Am I good to keep VG/PG and one shots in the fridge

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
As the title says, having bought up a bit of stock before the tax increase, I now have some VG/PG pre mix and one shots (Red pill) and need to keep them in as optimum conditions as possible.

Is the fridge the best place?

I am 83.89% sure but VG and PG should be stored at room temperature to ensure maximum lifespan.

Nicotine on the other hand should always go in the fridge.

But I may be wrong here.

As the title says, having bought up a bit of stock before the tax increase, I now have some VG/PG pre mix and one shots (Red pill) and need to keep them in as optimum conditions as possible.

One shots, Maybe
VG and PG not necessary.
Nicotine mostly.

Been answered apart from one-shots, don't take this as gospel but I am 95% certain I read an article a couple of months back that said flavourings (so will be the same for one-shots) should not be kept in the fridge but at room temperature possibly because the carrier will be PG, VG or a mixture of the 2!

Last edited:
Been answered apart from one-shots, don't take this as gospel but I am 95% certain I read an artical a couple of months back that said flavourings (so will be the same for one-shots) should not be kept in the fridge but at room temperature possibly because the carrier will be PG, VG or a mixture of the 2!
Well I've never kept any flavoring in the fridge ever, but I heard some folk keep their juices in the fridge to slow down steeping for a fresh mixed juice profile.

Well I've never kept any flavoring in the fridge ever, but I heard some folk keep their juices in the fridge to slow down steeping for a fresh mixed juice profile.
Like I said don't take it as gospel but I know flavourchaser (a well known Canadian mixologist) kept her MF flavourings in the fridge, as they are expensive so wanting to keep them at optimum I did the same for the few I have then I read an article followed by a bit more research which caused me to take them back out the fridge.

My thought is with load shedding and temperature changes in the fridge full containers would be best to avoid condensation which may run down the side of the container and mix with the fluid being stored. I may be wrong. Cool dry dark place like in a cupboard is where I keep mine and I have some really old juices now.

The short answer would be "kinda" :giggle: .
The chemical reaction that occurs is oxidative, and the process of oxidation is endothermic, (whereby oxygen combines with other elements and releases energy through heat and in some cases light too), so first prize would be to replace all oxygen in the container with an inert gas, and second prize goes to lowering the temperature to slow the molecular excitation created by the aforementioned oxidation.
Keeping the containers sealed with minimal air space in them would go a long way to extending the shelf life, (irrespective of temperature), as the oxygen present in the containers would react up to point of saturation, and then cease ... until you opened the container, allowing more oxygen in, and restarting the reaction.

The short answer would be "kinda" :giggle: .
The chemical reaction that occurs is oxidative, and the process of oxidation is endothermic, (whereby oxygen combines with other elements and releases energy through heat and in some cases light too), so first prize would be to replace all oxygen in the container with an inert gas, and second prize goes to lowering the temperature to slow the molecular excitation created by the aforementioned oxidation.
Keeping the containers sealed with minimal air space in them would go a long way to extending the shelf life, (irrespective of temperature), as the oxygen present in the containers would react up to point of saturation, and then cease ... until you opened the container, allowing more oxygen in, and restarting the reaction.
IMG_5480.png

My thought is with load shedding and temperature changes in the fridge full containers would be best to avoid condensation which may run down the side of the container and mix with the fluid being stored. I may be wrong. Cool dry dark place like in a cupboard is where I keep mine and I have some really old juices now.

I don't have load shedding, well I do but we don't notice

NA nah na nan nah

Back