Alex

Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Capture.PNG

I just got back from an amazing time in East London, we spent the last week soaking up the sun, crashing the waves and drinking lots of beer. It was awesome spending quality time with the fam.

But sadly I had to say goodbye to my trusty Silver Smok Alien... we had a good thing going over the last year. but sadly she didn't make it out of intensive care :(. It was touch and go over the last couple of days, but it seems as though she couldn't quite stand up to the ocean waters of the wild coast. And after an intensive 3 hours operation this morning, her heart just gave in.

Feel free to join me with a beer as I pay homage to a good friend
0755a9f0a04b6c397d1fc223e52786f1.jpg

:sidra_1:
33513471506_f2fc63ed72_z.jpg

She hasn't left you ... she's still watching over you and she'll guide you to your next one.

Sorry to hear about this @Alex !
I know you liked that mod
At least you had some great use out of it

Hope you get something great to replace her with for 2018

@Alex ....... sorry to hear m8 but if it makes you feel better I have lost 2 hands driptips, my good chip died, HCigar screen went bonkers, Sig 213 started refusing all artsy and DEL lost another package of mine.
Hope my bad luck makes you feel a little better. ☺

@Alex ....... sorry to hear m8 but if it makes you feel better I have lost 2 hands driptips, my good chip died, HCigar screen went bonkers, Sig 213 started refusing all artsy and DEL lost another package of mine.
Hope my bad luck makes you feel a little better. ☺

Heres to 2018 brother :beer-toast1:

Ouch! If it makes you feel better, i broke an atty glass, driptip and the battery fell into water plus my battery screw thing stopped screwing into the atty...

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

sometimes yes and sometimes no.for some people it might be a brush off but there are those little things that was a little harder to get and knowing what its like to lose something and it did not come easy I feel his pain @Timwis @Alex
I lost a cheap R400/mod easily replaceable but it was my first buy and with my last money and eventually I opened it up removed the burnt chip hotwired a switch and still use it.
certain things we value more

sometimes yes and sometimes no.for some people it might be a brush off but there are those little things that was a little harder to get and knowing what its like to lose something and it did not come easy I feel his pain @Timwis @Alex
I lost a cheap R400/mod easily replaceable but it was my first buy and with my last money and eventually I opened it up removed the burnt chip hotwired a switch and still use it.
certain things we value more
The only time i've ever took anything electronic that has been water damaged to get fixed (they claimed they could bring back to life water damaged tablets), it cost me a small fortune just to be told they couldn't fix it because it was water damaged.

@Timwis that is also true.it could cost a lot and if you even it out it won't be worth it.
@Alex I would clean it out again with methylated spirits dry it with a hair dryer and toss it in a draw for a few weeks with dessicated silica bag or other hygroscopic.
but I feel your pain and good luck replacing it

@Timwis that is also true.it could cost a lot and if you even it out it won't be worth it.
@Alex I would clean it out again with methylated spirits dry it with a hair dryer and toss it in a draw for a few weeks with dessicated silica bag or other hygroscopic.
but I feel your pain and good luck replacing it

Thanks for the advice @Resistance, I gave it another shot last night. Fully disassembled - cleaned a third time with isopropyl alcohol - inspected under magnification for any visible damage - checked everything I could with a meter, although some of the surface mounted components are so microscopic it's way beyond my capabilities or equipment to test.

But I must say I do enjoy troubleshooting things, and every now and then I get lucky, but it's all good experience. :)

@Alex then pop it in a draw wrapped in a towel or brown paper bag for a few days before you assemble.my nephew had a fone and we got it to work that way.
hope it works

@Alex then pop it in a draw wrapped in a towel or brown paper bag for a few days before you assemble.my nephew had a fone and we got it to work that way.
hope it works

:) I chucked it into the proverbial "Gorge" already :oops:

Back