Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

Has anyone used both of these that can give a basic rundown on the main differences between the new Ammit 25 and the OBS Engine Nano?

Am interested in things like ease of building/wicking, type of vape best suited for and obviously flavour.

Any comments welcome

I recently read that the obs engine nano took 5.3ml of juice. I always thought the nano was a small capacity tank. I like bigger capacity. So am keen to learn more about how these two compare

Hi all

Has anyone used both of these that can give a basic rundown on the main differences between the new Ammit 25 and the OBS Engine Nano?

Am interested in things like ease of building/wicking, type of vape best suited for and obviously flavour.

Any comments welcome

I recently read that the obs engine nano took 5.3ml of juice. I always thought the nano was a small capacity tank. I like bigger capacity. So am keen to learn more about how these two compare
OBS has three Engines, the original Engine which was followed by the Engine Mini were both dual coil RTAs. The 3rd was the Engine Nano. Weirdly the Mini is the smallest of the lot and wasn't particularly popular due to its small capacity.

Between the Engine Nano and the Ammit 25 the Ammit comes out on top for me in terms of flavour but both are really good. Building and wicking on both are very easy, I won't say one is easier than the other.

Where one does stand out though is the Engine Nano just refuses to leak, the Ammit hasn't leaked on me yet but being a bottom airflow tank it does have the potential.

Hi Ho @Silver I have tried both and there is no question the Ammit 25 wins for me. The extended tank, no leaking, absolute breeze in putting in the coil and wicking and pretty great flavour does it for me.

Is the flavour as good as a Skyline or Reaper? No it's not but for the price it's a winner.

I have a personal vendetta against the Engine Nano by now due to dry hits being the order of the day for me, so I'd gladly look at the Ammit, actually.

@Rob Fisher - so here's a curveball for ya. If you had to choose between the Skyline and the Ammit, which would you choose and why? :p So far flavour seems supreme on the Skyline compared to the Ammit, but curious as to how they compare out in the field.

I have a personal vendetta against the Engine Nano by now due to dry hits being the order of the day for me, so I'd gladly look at the Ammit, actually.
@Rob Fisher - so here's a curveball for ya. If you had to choose between the Skyline and the Ammit, which would you choose and why? :p

@aktorsyl not a curved ball at all... I would take the Skyline or Reaper over the Ammit 25 because the flavour is better. But bang for buck the Ammit 25 obviously. I have 2 Skylines and 2 Reapers and one Ammit 25... but I have a second Ammit (Blue one) on it's way.

Skyline best flavour, no leaking but small juice capacity.
Reaper best flavour, leaks a little of refilling big juice capacity.
Ammit 25 good flavour, no leaking and large juice capacity.

Nano wins for me on every front except flavor. The Ammit 25, especially on the 2ml tank is WAY ahead in flavor.

Nano wins on every other front though. I run both during my normal day ;)

Nano wins for me on every front except flavor. The Ammit 25, especially on the 2ml tank is WAY ahead in flavor.

Nano wins on every other front though. I run both during my normal day ;)
How much does the bigger tank detract from the flavour?
Like, how noticeable is it really?

How much does the bigger tank detract from the flavour?
Like, how noticeable is it really?

I think it depends on the juice.

My ADV is Noggy Rock, and it has a bunch of really subtle flavors.

From 2ml to 5ml on Noggy, I would say I lose around 50% to 70% of the overall flavor.

It's still nice, but, I don't win enough with the bigger tank compared to the flavor I lose.

So, I'm on the 2ml only.

When I have to go out for the day though, I take my Nano. Ammit 25 on 2ml is THIRSTY!

Thanks for the great feedback guys
Much appreciated

N thank you @Silver for this thread,im torn between these 2 tanks for the past week,I think the best thing to do is get both

N thank you @Silver for this thread,im torn between these 2 tanks for the past week,I think the best thing to do is get both
Well I ordered the Ammit today, because I've had it with the Engine.
That being said, I seem to be the only one having sh*&t luck with it, so don't let that affect your decision :p But the Ammit does look like a solid atty, so regardless.. I'd like it in my arsenal :)

Were you the 1 in the obs thread having spitback and other issues with the obs? I think if it wasnt for that I would have an obs long time ago.

Were you the 1 in the obs thread having spitback and other issues with the obs? I think if it wasnt for that I would have an obs long time ago.
That's probably me, heh.
Again though, it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. Maybe I have a faulty tank or something.

That's probably me, heh.
Again though, it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. Maybe I have a faulty tank or something.
Im usually always the 1 person whos in your place,the entire world will get something awesome,but il get it faulty,so if you took all the sh1t luck with this 1,I might be getting something awesome.please let us know how the Ammit performs,looking forward to your experience

Having owned an Engine Nano and now owning a Ammit 25, IME I found the Ammit 25 to be alot better on flavour than the Nano.

Running a single Twisted Framed Clapton coil at 0.2Ohms @58.3W and I'm in single coil heaven.

20170701_211455.jpg

20170703_132535.jpg

@Silver see what I mean? You cannot choose between the 2 and be happy,its like choosing between 2 hot women,ul always wonder how was the 1 you never chose

@Silver see what I mean? You cannot choose between the 2 and be happy,its like choosing between 2 hot women,ul always wonder how was the 1 you never chose

Lol @Slick
You are hilarious
Then i suppose one has to get both!!

The engine nano is the perfect all day carry tank. It's my go to tank when I'm going to be out all day. it's just so reliable in the sense that it doesn't leak and it's so quick to fill. The flavour is good especially with flat Clapton type wires. With most other wires it's not as good . having said that it wouldnt be the tank of choice if your looking for a flavour atty. The normal engine with dual coils has better flavour

Just a quick observation (got the Ammit a few minutes ago - sorry, no vapemail pics today, hope the finesmaster isn't watching)... the juice flow control is actually the tank partially unscrewing from the base, correct? Or am I doing something completely wrong? In other words, to open the juice flow, you actually have to start unscrewing the tank about half a turn.

Just a quick observation (got the Ammit a few minutes ago - sorry, no vapemail pics today, hope the finesmaster isn't watching)... the juice flow control is actually the tank partially unscrewing from the base, correct? Or am I doing something completely wrong? In other words, to open the juice flow, you actually have to start unscrewing the tank about half a turn.

Your doing it wrong LOL if your turning counterclockwise to open the juice flow.
Counterclockwise to open tank. Turn clockwise to open juice flow, and continue clockwise more to close.
The tank free spins in the clockwise direction and doesnt tighten further.

Your doing it wrong LOL if your turning counterclockwise to open the juice flow.
Counterclockwise to open tank. Turn clockwise to open juice flow, and continue clockwise more to close.
The tank free spins in the clockwise direction and doesnt tighten further.
Ahh right. So you hold the tank in your hand and turn the AFC all the way closed, and then further along that same axis to get the JFC to open/close/open/close/etc. In other words, you operate the JFC by turning the AFC ring.

Ahh right. So you hold the tank in your hand and turn the AFC all the way closed, and then further along that same axis to get the JFC to open/close/open/close/etc. In other words, you operate the JFC by turning the AFC ring.

The AFC ring will not spin, it has a hard stop and will tighten the tank to the mod. The next ring above the AFC, which is where the glass meets the ring, just turn that clockwise and it works as you described. I just turn it clockwise holding the glass - it's easier than trying to make sure your turning the correct part of the tank.
I hope I'm making sense LOL I can upload a pic if it will help.
EDIT: Pic added, I turn the tank where the Red Arrow is- in a clockwise direction.
20170704_170732.jpg

Last edited:
The AFC ring will not spin, it has a hard stop and will tighten the tank to the mod. The next ring above the AFC, which is where the glass meets the ring, just turn that clockwise and it works as you described. I just turn it clockwise holding the glass - it's easier than trying to make sure your turning the correct part of the tank.
I hope I'm making sense LOL I can upload a pic if it will help.
EDIT: Pic added, I turn the tank where the Red Arrow is- in a clockwise direction.
View attachment 100166
Yup we're on the same page, thanks! :)
PS: I'm assuming less cotton is more, on this tank? Very very thin and combed out, I assume.

Back