake Dual instead of the Zeus X. Also their CBD is much cheaper. And their delivery is cheaper.

The batteries you have select are 21700 but the mod is a 18650 also you battery wraps are for 20700

The batteries you have select are 21700 but the mod is a 18650 also you battery wraps are for 20700

Thanks for pointing that out, i read in the mod specs that it comes with a kind of 20700/21700 Battery Cap, so was hoping to get the strongest high amp batteries possible.

The wraps were kind of a "just because"... So, no loss there;-)

Then, are the Blotto or Intake Dual better than the Zeus? And if so, in which way? Are they also leak proof? And double coil, and as easily rebuildable as the Zeus?

Apologies for the seemingly retarded questions...

I truly appreciate all the advice and guidance.

Thanks for pointing that out, i read in the mod specs that it comes with a kind of 20700/21700 Battery Cap, so was hoping to get the strongest high amp batteries possible.

The wraps were kind of a "just because"... So, no loss there;-)

Then, are the Blotto or Intake Dual better than the Zeus? And if so, in which way? Are they also leak proof? And double coil, and as easily rebuildable as the Zeus?

Apologies for the seemingly retarded questions...

I truly appreciate all the advice and guidance.
The Aegis X mod has bad battery life from what I have heard.
If you looking for a rugged mod maybe look at the Vandy Vape swell.

As for the Blotto and Intake both very easy to wick and dual coil.
Intake has top side airflow so very hard to leak.
Blotto is also bottom side but if wicked correct hard to leak.
Zeus X I personally found had average flavour and tricky to wick if you new to RTA's.
And all questions welcome.

Zeus X I personally found had average flavour and tricky to wick if you new to RTA's.
opinions opinions that's what great but also confuses things, i personally find the Zeus X has the best flavour out of all 3 RTA's mentioned and can't go wrong with GTA style wicking, Swell a good shout or even the new Smoant Ladon mod if it's available yet in South Africa. Unless i have the wrong end of the stick this is your start up vaping gear and going for dual coil RTA's etc seems like running before you can walk which usually ends in tears. My own opinion would be to hold fire and start a new thread asking advice on start up equipment to find what kind of draw you like etc the norm would be to start with MTL at low wattage.

Obviously the above was meant for @Spyder1984 !

Ditch the wire, ditch the measuring tool, ditch the battery wraps. And get an external charger.

If you can't afford an extra set of batteries get them later. You will eventually and then you're paying for extra shipping.

Don't charge via USB - it's bad for your batteries in the long term. It's allegedly
the most common cause of regulated mods venting (exploding). It takes aaaages to charge. It will eventually cause the USB port to break. They are not built even remotely close to the standard of mobile phone USBs. If you're a smoker you will end up relapsing because you're waiting 6-8 hours for your batteries to charge.

Otherwise, it's not a bad basket. But yeah, shop around. You're definitely not getting a good deal there mate.

Hi guys and gals!!!

Firstly, I would like to thank @Silver for the great welcome to the forum.

Secondly, I want to apologise in advance for questions that might seem dumb to everyone who has been vaping for a while...

So, I am currently looking at ordering some stuff from an online store that offers overnight delivery in Cape Town during lockdown. I understand that I have to buy a CBD vape Juice to legally get delivery of my hardware now.

Would you experienced vapors and rebuilders please advise me on the things I will need, maybe have a look through my current cart at Vape King.co.za, and lend me your expertise on the pricing/possible better options and /or alternatives. I want pure, powerful, intense flavour, NO chance of "dry hits" (I think that's what you guys call it:--P) And obviously Massive dense clouds:D

Then, also please note that i absolutely do not want to have my throat close up when taking BIG, DEEP puffs... I believe the term would then be a "smooth" vape...lol

Thank you for your time and knowledge.
Hi and welcome.
I have a Zeus ,a Dual and the X. Exceptional flavour. Even when it's bad it's good enough.i don't know the blotto ,but everybody can't be wrong about it.
I'm using the single for juice consumption. Otherwise I'd have all three working at once.
I don't however have that many mods that can house them ,but I have a spare set of batteries.
There's a warning on golisi s4 chargers I think. Will confirm and edit if Wrong.

I don't know that mod but heard best things about the original.,the legend.
I use a Smoant Naboo. Some say it's not a good mod. I can prove that mine is exceptional. The screen is broke from someone tossing my jacket on a steel trailer. Before that the mod fell in concrete,from rooftops two stories, water. It's not waterproof but it survived. It fell out my jacket pocket on my foot while running over the road and I accidentally kicked it over the dual carriageway hit the curb and I picked up the batteries and the pieces and it still works(the screen was still working after this).
So that's my opinion.my mod still works and sometimes I blindly scroll through settings to fine tune it.memory also works in this regard.
Batteries cost about 100 for 18650 so look around you can get four for about the price you mentioned.
As for wire Get some. The worst than can happen is you have extra wire,but do get some coils to start out your vaping journey. Or screw that and use the wire and make your own.
You don't need a toolkit. Get an electrical cutters if you feel you need to get the toolkit. Your choice , bit you can do without it. And cotton get different brands say maybe two packs -1each
The tank your buying try to get a spare Bubble glass as well.
Remember taste is subjective and everyones differs.
Decide what you want from this post and use what suits your needs.
A dual battery mod is a good thing to have although there's single battery mods that's also good.
And you don't need to start with a starter kit as long as you don't go mech at start-up. Sub ohm tanks are good though. Nowadays it flavour and cloud machines.

Make sure you have someone that can assist with coil building and other stuff. The forum is very helpful for that. Excellent members with bountiful knowledge
Good luck and all the best.
If you have checked out your cart then forget what I just said.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/golisi-s4-charger-recall.t66355/
I use a Tesiyi E25 dual battery. Every day whole day. Sometimes it get a few hours off a day. It doubles as a Powerbank and is portable. Not saying get one I'm saying check it out. It hasn't given up on me yet and it goes in my toolbag to work.

Last edited:
Most moving from stinkies to vaping to be successful need that cigarette type pull and equipment that's suitable for higher mg e-liquid, then some stay with that type of draw but over time decrease their nicotine slightly while others move more towards the set-ups suggested. I fear buying the above as your first vaping gear could end up no different to just throwing money away! You could get lucky and immediately take to DL vaping but it's one think wanting massive dense clouds but something better to move towards. The sort of mg you will be vaping with once the vape shops open will not satisfy your nicotine cravings in my opinion as a new vaper and you will probably end up using cigarettes to satisfy that need.

Most moving from stinkies to vaping to be successful need that cigarette type pull and equipment that's suitable for higher mg e-liquid, then some stay with that type of draw but over time decrease their nicotine slightly while others move more towards the set-ups suggested. I fear buying the above as your first vaping gear could end up no different to just throwing money away! You could get lucky and immediately take to DL vaping but it's one think wanting massive dense clouds but something better to move towards. The sort of mg you will be vaping with once the vape shops open will not satisfy your nicotine cravings in my opinion as a new vaper and you will probably end up using cigarettes to satisfy that need.
Some smokers don't really need to smoke Mr Wis. Some just Smoke because.
Then you get smokers that don't have much choice as they need to smoke.
When someone says they're looking for a cigarette type.... Then I would suggest it, a lot of people just want to compensate for the habit of smoking or blowing clouds.
Some vapers also started on DL as MTL wasn't as popular setups to be sold and a good one was hard to find.
And then migrated MTL.
If he chooses that then we can always give him direction.
The last two years have been very rewarding to MTL vapers. So many MTL tanks and pod systems to choose from now. So we give him his choice and can direct him in future.

Some smokers don't really need to smoke Mr Wis. Some just Smoke because.
Then you get smokers that don't have much choice as they need to smoke.
When someone says they're looking for a cigarette type.... Then I would suggest it, a lot of people just want to compensate for the habit of smoking or blowing clouds.
Some vapers also started on DL as MTL wasn't as popular setups to be sold and a good one was hard to find.
And then migrated MTL.
If he chooses that then we can always give him direction.
The last two years have been very rewarding to MTL vapers. So many MTL tanks and pod systems to choose from now. So we give him his choice and can direct him in future.

Exactly why i am giving my opinion so he has both sides of the thought process and please don't call me Mr Wis, it's not my name and very disrespectful.

Ladies please.

I was also a smoker who took straight to DL and couldn't do MTL. I wasn't after the nic at all. Never needed nicotine, it was more habit and a psychological "need" to inhale something significant.

After the discovery of salts, I switched and never looked back.

Welcome to the forum @Spyder1984

Good that you are using the forum to ask for opinions and advice

I will agree with @Grand Guru on the suggestion to get extra batteries and an external charger
That will never go to waste down the line

As for the CBD juice you have to buy to get your order delivered, do they not have a cheaper one? Then the difference you can use towards batteries and a charger

All the best and let us know how it goes

Last edited:
My first suggestion to that basket would be to get other coils. Those demon killer ones are very bad. The rest would all be about preference. Agree on the charger and extra Batts. Shop around a bit more, there are better priced options available.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies and advice, i have seen them.

I will reply to each and every one of them tomorrow when I am back home at my computer.

It is a little frustrating typing on my little p20 lite with my dominant hand in a cast...

Chat soon guys and gals

Back