Advken Potento Pod System Kit - Review

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Potento Pod System Kit from Advken. The Advken Potento Pod System Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/advken-poten...23741.html

Introduction

Advken isn't a manufacturer i have used more than a couple of products from so not that familiar with them but just by what i have read and heard they have produced a couple of very good products but also some which received a mixed reception.

The Potento Pod system brings us new meets old in the way of variable voltage via a potentiometer dial (who doesn't like a potentiometer dial from time to time). The dial gives variable voltage from 3.2 to 4.2v to get the power and warmth you prefer in conjunction with the 1.2ohm Pod. The lightweight Pod device utilises either 2.5ml or TPD compliant 2.0ml pods both of which house a 1.2ohm coil for a MTL vape. The device is draw activated but does have a on/off button which can also be used to check battery status. Coming in 4 colour options let's give the Potento Pod System a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1pc Potento Device
1pc Type-C Cable
2pc Potento Pods
Paperwork

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Potento comes in cardboard packaging with a picture of the device in the colour of choice on the front. I received the Silver Blue version which starts Dark Blue at it's base and gradually fuses into a Silver that dominates the top of the device. The colour options are Obsidian Black, Silver Blue, Ruby Red or Slate Grey, on both the front and back of the device on the upper area we have an indented dimpled effect which is the main aesthetic feature.

Towards the top on both sides we have a small hole for airflow and towards the bottom one side we have printed safety stamps and a Type C USB port, on the opposite side we have a on/off button and LED. Moving to the base and central we have a potentiometer dial with a protruding leg either side to allow the device to stand up. Most of the dark tinted pod protrudes from the device allowing visibility of your e-liquid level in good light but too dark to be fully practical.

The form factor isn't a million miles different to the Caliburn just larger but the Potento actually feels lighter and is nice and comfortable in the hand!

Potento Specs and Features:

Size: 121.2* 22.8* 12mm
Battery: 560mah built-in battery
Coil Material: Mesh Coil
Charging port: Type-C
Coil Resistance: 1.2ohm
Output voltage: 3.2V-4.2V
Cartridge Material: PCTG
Device Material: ALUMINIUM ALLOY/PCTG
Capacity: 2.5ml/2ml (TPD)
Voltage adjustment by rotating the bottom potentiometer control knob
Side filling design
Colours: Obsidian Black, Silver Blue, Ruby Red, Slate Grey

The Pod

The Pod is both one complete moulding and a sealed unit so the whole pod needs replacing rather than just the coil. The Pod has a capacity of 2.5ml with the standard pods but also TPD compliant 2ml pods i have had no trouble finding online. You receive two pods both of which houses a 1.2ohm coil and as far as i can find no other options are available.

The Pod is very darkly tinted so not as practical as it should be but in decent light i could see the juice level without much difficulty. It smoothly tapers both front and back to form a very comfortable mouthpiece which has a bore suited much more to a MTL vape rather than any form of DL.

On the rear of the pod we have a silicone flap with bung which will need pulling outwards to fill. Moving to the base of the pod we have the two Gold plated contacts and central opening which will lead to the membrane switch when fitted to the device.

Filling The Pod

As mentioned on the rear of the pod we have a silicone flap which is easy to get hold of to pull the bung out of the fill port. The bung sits quite deep for a good seal and the silicone piece is soft and pliable allowing for easy access. The fill port is a good size allowing air to escape while filling and despite the pod being darkly tinted i had no issues seeing the level as i filled, i had no issues at all!

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the pod bay we can see the sturdy Gold plated, spring loaded contacts and opening to the membrane switch. The pod just gets press fitted into place but a click can clearly be heard as it secures. When checking for it their is slight movement but it takes a bit of effort so during vaping no movement whatsoever is detected!

Operating The Potento

The Potento is a draw activated Pod System but does have an On/Off button that can also be used to check the limited battery status indication. To turn the device On/Off is five quick presses of the button, off is confirmed by 3 white flashes of the LED while switching the device on is confirmed by one flash.

On the base we have a potentiometer dial which is numbered 1 to 4 in Roman Numerals but also you can have it set between Numerals. It adjust from 3.2v up to 4.2v although you go by feel as there is no way of knowing exactly what voltage you have set unless at it's lowest or highest points!

So just keep turning the dial and take a draw until you get the warmth and power you are after then happy vaping! When taking a vape the LED lights up to show the battery status, this can also be checked by pressing the On/Off button although it is very limited lighting White from 30% to 100% and Red below 30%, when the battery needs charging the draw activation stops working and the LED flashes Red 5 times. The LED is also used for protection alerts flashing various amounts of times when a safety protection kicks in!

Protections:

Short Circuit Protection
Over-charge Protection
Over-heat Protection
Over-Time (10s) Protection
Low Voltage Protection

Charging

Really happy the Potento has Type C USB and supports a 1A charge rate which meant the 580mAh battery was charged in just under 45 minutes while supporting pass-through. While charging the LED slow pulses White and then stays lit once fully charged.

How It Vapes? And Thoughts!

First off the Potento is marketed as being both MTL and DL and i think what they are getting at is the airflow is in that loose MTL grey area which also allows for a RDL vape if you prefer but my experience was this gives just a slightly tighter draw than the Caliburn and is more a medium loose MTL as it didn't give me a satisfactory RDL draw. I actually like the draw it gives and the flavour from the 1.2ohm pods while not being quite on par with the Caliburn for example is still very decent and i got six fills before noticing a slight drop off in flavour which again is about par for these type of pods.

The draw activation is as good as on any device that i have tried and it didn't once fail to activate giving a reliable vape every time. Also the potentiometer dial works great, as you turn it and take vapes you can detect the increase in power and vaper as well as the warmth of the vape increase. At the lowest point (3.2v) it still gives a decent vape but is on the cool side so just turn the dial until you hit your sweet spot.

For me having to change the whole pod when the coil is spent rather than just the coil is a con but at least this type of sealed pod is much more leak resistant and i experienced no leaking whatsoever. I could see the juice inside the pod but not always just at a glance and although i don't mind lightly tinted pods the Potento pods are just too dark! I also don't like the need to remove the pod from the device to fill although i had no issues while filling.

The two tier battery status is better than nothing but really i would expect 3 tiers minimum although i do like how easy it is to check the status and the fact despite being draw activated only it has an On/Off button so the device can be switched off.

For it's size and having a potentiometer a 580mAh battery is as big as is possible which isn't great but in conjunction with the 1.2ohm pod doesn't give bad life but it does vary depending on how high you set the dial. Having Type C USB is great and 45 minutes to charge while supporting pass-through i am also very happy with as i am that the device can be stood up even while charging.

To sum up the Potento with it's potentiometer dial and very responsive draw activation has a bit more about it than most simple pod systems but could be improved on in way of better battery status indication and a clearer Pod!

Nice looking well made device
4 Colour options
Lightweight
On/Off button
Potentiometer variable voltage dial
Type C USB
Responsive Switch
Performed flawlessly
Nice medium loose MTL draw
Good flavour
Longevity about par
Battery status indication (limited see cons)
No leaking experienced
Can stand up even when charging (side port)
Charges within 45 minutes
Supports pass-through

Cons

Only 2 tier battery status indication
Dark Pod
Need to remove pod to fill
Whole pod needs replacing rather than just coil
1.2ohm pod only option
No fire via button option (draw activation only)

I would once again like to thank the Healthcabin for supplying the Advken Potento Pod System Kit for the purpose of this review, thanks for reading and stay safe!

https://www.healthcabin.net/advken-poten...23741.html

Back