Advice please :)

@MeirTaitz do you put different liquid in with the same coil (in stock coil tanks) and the same wick (in rebuildables)?

If you mix your liquid without changing your coil/wick, it can have the same effect as well, as there will always be remants of the first liquid in your cotton/tank. Too much mixing of juice on the same tank can cause these problems too. Stick to one liquid in one tank a week, only change your liquid when you change your coil/wick.

And yes, like @CJB85 said, post some build pics when you are rewicking on the Wasp. Go watch my wicking video (the second part, not the roundwire coil) I sent you a couple of times and then play/pause as you build it yourself too. With that wicking method I chucked juice through that tank for days without having to rewick or change anything. But also, use DL juice (70/30 or 80/20) with the Wasp, not MTL Juice (50/50). Otherwise you are going to get a lot of leacking through the bottom airflow very quickly, especially if you run at higher watts and the juice warms up.

I have watched your video 4 times, but remember that I bought it 2/3 days ago and the guy in the shop put the coil in and wicked it for me. He said the wick should last roughtly a week, so I haven't touched it yet and assumed he should be good at it. I have stuck to one liquid so far since I got this rta (70/30)

I was actually planning to go buy an ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow, because I'm far too lazy to wash by hand. I assume you can just take the wick out and drop the coil into the cleaner and the taste of the previous liquid should be gone? That's how I imagine it anyway :)

I'm going to take this guys wick out and do it myself just now. Hold thumbs I don't fsck it all up!

Here is my advice, for what it’s worth (I was in the same place you are now).
The Wasp Nano is widely regarded as a little flavour banger and one that is easy to build and wick. My guess is if you dump it now and keep looking for the “right tank”, you are going to burn through a lot of tanks and a lot of cash.
You need to focus on why you are not getting the flavour from a tank that is known for flavour and it comes down to your build and wick skills. Focus on improving this and you will be much better off in the future.
There are many guys on this forum that can build on about any deck with their eyes closed, so maybe take some detailed photos of your build and wicking. Try to describe how tight the cotton was in the coil, how high/low the coil was positioned, did you thin the cotton and by how much etc etc. I am willing to bet someone will be able to give you advice that will completely change your experience.
Every single review I've watched (aside from Mike Vapes) say it's a flavour banger, that's what made me even more aggitated while vaping on it.
This obviously means the guy in the store placed the coil incorrectly or wicked ir poorly. I would assume it's coil placement as there are no dry hits or leaking, so that means the wicking is correct?

I am gonna give it a shot tonight myself but I only have 1 spare new coil so I'll hopefully not mess it up :p

Here's how it looks (the guy in the store did it)
I'm gonna wash the whole tank and then try myself. 20201112_173839[1].jpg 20201112_173811.jpg 20201112_173832.jpg

@MeirTaitz with most RTA's very small wicking adjustments and coil positioning adjustments can result in big differences in flavour. I reckon wicking is likely the culprit if you're not getting the flavour you should be.
I'm using Kayfuns which are known for great flavour (and easy building) - but things were muted at first and I was disappointed until I got the wicking dialed-in.

Make your ends shorter than what he did, you dont want the wick to touch the base of the deck. It just needs to poke its little head out when you screw the bell back on with a gap between the cotton and the base.
Agree, if the cotton is pressed against the base, liquid can only get in direct contact with the outside strands. Cutting it a little shorter will allow liquid to get “underneath” and n contact with much more of the cotton. It will wick much quicker that way.

Have to agree, when I wick my Nano, I have it tight through the coil and then combed through to thin the tails and short like you say. Can't be too much wrong because it guzzles juice and loads of flavour from every pull.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm glad I'm almost bald because I would have ripped my hair out with this! I've wicked it 5 times, different lengths each time, took the coil out, spaced it, nothing changed. I am VERY happy to pay somebody and drive to their house / office to show me because at this stage a cigarette is very tempting and doesn't need wicking.

Last edited:
what cotton are you using? try getting a couple of pads of Japanese cotton. its not the best cotton in the world but you can accurately cut out strip to determine what is the right amount to use. Once you get used to the pull of the cotton through the coil you will be able to use any cotton.
@Ugi loves the wasp nano....help the brother out.

what cotton are you using? try getting a couple of pads of Japanese cotton. its not the best cotton in the world but you can accurately cut out strip to determine what is the right amount to use. Once you get used to the pull of the cotton through the coil you will be able to use any cotton.
@Ugi loves the wasp nano....help the brother out.
I'll try that once I get to the store tomorrow. I'm using cotton bacon Prime.

Awee @Hakhan my wasp days are over... But i used to cut wick tails shorter just flush with bottom gap
3mm or 2.5mm coil

Hey guys, I am going to get the Drop Dead this morning, but before I do I wanted to know if you'd recommend the Drop over it? I am set on getting one of the two, but finding the Drop is a little harder.

Hey guys, I am going to get the Drop Dead this morning, but before I do I wanted to know if you'd recommend the Drop over it? I am set on getting one of the two, but finding the Drop is a little harder.

The Drop Dead is a flavour machine but its very temperamental when it comes to coil placement. Mike Vapes' review gives a good starting point to work from.

I've been running mine for over 2 years now and had some ups and downs with it. But its my favourite RDA. Dare I say with better flavour than the Hadaly and Citadel when it comes to desserts if you get the coil placing right.

There is a fine line between the Drop, Drop Dead and Dead Rabbit (v1)... and it comes down to preference from person to person (and finding the sweetspot on each of them that works for you). The Drop is my favorite, Dead Rabbit (v1) is 2nd, tied 3rd for Drop Dead and Dead Rabbit V2.

Back