All Day Vapes & POPIA

YeOldeOke

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Maybe I'm old. Maybe I'm grumpy. So sue me.

It's been a pet irritation of mine for a long time now that when I visit an EU website I get assaulted by a plethora of crap I have to agree to before I am allowed to enter. All useless stuff, that anybody with half an internet-friendly brain knows.

Age gates, the most useless, ineffective and stoopid of all ideas these pen-pushing dufuses that now run the world can come up with. Even a 5 yo knows what to say to enter. I understand covering your arse an all, but I'm pretty sure, even as a non-lawyer, I can blow that declaration out of the water in a court in 5 minutes.

E-commerce sites use cookies, we all know that. Without cookies they can not function. Our terms and conditions spell out our privacy policy, if you're not sure or paranoid. Everybody knows that.

I will even throw in the panicky exit popups that jump up at me when I want to leave, or just move my mouse in that direction by accident. Really?? Are you that desperate?

So POPIA comes along, and the pen-pushing dufuses now force me to ask you these stoopid questions. I want you to know that I'm not doing it because I want to irritate you, I'm doing it because of a gun to our heads.

We will have to implement these irritations on our website. We will try to make them as non-irritating as possible.

Back