Aga T2 Showing Too High Resistance

ET

Vaping Addict
Supporting Vendor
VIP
LV

Awards
earlier today i got all hot and bothered after i got my new little cheapie ohm reader and of course the first thing i measured was the ohmage on my aga t2. it said 7 ohms so then i started freaking a bit and thinking it was the ohm reader. it's not. here i take all the time to wrap a nice looking coil, attach it to the right screws and posts and whatnot and i get this huge ohm reading. just as a test i took a short piece of kanthal and just put that between the 2 posts and i still got a reading of over 4 ohms. anyone else encounter a problem like this before?

If you do not properly fasten the post screws your reading could be way off?

Another thing to look at; does the centre pin make proper contact with the 510 connector on ohms reader?

i'll take it apart, give it a good wash and try again when it's dried off and i can reassemble in nice daylight. already lost one of those stupid little nuts somewhere on my floor behind some boxes

not yet. busy getting my place into some kind of female friendly state and cutting my hair for tonights date. the one that now might be cancelled because her mom doesn't like me. not the thing i thought i'd worry about in my 30's to be sure

Sorry to hear that, without the mother's blessing, well ... good luck.

yeah something in how i assembled it the last time round must have caused some issue. after much silent swearing i finally got it assembled again and stuck it on the ohm reader and used my handy handy resistor to test. got almost the same resistance as the resistor is supposed to give so now it's wrap another coil time to test that

there now that looks much better. so far so good. i'll try a cotton wick first methinks, less effort than a stainless steel mesh one

1779721_10152292240146337_182359601_n.jpg

Back